Members' Theories #2

I believe Burke killed her accidentally, not once do I believe him to be a psychopath who did it on purpose, I think he had explosive anger, which showed that Christmas night, she angered him and he hit her over the head with an unknown object.

I really do wish he had ran to his parents after realising JB wouldn't wake up, and then they might have been able to get an ambulance and save her, and JB when she's older could tell friends how her brother almost killed her as an interesting tale.

Tobiano8th,
I’m a bit confused about your post here. The comforter/duvet belonged to JAR. Why the Dr. Seuss was inside the suitcase with the comforter/duvet is of question as they were said to belong to JAR. JAR had ample opportunity to access to JB; he lived @ the Boulder home when not at the dorm. He was cleared of involvement when he produced an ATM withdrawal slip from a Georgia bank the night of 12/26/96.

Rain on my Parade,
Anyone know what the ATM technology was like in USA 1996. Nowadays when you withdraw via ATM one of those discreet peephole cameras takes a snap to go with the withdrawal.

Was this the case in 1996?

thank you for the info on JAR and the blanket/dr seuss book.. i was legit curious on that question, but i was definitely snarky too...... and it is definitely interesting info

1) do any of the major writers/detectives who've written about the case feel strongly about JAR figuring this story? i'm thinking source of abuse on JBR...... this is the first i've ever heard of it (or remember) and i've read at least 5 books on JBR (or at least full books, and major chapters in books.. of course that would be more than 5)

2) whether JAR was in Boulder then should be fairly easily provable even with money and private jets. what happened to witness that thought he saw JAR. i understand witnesses can be very wrong.

3) if JAR abused JBR, would PR cover for him?....... or was the ransom letter simply covering accidental death?...... and as per PR covering for JAR, i mean general covering. i do not think JAR was there that night.

4) is it agreed-upon by reasonable people that JBR was sexually abused before the day/night in question?....... it seems like if you apply occum's razor that her pediatrician didn't think so. of course, maybe he missed it... i also saw the explanation of aggressive wiping by mother which makes some sense.

seems like the 2 big hanging questions are 1) who wrote the ransom letter?, and 2) prior sexual abuse??

is thomas' book worth reading again?..... do i want to go down this rabbit hole again?

Tobiano8th,
Prior sexual abuse can be distinct from the injuries inflicted on JonBenet on the night of her death.

The pediatrician's loyalty was to the parents, they paid his fees, not the State or BPD.

Consider that both Burke and JonBenet were seeing a therapist, this is before JonBenet's death. So why does a six-year old need a therapist, go figure?

Stuff was going on in the Ramsey household, of which both parents were fully aware. Attempts at medical intervention will have been recorded in the pediatrician's records, prognosis, treatment, fees etc.

All stuff the Ramsey's battled to keep away from the BPD investigators eyes, apparently the pediatrician burned all his Ramsey records at a later date.

He never said if he incinerated any others.

I am sure that therapist knows so much! Sure he/she was questioned. Is it still a Doctor Patient confidentiality or they had to disclose what he knew to LE?

Rain on my Parade,
Anyone know what the ATM technology was like in USA 1996. Nowadays when you withdraw via ATM one of those discreet peephole cameras takes a snap to go with the withdrawal.

Was this the case in 1996?

UKGuy,
I suppose there was no video of this transaction:
Bryan Morgan wrote to Detective Thomas on March 4 stating that John Andrew had made an ATM transaction at the QT Store on Roswell Road, in Marietta, Georgia, at 9:00 P.M. on December 25. His friend Brad Millard had been present. To support his claim, Morgan enclosed the ATM transaction slip.

I am sure that therapist knows so much! Sure he/she was questioned. Is it still a Doctor Patient confidentiality or they had to disclose what he knew to LE?

Beltonian
Doctor Patient confidentiality is something a Doctor can claim, but its not inviolate or statute law.

Its a bit like clerical law where religious courts allow priests confession box confidentiality, but in practice over a large whisky in a private room, all can be disclosed.

As a last resort Doctors, Lawyers, Clerics are simply issued with a subpoena to reveal all under pain of a court appearance, most quietly acquiesce and discreetly hand over the required material.

Hence the pediatrician burning the evidence, i.e. no court order is relevant.

I've never seen any reference to the therapist being interviewed but I assume they must have?

Remember JR requesting an Island of privacy around the children's medical records? This will be why revealing that JonBenet was in therapy would offer everyone else a big clue as to what was going on?

If the case is BDI then it looks like BPD investigators did some kind of backroom deal with the R's, as they knew the case would never reach court, this would explain why during interviews the investigators singularly failed with obvious follow up questions?

Once JR leaves us the therapist might do an off the record interview confirming or dis-confirming everyone's suspicions?

Any GJ restrictions will likely be ignored as the case is old and has cold-case status.

UKGuy,
I suppose there was no video of this transaction:
Bryan Morgan wrote to Detective Thomas on March 4 stating that John Andrew had made an ATM transaction at the QT Store on Roswell Road, in Marietta, Georgia, at 9:00 P.M. on December 25. His friend Brad Millard had been present. To support his claim, Morgan enclosed the ATM transaction slip.

