FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know were we stand regarding this Walmart issue. Some people say that LE confirmed that she was seen at Walmart, some people say that was not confirmed. So, can someone please help clear that out? Just so we can put that Walmart issue to rest.

Not confirmed, they only thing LE has stated is says she was seen in the Hollywood area.

Does anyone else feel frustrated by the lack of communication on this one?

Like, I know that the Police don't need to tell us anything, and I absolutely don't doubt that they are working hard - but it would be good to know whether the Walmart angle is confirmed or not. I stopped by a FB group and the nutty speculation was out of this world.

Nobody is perfect, and I really feel for the family.

I still don't know were we stand regarding this Walmart issue. Some people say that LE confirmed that she was seen at Walmart, some people say that was not confirmed. So, can someone please help clear that out? Just so we can put that Walmart issue to rest.

Yeah.

I mean, it does seem most likely that if her truck was there, she was there, and that in that busy parking lot and intersection, she must have been caught on on a camera or seen by somebody somewhere. But I would like to know that for sure. It would eliminate a number of possible situations.

Does anyone else feel frustrated by the lack of communication on this one?

Like, I know that the Police don't need to tell us anything, and I absolutely don't doubt that they are working hard - but it would be good to know whether the Walmart angle is confirmed or not. I stopped by a FB group and the nutty speculation was out of this world.

Nobody is perfect, and I really feel for the family.

BBM: Yes! But it leads me to believe they know plenty and don't need our help.

July 30 2020
Truck Found Belonging to Leila Cavett, Missing Mom Whose Toddler Son Was Found Wandering Florida Street Alone
''The white Chevy pickup was found in a Walmart parking lot Wednesday night in Hollywood, a suburb outside Fort Lauderdale. Authorities said they had received information the 21-year-old mother may have been seen there, but did not elaborate.''

July 31 2020 rbbm
Leila Cavett's Family Thinks She May Have Traveled to Meet Someone She Communicated With Online: Report
''Cavett was last seen near a Walmart in Hollywood, Florida. Her white Chevy pickup was found in Hollywood on Wednesday.''

July 31 2020
Family Believes Missing Mother Came to Florida to Meet Someone
''Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday.''

July 31 2020 rbbm
Leila Cavett's Family Thinks She May Have Traveled to Meet Someone She Communicated With Online: Report
''Cavett was last seen near a Walmart in Hollywood, Florida. Her white Chevy pickup was found in Hollywood on Wednesday.''

July 30 2020
Truck Found Belonging to Leila Cavett, Missing Mom Whose Toddler Son Was Found Wandering Florida Street Alone
''The white Chevy pickup was found in a Walmart parking lot Wednesday night in Hollywood, a suburb outside Fort Lauderdale. Authorities said they had received information the 21-year-old mother may have been seen there, but did not elaborate.''

July 31 2020
''Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday.''
Seems pretty much confirmed, to me. Thank you!

Not confirmed, they only thing LE has stated is says she was seen in the Hollywood area.

Can you point me to where LE actually says that? I can't find it. Probably just my bad google-fu, but...

eta: oops, I see the links have been posted. Thanks!

I'd be happier if there was an actual quote, statement, or press release that she was seen there, rather than just a media report, but I'll settle for that for now...

Can you point me to where LE actually says that? I can't find it. Probably just my bad google-fu, but...

eta: oops, I see the links have been posted. Thanks!

I'd be happier if there was an actual quote, statement, or press release that she was seen there, rather than just a media report, but I'll settle for that for now...
Still looking, but for now.. rbbm.
''Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday''

Still looking, but for now.. rbbm.
''Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday''

I’ve been to the area around this Walmart several times. It is a commercial area that also feels a bit economically depressed. Although I wouldn’t be afraid to stop there and eat in a restaurant or patronize a store, I wouldn’t want to walk around the area on foot. There are some seedy businesses in the area. It doesn’t strike me as the kind of place someone would go to meet somebody...

Can you give me a pointer to where LE said that she was physically seen at the Walmart where her truck was found? The articles I've seen say she was last seen driving the truck (don't specify where) and that the truck was recovered, but don't say that the two events happened together.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky about the precise wording. And I might easily have missed something.
Thanks.
Sure thing. I don’t think I said the two events happened together but they did say she was seen near a Walmart.

“Police say Cavett was last seen near a Walmart on Hollywood Boulevard and US 441. Officers discovered her truck in Hollywood on Wednesday.”

As a play therapist, it can be really tricky to get children to share any details - and even when they do you are never sure whether they are just chatting from prior experiences. The police noted that he didn't really speak, and mainly made noises and vocalisations. The lady that found him demonstrated the point, and it was literally in every direction.

Thanks for the helpful info about play therapy -- I am in the dark about how that is done. How does one get a child his age to "tell" things -- objects and toys and drawing, I guess. I'm hoping the little guy has someone to help him tell what he knows. And would a trauma be cooking in his little head somewhere? Even with no violence? Hoping not, but how could we know?

And now this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
Zozal1986 !!

Thanks for the helpful info about play therapy -- I am in the dark about how that is done. How does one get a child his age to "tell" things -- objects and toys and drawing, I guess. I'm hoping the little guy has someone to help him tell what he knows. And would a trauma be cooking in his little head somewhere? Even with no violence? Hoping not, but how could we know?

And now this:

Welcome to Websleuths,
Zozal1986 !!

Thanks for the welcome!

It all has to be very unintentional - which makes absolutely no sense, I know. You'd play games, and just spend time with them.

Children are great mimicks, so there is the possibilty that they will spontaneously re-enact an experience through play. They process experiences through repetition and mimicking, so it's quite often a case of observing them over a few sessions.

We have special prompts for certain scenarios. Dolls when abuse is a concern, that kinda' prop so-to-speak. Alot of little ones will draw out memories during arty activities.

Chatting is a big thing too. It's amazing what they'll just come out and say, because they see in a very black and white way. There's no associated bias at that age.

Any trauma he will experience will most likely come from the seperation from Mum. She seemed like a very loving Mother, so he'll be very confused - but they'll be working on that with him.

Sorry to ramble on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member