Meet & Greet for New Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

Quick intro, Im new to web sleuths, and I can’t even being to tell you how I stumbled across this site, but Im definitely not new to this field or investigations as my career is this field and in a very large city. Ive seen a lot and been through a lot on the job.

I would say that even the most seasoned veteran in this field will tell you that you can learn something new every single day, or see something you have never come across before. Nobody knows everything, and many times to solve a case, its the tiniest piece of info that cracks it or turns it in another direction entirely.

This work is not easy, but I must say you should all give yourselves a huge pat on the back for taking your own personal time to help on so many of these cases. Even the most outrageous idea or theory serves a purpose, if not to exclude that from being a possibility.

So kudos to everyone here.

Be safe

Hello Everyone,

Quick intro, Im new to web sleuths, and I can’t even being to tell you how I stumbled across this site, but Im definitely not new to this field or investigations as my career is this field and in a very large city. Ive seen a lot and been through a lot on the job.

I would say that even the most seasoned veteran in this field will tell you that you can learn something new every single day, or see something you have never come across before. Nobody knows everything, and many times to solve a case, its the tiniest piece of info that cracks it or turns it in another direction entirely.

This work is not easy, but I must say you should all give yourselves a huge pat on the back for taking your own personal time to help on so many of these cases. Even the most outrageous idea or theory serves a purpose, if not to exclude that from being a possibility.

Be safe

Hello Everyone,

Be safe
Welcome to Ws doctorsleuthy, thanks for your kind words, looking forward to more posts from you!

Hi All,

I am new to WS (obviously). My interest in joining is based on work I'm doing for a clinical psychology doctoral dissertation analyzing primary source materials of young mass shooters (25 and younger) that are either explicitly autobiographical or give insight into their personality/life experience/understanding of self. While I believe I have finalized my list of included shooter texts, I feel that my own sleuthing limitations have potentially impeded my access to more materials that I could benefit from. Hope to learn a thing or two and perhaps contribute things as I come across them.

Hi All,

I am new to WS (obviously). My interest in joining is based on work I'm doing for a clinical psychology doctoral dissertation analyzing primary source materials of young mass shooters (25 and younger) that are either explicitly autobiographical or give insight into their personality/life experience/understanding of self. While I believe I have finalized my list of included shooter texts, I feel that my own sleuthing limitations have potentially impeded my access to more materials that I could benefit from. Hope to learn a thing or two and perhaps contribute things as I come across them.

Welcome. Glad you decided to join and I hope you find something here that is of interest or assistance to you.

I was a victim of a mass shooting a little over 2 decades ago that was perpetrated by 2 young males (both under the age of 25 you mentioned). I’m still in touch and very close with one of the shooter’s mothers. I don’t know if my experience or connections could possibly aid you in any way, but if so feel free to reach out via private message.

Hey everyone, I'm Ariana and I'm a high schooler from Seattle, Washington. I'm not super experienced with using forums like this one, so this is a bit of a venture out of my comfort zone, but I hope to become more familiar with the place as time goes on. My goal here is to try and bring a different perspective to the investigations that take place here, since I know people my age aren't really seen that frequently here. See you around!

Hey everyone, I'm Ariana and I'm a high schooler from Seattle, Washington. I'm not super experienced with using forums like this one, so this is a bit of a venture out of my comfort zone, but I hope to become more familiar with the place as time goes on. My goal here is to try and bring a different perspective to the investigations that take place here, since I know people my age aren't really seen that frequently here. See you around!
Welcome to Ws angelwasari, a youthful perspective can be very helpful!

Hello all, My name is Christal from Georgia. I am a homeschooling mom of two teenage boys, so they are not needing much from me these day. I have always had an interest in crime and investigation. I hope to spend some of my new found feel time to get the hang of this and maybe be of some help.

Hello all, My name is Christal from Georgia. I am a homeschooling mom of two teenage boys, so they are not needing much from me these day. I have always had an interest in crime and investigation. I hope to spend some of my new found feel time to get the hang of this and maybe be of some help.
Welcome to Ws GM0403, step right in, the water is fine!

Hi everyone :) I'm new here.
I don't have any particular cases of interest but I do have a keen interest in true crime, research, data analysis, and am eager to learn about how I can help assist in the solving of cases.
If anyone has any tips on tools I can learn to use, or has and small tasks I can do for them, please let me know.

I did see a website years ago where you could look at historical crime data in the US and try to spot patterns, but have since forgotten what website that was :(.

Hope you are all safe and well

Hi everyone :) I'm new here.
I don't have any particular cases of interest but I do have a keen interest in true crime, research, data analysis, and am eager to learn about how I can help assist in the solving of cases.
If anyone has any tips on tools I can learn to use, or has and small tasks I can do for them, please let me know.

I did see a website years ago where you could look at historical crime data in the US and try to spot patterns, but have since forgotten what website that was :(.

Hope you are all safe and well
Welcome to Ws morphie316, all of your interests will be very useful here!

Dotr, thank you! I have lurked for a good 6 months or so, and finally took the plunge.

For the "r" word, it relates to the Mostly Harmless/Denim/Ben Bilemy case. In it, I noticed that in two entirely different forums, and two different posters, both claimed that the deceased man was a firefighter for the Baton Rogue FD. One of them said a name without a last name, and the other said a first and last name (though the first names are not the same). Both stories say the man stepped down from being a firefighter roughly 8 years ago (I have verified the name with first and last as a firefighter for that parish who was not on the payroll anymore as of 2013). Either ways, I thought it was an interesting lead, but I certainly understand if Reddit is frowned upon here.

Can you share your source of the firefighter info and the names you got?

I'm french, i like OSINT, it's something interresting. I discover the Charley project and your forum, it's fascinating. I start to search some links between their names and associated social networks. If I find any interesting stuff I will tell you.

Otherwise also for my hobby I help models to improve their profile on model management.com. I like art and help people.

I'm french, i like OSINT, it's something interresting. I discover the Charley project and your forum, it's fascinating. I start to search some links between their names and associated social networks. If I find any interesting stuff I will tell you.

Otherwise also for my hobby I help models to improve their profile on model management.com. I like art and help people.
Welcome to our part of the world.

Hello, Everyone! I'm new here and jumping in to introduce myself. I'm an educator living in the Los Angeles area and have had an interest in true crime since the first time I saw America's Most Wanted in the late 80s (I was eight :eek:) A few friends who know my obsession well, told me I should join this site but I was always too busy with work to do a deep dive. Now that I'm in work from home mode, I've got plenty of time to peruse forums and sleuth. Grateful to meet some more of "my people" and for any advise from those who have been on here for a while (or maybe longer.) My other interests include hiking, biking, researching random subjects, reading and writing (anything but mostly poetry and creative non-fiction.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member