Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Lori’s hearing will be heard by Judge Eddins or a different judge?

Im not saying it's enough to save CD, but it was a tactile mistake to present more than the court requires. They only had to convice thr judge there was enough evidence to warrant a trial. Theres no reason to show the defense more than the bare minimum until the trial.
BBM.

I don't know the answer to this, but is there ever a risk of not presenting enough evidence to convince a judge that a case should be bound for trial? I get that they don't want to tip all their hand to the defense, but might it backfire on someone (not this case per say, just in general) to show too little evidence that you can't convince the judge that you have a case and they rule in favor of the defense? If possible (and I would have to imagine that it is), what would happen in such a situation? I would hope that prosecution in this case would take it seriously enough to err on the side of caution and give a little bit more evidence than not enough in order to prevent the defendant from getting off on a technicality or from lack of effort.

I agree – LVD is stubborn and determined to get what she wants. She may have been the one to drive to CD’s after TD left for work just to make sure it was done. IMO

Totally agree with you! They were in it together – a conspiracy for sure, and we’ll probably never know which one was more to blame. Both deserve the same sentence in my opinion.

The shouting “fight” the neighbor heard and saw between AlC and LVD was when she was living with him during the time she had left CV, so it was prior to the attempt on BB. MOO

(Added emphasis)
Ok thanks. I thought maybe the shouting match occurred later. Lori is so unlikeable, right there with Leticia Stauch.

BBM.

I don't know the answer to this, but is there ever a risk of not presenting enough evidence to convince a judge that a case should be bound for trial? I get that they don't want to tip all their hand to the defense, but might it backfire on someone (not this case per say, just in general) to show too little evidence that you can't convince the judge that you have a case and they rule in favor of the defense? If possible (and I would have to imagine that it is), what would happen in such a situation? I would hope that prosecution in this case would take it seriously enough to err on the side of caution and give a little bit more evidence than not enough in order to prevent the defendant from getting off on a technicality or from lack of effort.
Point taken

Okay, so if the big pieces of evidence presented today to determine probable cause for Chad's involvement were:
  • CD's call to Melanie asking her to lie about JJ's whereabouts
  • The bodies being found on CD's property
  • CD's "raccoon text" to TD

What do they have similarly on LV?
  • She also asked Melanie to lie about JJ's whereabouts
  • ???

What else do they have that ties her directly to the bodies?
  • The last place and time JJ was seen alive by anyone OTHER than Lori or Alex was late on 9/22 (somewhere between 9PM and midnight) when Alex carried JJ back from Apt 107 into Lori's bedroom at Apt 175. MG and DW were staying overnight there and were doing a podcast with Lori in the kitchen. They presumed JJ was asleep as they witnessed Alex carrying him inside and taking him to his bed in Lori's bedroom; (Lori had opportunity.)
  • MG arrived in Rexburg on 9/19/19 and for the days following, Lori repeatedly pointed out that JJ was acting different because he'd become a "zombie." She pointed out multiple examples of what she meant and on their final morning there (9/23 - the day they were leaving), Lori related a strange story about JJ climbing atop the refrigerator (knocking off a picture of Jesus) and climbing on top of the cabinets after MG and DW had gone to bed the night of 9/22. So, Lori said she had Alex take JJ back to Apt 107 to stay with him; (Lori had motivation; she advanced to others a false narrative about JJ becoming possessed by dark spirits.)
  • JJ did not go to school the next day (9/23) and his absence was unexcused. That means Lori did not contact the school to notify them JJ would miss school that day and did not respond to school representatives if and when they attempted to contact her because he was absent; (Lori had opportunity and concealed JJ's whereabouts by not responding to the school as parents typically are expected to.)
  • In the Dec 8 call recorded by MG, Lori lied when she claimed "JJ is safe and happy," even though he'd been in the ground in Chad's backyard for over eleven weeks at that point. In that same call, when MG told Lori that AxC had told her "she didn't want to know what happened to JJ or where JJ was," (paraphrasing), Lori told MG Alex said that because Lori had not informed Alex about where JJ was located and that Alex did not know for JJ's and Alex's own protection; (Lori continued to conceal JJ's whereabouts and to spin new chapters to her false narrative about JJ's whereabouts.)
  • JJ's personal backpack and items of winter clothing were found, along with personal mementos (framed photographs and a blanket covered with printed photos of JJ throughout his earlier life) abandoned without payment of rent, in Lori's storage unit; (Lori demonstrates that JJ doesn't need his backpack or winter clothes and that his mementos are not considered precious to her.)
  • Lori continued to receive payments for the caretaking of JJ - as an adopted special needs child - while she was in Kauai without him. (Lori demonstrates that it is profitable to continue to conceal the fact that JJ is no longer living.)

Last edited:
IMO
I know it’s not nice to comment on someone’s appearance but Chad looks like a pudgy ball of lumpy clay. I can’t imagine what Lori saw in him other than a pay day. I think she was initially drawn to him by his writing but then realized he was an easily manipulated dolt and used him all the way. She didn’t get the insurance from CV’s murder but Chad got Tammy’s and she felt she earned the right to help him spend it. Listening to her easy breezy lying to LE when they investigated CV’s murder and when they questioned her looking for JJ, she had a knack for manipulation. Lori and Chad will blame each other and both will blame Alex but I don’t think there’s a jury anywhere that won’t find them both despicable and guilty as hell.
Lori wanted Chad's life insurance IMO. Do we know if he had any? Even if he didn't, Lori could have assumed he did because TD did. In her world, the whole point of husbands is so they can die and she can collect. Chad's days were numbered, IMO.

This is the list of all witnesses who testified during Chad Daybell's preliminary hearing.

I expect many of the same people will testify next week at Lori Vallow's hearing.

https://twitter.com/adamherbets/status/1290799109889130496?s=21

Jason Lum from Fox 10 said there is a list out for Lori’s hearing next week, he was going to try and post it. He put this out onFacebook Watch....link....posted above. I hope it transferred over below correctly

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix on Facebook Watch

Yes. Great possible sources of good solid evidence. Especially the duct tape. If they were not wearing gloves when tearing off pieces of duct tape then their prints will be all over the sticky side. You almost dont even need to dust with print powder or charcoal powder as you can visually see your prints stuck to the glue.
It was so interesting today when CD's attorney JP asked the FBI Agent if he wore gloves when he was brushing away dirt from the black plastic that was wrapped around JJ. Chad visibility winced when the agent said yes, and I thought CD's expression had that oh shoot look, I forgot to do that. JMO

BBM.

In this case as Prior died where is the "overt act."

BUT a "mutual understanding" will also work to convict, so the MG, call and the racoon text are to support a mutual understanding basis for conspiracy.

I missed this testimony while running errands. Was that "green bucket" intact, or was it melted plastic? (I ask because that rectangular storage tote that can be seen in the back of AxC's truck on surveillance video when he visited Self Storage Plus had a green lid.)

They said melted. But iirc they specifically said "bucket".

How the heck did you remember this? You are fab! Here is screenshot from link.

green.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member