Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping the state prosecutors will help Woods. The framing of his questions are short and sharp with no foundation. The sustained objections hopefully give him some guidance and help polish his presentation. It’s going to be hard for a jury to weave this case together as he’s presenting it here. He needs to be telling a story that jurors can envision as he’s telling it. He needs to slow W A Y down for a jury trial. It won’t impact his case with a judge but a jury is a different story.

“What did you observe” was used as a preface for so many questions it’s repetitive and worse yet, boring! That can’t be the best he’s got.

Detective Hermosillo returned to the Daybell property after following the transport of JJ's body to the morgue. Detective observed the evidence team digging just north of the "pet cemetery" near the fire pit where they began digging at another area of interest. Prior interjects and asks how the detective knew their were pets buried there. The detective says he dug up a dog and cat. Prior asks if he dug up the entire pet cemetery. Wood objects. Judge asks the witness if he dug up the entire pet cemetery. Hermisillo says not him personally and starts to tell what he witnessed... Prior again asks if Hermisillo dug up the entire cemetery and Wood again objects... Judge says it appear Prior is trying to cross examine the witness and Prior agrees he will hold his questions for cross examination. Judge calls a recess.

Do you think that the State bringing in statements by Alex and the Judge allowing that/overruling the objection by Defense to keep them out, that this then allows even moreso for the Defense later on to try to blame Alex in the future?
but that would be for the murder charges, no? which have not been bought yet. Unless both defence teams claim that their clients had no knowledge and that the bodies must have been buried by Alex alone (which, IMO, will be very difficult), I can see no benefit for excluding statements made by Alex, as it would actually help the defene to keep them in. (Cooking dinner so this does not have my full concentration!!

I do like the fact that we are hearing just how Chad squirmed ( in place in his home, later in his car) on the day the children were located & dug up!
He had every opportunity to say - hey Alex murdered the children, Alex blackmailed me into using my yard. Let me show you where they are...
Noooo Chad did not confess...he drove away!

He may have a snarky lawyer but no jury is going to set Chad free, ever. IMO.

Detective Hermosillo returned to the Daybell property after following the transport of JJ's body to the morgue. Detective observed the evidence team digging just north of the "pet cemetery" near the fire pit where they began digging at another area of interest. Prior interjects and asks how the detective knew their were pets buried there. The detective says he dug up a dog and cat. Prior asks if he dug up the entire pet cemetery. Wood objects. Judge asks the witness if he dug up the entire pet cemetery. Hermisillo says not him personally and starts to tell what he witnessed... Prior again asks if Hermisillo dug up the entire cemetery and Wood again objects... Judge says it appear Prior is trying to cross examine the witness and Prior agrees he will hold his questions for cross examination. Judge calls a recess.

What difference does it make how many dogs and cats and raccoons he dug up?

Chad had seemed more nervously animated when the testimony related to Tylee than he did when it related to JJ (with respect to the photographs taken the day they were last seen). Now, Prior seems to be interjecting a bit more, and I'm not really sure what he's getting at with respect to the "whole pet cemetery," but I find it interesting that his increasing interjections relate to the recovery of Tylee.

Maybe I'm just reading things into it, but it sure seems Chad feels substantially more at risk in relation to the burial and recovery of Tylee than he does in relation to the burial and recovery of JJ.

ETA: I wonder if Prior is going the "it was all Alex" approach, but knows that the evidence revealed to date puts him most at risk in relation to the burial of Tylee. However, the detective's observations of Chad's intense interest in the LE recovery efforts around the area of the pond indicate that Chad knew one of the bodies was there.

While we're on recess I turned on the CourtTV live feed channel on my TV and it's far behind the Zoom live. Chad was smirking a bunch while the detective described him in his vehicle outside during the search. What is with the smiles, Chad? It's like he is reliving the moment in his head with pleasure. o_O:confused::mad:
MOO.

Chad had seemed more nervously animated when the testimony related to Tylee than he did when it related to JJ (with respect to the photographs taken the day they were last seen). Now, Prior seems to be interjecting a bit more, and I'm not really sure what he's getting at with respect to the "whole pet cemetery," but I find it interesting that his increasing interjections relate to the recovery of Tylee.