Rain on my Parade,
Yes, this seems like solid alibi evidence. I've never really considered JAR a person of interest in JonBenet's death.

I believe Burke killed her accidentally, not once do I believe him to be a psychopath who did it on purpose, I think he had explosive anger, which showed that Christmas night, she angered him and he hit her over the head with an unknown object.

See, I could perhaps buy this, but it means that Patsy and/or John then decided to garrote their daughter's still-warm body. And remember, the garrote had been wound so tightly the wire was almost invisible.

If JonBenet had only suffered a head wound, why not pretend she'd fallen down the stairs or slipped in the bathtub? Why stage such an elaborate hoax that involved garroting their own daughter? It just doesn't add up.

IMO, whoever garroted JonBenet did it for their own satisfaction, not as part of a cover-up.

See, I could perhaps buy this, but it means that Patsy and/or John then decided to garrote their daughter's still-warm body. And remember, the garrote had been wound so tightly the wire was almost invisible.

If JonBenet had only suffered a head wound, why not pretend she'd fallen down the stairs or slipped in the bathtub? Why stage such an elaborate hoax that involved garroting their own daughter? It just doesn't add up.

IMO, whoever garroted JonBenet did it for their own satisfaction, not as part of a cover-up.
I wrote about it in a previous post but, I believe Burke made himself a toggle rope and used it to drag the unconscious JB down into the basement, as a super childish way to hide what he had done. He would have learned how to make them during his time at boy scouts. With the rope wrapped around her neck and the dragging, he would have inadvertently killed her by compressing her neck thus cutting off blood supply to her brain.

<snip>If JonBenet had only suffered a head wound, why not pretend she'd fallen down the stairs or slipped in the bathtub? Why stage such an elaborate hoax that involved garroting their own daughter? It just doesn't add up.

There would be other bruises on her body if she had fallen down the stairs.

I wrote about it in a previous post but, I believe Burke made himself a toggle rope and used it to drag the unconscious JB down into the basement, as a super childish way to hide what he had done. He would have learned how to make them during his time at boy scouts. With the rope wrapped around her neck and the dragging, he would have inadvertently killed her by compressing her neck thus cutting off blood supply to her brain.

The part where the rope was being pulled would've pulled away from the body.

@UKGuy Do you have the rest of the quote? Thanks.

Swirlz,

Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 38
In retrospect, and I have to acknowledge that hindsight is always 20 - 20, Alex Hunter’s office appears to have been outmaneuvered by defense attorneys when he agreed to permit the family their island of privacy. Unfortunately, this is not the first time that his office has provided this type of concession to the defense bar.

And despite having information that discounted the elements of the intruder theory, Mary Lacy’s office chose not to seek credible information for the sole reason that she didn’t want to ‘harm her relationship’ with the Ramsey family.

If I have interpreted this correctly, it would appear that the Ramsey family, and their cadre of defense attorneys, have successfully subverted the system of laws that purportedly were crafted to speak for, and protect the rights of, the innocent.

Similar description and phrases are used in other books. I've started to re-read Kolar's book as I'm trying to get a handle on his theory, so far it looks like Kolar thinks there are Christmas gifts involved we know nothing about.

The reason is quite plausible, i.e. all the details regarding Christmas gifts found in the basement have not been released!

It appears there is more to be divulged?

SYNONYMS FOR replicate

Thanks for that. "Replicate" means to copy or reproduce something. Only in the very loosest definition of the word could it mean "fake".

Are you taking refuge in semantics because staging an accident is less complicated than staging a home invader and ransom plot?

Swirlz,

Foreign Faction, Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet, James Kolar, page 38

Similar description and phrases are used in other books. I've started to re-read Kolar's book as I'm trying to get a handle on his theory, so far it looks like Kolar thinks there are Christmas gifts involved we know nothing about.

The reason is quite plausible, i.e. all the details regarding Christmas gifts found in the basement have not been released!

It appears there is more to be divulged?

I think what is so confusing to some of you is the fact that in 1996 FAO Schwarz had the same wrapping paper and boxes for all their gifts, whether for a birthday, Christmas or whatever the occasion! I know because I bought a few presents from their Atlanta store. So, those packages in the basement were not explicitly for Christmas!

I think what is so confusing to some of you is the fact that in 1996 FAO Schwarz had the same wrapping paper and boxes for all their gifts, whether for a birthday, Christmas or whatever the occasion! I know because I bought a few presents from their Atlanta store. So, those packages in the basement were not explicitly for Christmas!

Logic101,
Yes, but many were. The contents of the wrapped and partially wrapped gifts have never been made public.

So we are limited to Patsy or John telling us they hid Burke's Birthday gifts in the wine-cellar.

Now is this factually correct or were they placed there postmortem?

Its likely Burke was searching the basement for other Christmas gifts, he probably knew that there were more gifts to come when they were on vacation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh
Back