FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she ever had service, her family could reinstate service by paying the bill. Then, the phone could be called. The crazy part is the family gave conflicting information. On the one hand they said she did not have service, and on the other hand, they said they called her phone. I don’t know if they mean thinking she was near WiFi.

What I think is maybe she has whats app which you can make and receive calls but only with wifi or data plan. I think that even if the phone is off you can still get a ringing tone when calling through WhatsApp even if the receiver's phone is off. Could be why they said the phone just rings when they call. Where as with a normal call, phone will go to voicemail or hangup.

Actually now I'm even more worried cause then it's harder to trace her phone.

Last edited:
Yeah.

I mean, it does seem most likely that if her truck was there, she was there, and that in that busy parking lot and intersection, she must have been caught on on a camera or seen by somebody somewhere. But I would like to know that for sure. It would eliminate a number of possible situations.

Agreed I hope the truck being found at Walmart can provide good info to LE. I would think it would be hard to avoid cameras there so hoping they have a good idea who left it there and of course the timeframe it was left may help understand timing with K.

oceanstarryeyes said:
I think the strangest thing about this case is Leila traveling with a baby and no phone.
She would normally be traceable by her phone.

So true. That actually makes her MORE vulnerable. Harder to track her whereabouts. Wonder if person who kidnapped her KNEW that.
bbm
If they talked much, her not having on-going phone support would probably come up in the conversation (if I understand correctly that she had no constant phone coverage) -- she probably would have told him that she would have to contact him, and that he would have trouble, or no success, leaving messages. Even this little bit of knowledge would and could give him power over her -- if that was what he wanted.
I still hope that she is alive and not hurt, some place where someone can help her get back home to her son and family. Let it be so.

Welcome to Websleuths,
Gatherer !!
Thank you, I never knew this site existed until Monday. This case brought me in, hopefully, it all ends well. So far, I’m pleased with the format and the new people I’m meeting. I am a former news junkie professionally and personally, but a change in career changed my focus. Now, with the quarantine, I have much more free time and would like to see Leila home safe.

Last edited:
Can you give me a pointer to where LE said that she was physically seen at the Walmart where her truck was found? The articles I've seen say she was last seen driving the truck (don't specify where) and that the truck was recovered, but don't say that the two events happened together.

Maybe I'm being too nitpicky about the precise wording. And I might easily have missed something.
Thanks.
I am right there with you, in that regard!
This is why, IMHO, it is vital to type “MOO”, “IHO”, “JMO”, etc... in one’s forum posts, if the statement isn’t accompanied with a link to a MSM article.
My Opinion Only.

I am right there with you, in that regard!
This is why, IMHO, it is vital to type “MOO”, “IHO”, “JMO”, etc... in one’s forum posts, if the statement isn’t accompanied with a link to a MSM article.
My Opinion Only.
Lol, ttyl, brb, POI , and IMO, is about all I know. Last night, I had to ask my children, ages 24-33, what MOO meant. They didn’t know and are heavy texters. For all I knew, it was the sound a farm animal makes. I’ll be watchful from now on.

Lol, ttyl, brb, POI , and IMO, is about all I know. Last night, I had to ask my children, ages 24-33, what MOO meant. They didn’t know and are heavy texters. For all I knew, it was the sound a farm animal makes. I’ll be watchful from now on.
MOO is also the name of my dog.

Somewhere on the forum there is a list of acronyms used on this forum.
I was right there with you for some time. I had no idea what people were actually saying. Like ETA for example. It took months for me to read it as “edit/ed to add” and not “estimated time of arrival”. 10 months later (now) I still have to look up some. Not nearly as many though!

I’ll see if I can find you the link to the acronyms cheat sheet. BRB.

Do we have CONFIRMATION that she was DEFINITELY seen in Florida? I know they found her truck there and her child was dropped off there. But what about her. We don't know for SURE right?
“Police are reviewing surveillance video linked to the disappearance of a woman believed to be the mother of a boy found wandering alone in Miramar over the weekend.”
www.google.com/amp/s/wsvn.com/news/local/police-have-video-in-case-of-missing-woman-believed-to-be-mother-of-boy-found-in-miramar/amp/

I do believe there is video evidence involving Leila’s disappearance that has not been made public, as well. There are too many cameras, everywhere in that area, and Florida in general, for there not to be.

“The Miramar Police Department believes she is in danger and they are concerned for her safety.”

I believe the investigation shifted from Miramar to Hollywood in part because of surveillance footage they have, along with her truck being found there. I’m still waiting to see actual footage of Leila in FL, but I do believe she is/was, in some way/state, in Florida.

Last edited:
Do we have CONFIRMATION that she was DEFINITELY seen in Florida? I know they found her truck there and her child was dropped off there. But what about her. We don't know for SURE right?
I mean we don’t have the actual surveillance footage but LE has said she was last seen in Hollywood. I believe them. Moo

Has it been confirmed that she was kidnapped? Or is that what LE thinks happened?

Sorry if I keep saying kidnapped. Wrong choice of words I guess. NO ONE (especially law enforcement) from what I have seen said she WAS kidnapped. That is just something that I said. I will NOT say kidnapped anymore. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member