Maybe I'm just reading things into it, but it sure seems Chad feels substantially more at risk in relation to the burial and recovery Tylee than he does in relation to the burial and recovery of JJ.
If I had to guess I think Prior is raising foundation to dispute potential DA claims Chad did not bury a raccoon in the backyard that morning as he claimed in his text to Tammy.

Justin Lum [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]26m
Hermosillo and Wood are now discussing the child protection order filed and served to Lori Vallow to produce JJ and Tylee within 5 days of being served. Hermosillo learned Vallow and Daybell were on island of Kauai in January.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 25m
1/24/19 - Hermosillo arrives in Kauai. Along w/ Kauai Police, he came to serve the order and do surveillance of the couple. Again, no sighting of the kids.

Justin Lum [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]24m
Surveillance led Hermosillo to finding Chad Daybell & Lori Vallow in a car. Kauai PD would execute a search warrant on the vehicle. Hermosillo says there were no items inside to show JJ & Tylee had been there.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 24m
Regarding the condo Daybell & Vallow stayed at in Princeville, Hermosillo says he found no items connected to the children.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 22m
Replying to @jlumfox10
Fast forward to 6/9/20. Hermosillo says he surveyed Chad Daybell’s property in Salem, Idaho. RPD served a search warrant. Daybell’s sons let police in. Daybell sat in the kitchen and spoke w/ his attorney.

Justin Lum [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]20m

A demonstrative exhibit (#10) is about to be shown. Daybell and Prior moments after seeing it.

Justin Lum [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]21m
Hermosillo says the exhibit is an aerial photo of Daybell’s property. Wood asks him to point out where Daybell was sitting in his car. Hermosillo spoke w/ him briefly at his door. He says he watched Daybell in his phone continuing to look over his right shoulder.

Justin Lum [URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']@jlumfox10 [/URL]21m
Hermosillo describes the direction Daybell kept looking at. Hermosillo noticed north side of a pond area on the property.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 20m
Hermosillo says FBI Evidence Response Team marked off different areas in Daybell’s backyard. This happened around 9AM, two hours after Hermosillo arrived.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 19m
Then cadaver dogs came in to help according to Hermosillo. He says investigators found “area of interest” right underneath a tree. There - he says about a 4x2 area of sod of shorter grass in area of longer weed growth stood out.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 18m
Top soil was removed and Hermosillo says then three large flat rocks were discovered. He says the rocks were removed and then a thin wood paneling was found.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 18m
Hermosillo says after ERT removes labeling, he smelled decomposing of a body.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 17m
After more soil removed, Hermosillo describes a black plastic bag with round object protruding through the dirt. He says ERT dug around the object which he believed was a head. After investigators cut through plastic, he says he saw brown human hair.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 15m
Hermosillo says a small body wrapped tightly in the black plastic, covered in duct tape was recovered. He then says he watched the body be placed in coroner vehicle around 11AM.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 14m
Heartbreaking. Kay and Larry Woodcock listening to Hermosillo’s testimony of how JJ Vallow was found.

[URL='https://twitter.com/jlumfox10']Justin Lum @jlumfox10 [/URL]14m
Now Hermosillo is using laser pointer to refer to fire pit/pet cemetery area in Daybell’s yard.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 14m
Prior is now questioning Hermosillo who says he helped dig up the cemetery. He says he found cat and dog remains.

Does the Zoom feed show multiple views simultaneously? If it does, what’s the Zoom link?

I’m hoping the state prosecutors will help Woods. The framing of his questions are short and sharp with no foundation. The sustained objections hopefully give him some guidance and help polish his presentation. It’s going to be hard for a jury to weave this case together as he’s presenting it here. He needs to be telling a story that jurors can envision as he’s telling it. He needs to slow W A Y down for a jury trial. It won’t impact his case with a judge but a jury is a different story.

“What did you observe” was used as a preface for so many questions it’s repetitive and worse yet, boring! That can’t be the best he’s got.

Now I understand what you have been observing all along. Thanks for your insight.

What time did they say recess would be over? My husband called and I lost my whole feed as soon as the detective started talking about JJ being found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd