Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this --- please forgive if it's a repeat:

7-Year-Old J.J. Vallow Died Wearing Red Pajamas, Says Officer in Case Against Chad Daybell

A judge must decide if Lori Vallow's husband should face trial on charges tied to the deaths of J.J. Vallow and his sister, Tylee Ryan

By Jeff Truesdell
August 03, 2020 05:15 PM

Disturbing images of the two victims emerged Monday as prosecutors began in open court to build their case against Chad Daybell, who is accused along with his wife, Lori Vallow, of multiple crimes tied to the disappearance and discovery of the bodies of Lori's two children.

When found on Chad's Idaho property June 9, the body of 7-year-old Joshua "J.J." Vallow was dressed in red pajamas and placed inside a black plastic bag, with his ankles and wrists bound by duct tape, as revealed during a forensics exam, testified Rexburg police Det. Ray Hermosillo. Several layers of duct tape also secured a white plastic bag around the boy's head, he said.

In a nearby pet cemetery in Chad's yard, authorities recovered a mass of burned flesh and bone held in a melted green bucket, and under the bucket, a partial human skull, said Hermosillo. Those remains were later confirmed to belong to J.J.'s sister, 17-year-old Tylee Ryan.

More here:
7-Year-Old J.J. Vallow Died Wearing Red Pajamas, Says Officer in Case Against Chad Daybell

Jason Lum from Fox 10 said there is a list out for Lori’s hearing next week, he was going to try and post it. He put this out onFacebook Watch....link....posted above. I hope it transferred over below correctly

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix on Facebook Watch

In his facebook watch video I heard Justin Lum say that Kay, and Larry, Melanie Gibb, David Warwick and the others we saw these 2 days are definite witnesses, possible ones are Colby Ryan, Zach Cox and others.

Do you think Kay and Larry will be attending Lori's hearing next week? I sure do hope so.

No doubt MOO. And using the million dollars that Charles left them, not her, to do such. Too much salt for your wound Lori? I'm sure they'll (MOO, no disrespect if they aren't) be paying for CR to be sitting there also right beside them. (gawd, she told everyone such didn't she about that million that should of been hers!)

Karma is a b Lori. SMDH

They said melted. But iirc they specifically said "bucket".

How the heck did you remember this? You are fab! Here is screenshot from link.

View attachment 258385

I remembered because I searched for that tote back when I first saw it. Since the screenshot I took of the Walmart page that featured that tote was 6/9, it appears I was looking at the same time as many of us here were looking to see if we might be able to find an orange tarp that matched the one found in the location TR was buried in. :(

I hope that chad and Lori both used biometrics to unlock their phones because then they can't say someone else was using their phones.

That's an interesting comment that I haven't seen talked about in any case as so new.

Good insight, would assume an app would log such.. if they had the phone.

I did note that it was an LG (therefore android?) that was sent back to FBI. I wish I could remember the question the FBI guy was asked and his response was "I can't answer that".

They can ask, but is there anybody in Idaho who hasn’t heard of this case? I don’t think change venue would accomplish a jury of people who hadn’t heard of the case.

Maybe not anyone who has not heard of the case, but a more heavily populated area would have a not so homogeneous population; a mix of peers. And not so tuned in to the case as locals.

Prior where is the overtcact

His message bothers me.
"Debris limbs," It's overblown.
Its bad writing not text language. CD enjoyed being a gravedigger, the borrowed sorrow and profound nature of burying people.
I think that shows that feeling in the text.

"Limbs" is a play on the limbs of a creature, including a human. The large size of the raccoon similar. It's either a Freudian slip, or he's saying "haha", and using those words to sinister purpose.

Okay, so if the big pieces of evidence presented today to determine probable cause for Chad's involvement were:
  • CD's call to Melanie asking her to lie about JJ's whereabouts
  • The bodies being found on CD's property
  • CD's "raccoon text" to TD

What do they have similarly on LV?
  • She also asked Melanie to lie about JJ's whereabouts
  • ???

What else do they have that ties her directly to the bodies?

She had two kids missing and lied to all they were ok and alive?

I didn't see it as the witness not understanding what Prior was getting at--that FBI agent probably knows the case as well as Wood does. I saw it as a seasoned FBI agent, experienced in giving testimony at trial, refusing to be lead astray by a defense attorney and have his words twisted. To me it was like a master class in testifying. And to see Prior have his little tantrum at the end when he couldn't get the witness to say what he wanted him to say was just perfection.

I absolutely positively agree with ya. It's just if folks are on a jury, they won't know what we know and it was SQUIRREL! for a jury iykwim. For judge, it was fab for prelim, just for jury trial, it needs not to be a SQUIRREL for any doubt. (Squirrel not to be confused with racoon. For those not in the US following, SQUIRREL is a reference to taking attention away from the case at hand to something not important.. perhaps a US kinda thing?)

This was only the preliminary.

FBI was very careful with their testimony. I believe so much more is coming. Murder charges will follow, IMO.

I noticed that, too. I thought the prosecutor did a very good job laying out how he was to answer and the Special Agent fell in line with the pattern very quickly; offering enough information, but not too much too soon. I got the impression he was a very seasoned witness.

I think there is data but I think Chad may have left his phone in the house. The prosecution did spend a fair amount of time establishing margin of error on the cell phone pings the FBI had in Chad's back yard from Alex's phone. I wondered why.

Is it a margin of error, or an uncertainty radius?
The distance noted for most was 4 metres, or approximately 13 feet.
I suspect that's a radius, as that's how most cell phone triangulation pins work.
If so, a 13 foot radius is significant, but likely still places him on the property.
I haven't seen a fulsome map -- I wonder how far the burial sites are from the house.

I guess we have to wait to find out why JP was so interested in whether or not MG and TR got along with each other. That was so odd to me.

Bait and switch?
I'm foggy on my timeline still, but does the conference/stay over visit align with Tylee's determined burial time? If so, maybe the defense is intending to make Gibbs look complicit.

As an aside -- there was a trial I followed recently and I can't recall which, but there was a law in place prohibiting the defense from making an argument/naming another suspect. Does the same type of legal clause apply in this part of Idaho, or could the defense mount their case by naming another suspect and deflecting blame that way?

What about Prior's inquiry if MG had some sort of an auditory disorder? Was he trying to diminish her testimony?

I got the impression, at first, that maybe he was trying to make a case for her "hearing things" in the vein of religious / spiritual directions, perhaps lining up Gibbs as complicit in one/both of the murders. But then, her boyfriend took the stand and the same questions were asked -- and he ended up having a hearing issue, so maybe I'm out to lunch on this one.

Agreed. And why kill your child when you have houseguests? It just doesn't make any sense to me as to what transpired or why. I have to remind myself I won't ever really understand people like this.

Alibi or bait and switch?
Maybe they were 'smart' enough to think it would be unlikely to have fingers pointed at them if they were hosting guests in her home on the weekend nefarious activity took place.

But then, they were dumb enough to bury their babies on his property.

Maybe they intend(ed) to blame their houseguests?

What is everyone’s opinion on how Lori will react in court next week?

Who will be in control, Lori or Means?
Thanks

One more thing I think worth pointing out about chad using the defense that he didnt know about the kids be buried in his yard.
That would not only mean someone snuck on his property on two separate occasions without him knowing but it would also mean that someone would of also burned a body on his property as well as dug two graves, without his knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member