Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible LVD is planning to plead guilty to get out of any future murder or conspiracy charges? If that were the plan, would it be likely to be put forward at her prelim hearing or would that come at a later hearing? She is going to be at an advantage hearing CD prelim first as it could give her some idea of any evidence against her IMO.

Paintballs can hurt tremendously at close range but marbles shot thru a paintball gun can do some real damage. I've also seen frozen paintballs shot and they can hurt a person badly too.

I just can't believe someone would try to kill another person with a paintball gun....just seems like a very poorly thought out plan unless the motive was simply to scare the target.

I am in the camp that Tammy thought it was a paintball gun because she really couldn't imagine someone was shooting at her with a real gun.

And we all wait for the "mic drop" moment at some point later when his phone (AC) was at Chads house (as was Chad) when TD voiced about the paintball incident.

LE may have that info, but MOO it will NOT come out right now for the prelims as has nothing to do with moving the current case forward. But Chad and Lori... they must must must be stewing on this as they have no idea! And LE doesn't have to show that card for this prelim.

So heck, let the case move forward and them set up a defense which later can be proven false!

Is it possible LVD is planning to plead guilty to get out of any future murder or conspiracy charges? If that were the plan, would it be likely to be put forward at her prelim hearing or would that come at a later hearing? She is going to be at an advantage hearing CD prelim first as it could give her some idea of any evidence against her IMO.

Great questions.

She and her lawyer will definitely be interested in seeing what happens at CD's hearing.

Didn't Tammy think it was a teenager? Maybe because the person was smaller? Alex isn't small, right? She would have said "man" I'd think. Was Melaniece living in Rexburg at the time? Something to think about, MOO.
Alex was 6' or more.

I don't see it. That would make it hard to defend future charges with this IMO.

Pleading guilty to conspiracy to conceal evidence would not get her out of future charges, would it? Asking sincerely about this. I just don't see how it could get her out of conspiracy to commit murder or murder.

A prepayment for what? I've never heard of such, with the exception of Jodi Arias' guy who was Prepaid legal. Is that they type of payment you are talking about? Retainer yes, is that what you meant to say? To an attorney that has no experience perhaps in certain case types?

The average cost for a misdemeanor, a felony for hiding evidence, or for 2 first degree murder charges would be very different to obtain and prepay. A misdemeanor, how much would you think that he prepaid. The other two felonies, how much would one think that he prepaid.

It is going to be very interesting when both of them run out of money and have to get a public defender. The first one will have to get a public defender, and the next one will have to get a special counsel due to conflict of interest even within the public defenders office. MOO Unless, probono white knight?

No not a retainer, a fixed fee. I was answering a post about LVD charges. I think he could have paid Means up front for defence of the charges against LVD. We discussed it on the thread a lot at the time, as well as discussing maybe doing it pro bono. Were you on the thread then? I don't know about his charges. When he was still free he probably thought that he had got away with it at that stage and would not need any money for his own defence. Hopefully he has spent it all on LVD.

ETA see article below

Lawyer Flat Fees | LegalMatch

Means' website offers Flat fees which was why we discussed it earlier in the thread.

Means-Law Attorney

Prepaid flat fees are very common for criminal defense cases.

Wouldn't the defense already have the information that the prosecution has against their client before the hearing due to the discovery process?

Yes.

On a recent video Scott Reisch (a defense attorney with a youtube channel) mentioned a possibility of an attorney staying with a client after the client's funds run out and that attorney then being paid by the state (like a public defender would be). How likely could this happen with either of the present Chad and Lori's attorneys?

I wonder what kind of weapon CD claimed to have used on the raccoon in September. Was Tammy familiar with the gun(s) CD might've used? Did the one weapon CD use have a silencer? Was there a paintball gun? Did CD kill the raccoon with just one shot? Was CD a sharpshooter?

And where is the raccoon now? And that one raccoon bullet? Oh wait...

I wonder what kind of weapon CD claimed to have used on the raccoon in September. Was Tammy familiar with the gun(s) CD might've used? Did the one weapon CD use have a silencer? Was there a paintball gun? Did CD kill the raccoon with just one shot? Was CD a sharpshooter?

And where is the raccoon now? And that one raccoon bullet? Oh wait...
Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

BBM. Since no raccoon was found in the pet cemetery, there didn't have to be any gunshots fired that morning.

Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Documents detail horrific manner JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan were found in Chad Daybell's yard | East Idaho News

BBM. Since no raccoon was found in the pet cemetery, there didn't have to be any gunshots fired that morning.

OR no raccoon and a shot was fired. Raccoon was used as cover to Chad firing the gun. A cover up in case neighbors ask...this was said before on the forum. Now why fire the gun and who? I have an idea.

The whole raccoon thing is ridiculous. Even if a raccoon was walking along a fence, so what? Why shoot any animal that's just walking around? B.S. story just to cover his butt. I'm glad LE used the texts in the affidavit of probable cause to show what a B.S. artist CD is.

OR no raccoon and a shot was fired. Raccoon was used as cover to Chad firing the gun. A cover up in case neighbors ask...this was said before on the forum. Now why fire the gun and who? I have an idea.
IMO the raccoon story was used primarily to explain freshly disturbed ground (also seen on the satellite photo) in the pet cemetery. I seriously doubt Tylee was brought to Chad's house alive that morning. IF she were shot anywhere, they could have used a silencer again.

I vote for the faulty gun. If there were other people in the home, the perp could have got caught if it was just a drill.

IF the original plan was to use a gun on Tammy, then they must have switched to other methods after the failed attempt. How much time would researching and obtaining a poison take for example? Perhaps she wasn't poisoned.

The whole paint-gun incident seems childish to me. Why that method? Why an attack at all? How on earth was it so lame if someone was actually trying to kill Tammy?

A paintball gun fired on an unprotected target from around 10 feet hurts like a mother and leaves a deep tissue bruise. I suppose it could kill if it hit exactly the right spot (straight on mid-chest/ commodio cordis and all) but the chances of it being successful are incredibly low.

Speaking of Google rabbit holes, I looked up commotio cordis. Fascinating. Thanks for mentioning that.

Is there a connection between the weapon used on the "raccoon" in September, and the incident involving Tammy in the driveway the following month? What kind of gun did Chad own? Where did he keep his gun?

In the driveway incident, didn't the person who shot at Tammy run toward the back of the house, or the back of the property? That seems so odd. Why not run away from the scene of the crime (maybe back down and out of the driveway to the road), instead of further into it? Where did he/she go next? Was this in the direction of the shed? Toward the barn? Toward the children's graves? Maybe the shooter was familiar enough with the property to know which direction to go... was there a fence to climb over, a get-away car nearby?

<moo>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member