Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

Megan Boswell seeks release from jail amid investigation into daughter’s death | WATE 6 On Your Side

Aug 3, 2020

Posted: Aug 3, 2020 / 06:16 AM EDT / Updated: Aug 3, 2020 / 09:45 AM EDT

An East Tennessee mother jailed for allegedly giving false information in the disappearance of her infant daughter has been asking a judge to release her from prison.

The remains of Megan Boswell’s daughter, 15-month-old Evelyn Mae Boswell, were found nearly five months ago inside a shed owned by her grandfather.

The child’s teenage mother, Megan Boswell, has been jailed in Sullivan County on charges she lied about her daughter’s whereabouts.

Her attorney, Brad Sproles, has been pushing a judge to lower the $150,000 bond on 11 counts of filing a false report, The Knoxville News Sentinel reported. So far, Sullivan County Judge James Goodwin has refused.

Sproles said told Goodwin on Friday that Megan Boswell has already served five months in the false report case. He said if she had been tried and convicted she would likely qualify for probation.

Goodwin left Megan Boswell’s bond intact and postponed her hearing in the false report case until Aug. 28.

This hardly makes sense because it sounds like she could finally be indicted next month as there's another grand jury regarding MB.

I agree that the penalty for lying and/or the charge that put her in jail last Feb would already make her eligible for release had she been convicted. MOO
I agree on both points. It does look like more charges are coming, or at least the DA is planning on bringing more charges:

For the first time, state prosecutors have confirmed they’ll pursue additional charges against Megan Boswell – in addition to her false reporting.
Sullivan County District Attorney General Barry Staubus said they plan to bring another matter regarding Megan to the grand jury Aug. 19.

Staubus also could not say if other defendants will be involved.
Sproles said if the grand jury does not return an indictment, a parole eligibility date might be possible for her ‘within the next month or so.’ He noted this would not necessarily mean it would be granted.
Megan Boswell court appearance reset after prosecutors cite ‘another matter’ for grand jury | WFXRtv

With the "mountain of evidence " to work through it could be quite a while before the case moves along IMO, even if MB is indicted by the Grand Jury. MOO.

So many cases and not enough time to track them all properly ....... but was a cause of death announced or has the autopsy been kept closed?
In the article I linked DA Staubus said he could not comment on whether the autopsy has been completed. Sigh. Hopefully we'll hear more if the Grand Jury indicts.

In the article I linked DA Staubus said he could not comment on whether the autopsy has been completed. Sigh. Hopefully we'll hear more if the Grand Jury indicts.

I can't say for sure but I think autopsies of minor children in most states are sealed by the court.

I say this because there is also no information on the autopsy report for Gannon Stauch, and he was murdered last January. His remains were returned to his family but still no word on the autopsy.

If reports are under seal, I think we will have to wait until the preliminary hearing for them to be unsealed. (No grand jury in Colorado).

The upcoming GJ could also be the hold-up for baby EB's report.

MOO

From the link:

Sproles also said he has not yet received any discovery materials from prosecutors, but he attributed it to a “mountain” of information officials had to sort through in the case.

Staubus remained tight-lipped after the hearing about exactly what will go to the grand jury, including whether charges could be brought against other defendants and whether the matter may specifically relate to Evelyn Boswell’s death. bbm

“We will take the matter to the grand jury, we’ll see what determination they make and then we’ll go from there, but at this time I can’t make any comment about what will be presented to the grand jury or the nature of what will be presented to the grand jury,” Staubus said.

Reports not too long ago stated that LE had a POI. Do we know any more about the POI?

Tuesday, August 11th:
*Arraignment Hearing (Walmart theft charge) (@ 9:30am CT) TN - Evelyn Mae Boswell (15 mos.) - *William Boyden Bryant McCloud (33)*Arrested & charged (3/19/20) with theft. Walmart shoplifting on 3/19/20.
4/2/20 Update: Arraignment Hearing on 6/8/20. 6/8/20 Update: rescheduled arraignment hearing on 6/18/20. 6/18/20 Update: Arraignment hearing rescheduled to 7/16/20. 7/16/20: Arraignment continued to 8/11/20.
Arrested & charged (5/24/20) with child abuse & neglect, violation of an order of protection & domestic assault. Faces a $50K bond for domestic assault.
McCloud was arrested & charged (7/12/19) & arraigned (8/30/19) with 2 counts of aggravated domestic assault & 1 count of domestic assault. Next is announcement hearing (Case #71492) & arraignment hearing (Case #72474) on 3/27/20 @ 9am. Sullivan County #82CC1-2019-CR-71492 (Aggrav Asslt) & #82CC1-2019-CR-72474 (Orig. assault). $1K bond.
Court info from 5/24/20 thru 6/1/20 reference post #26 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9

6/3/20 Update: McCloud appeared in Bristol Sessions Court on Wednesday on charges include domestic assault, child abuse and neglect, and violation of an order of protection & Judge found probable cause & bound over to Grand Jury. Arraignment hearing continued to 7/10/20 (circuit court). 6/15/20 Update: Arraignment hearing on 7/10/20 has been continued. Next announcement hearing on 7/6/20 for original assault & aggravated assault. Arraignment hearing rescheduled to 7/16/20. And Violation of protective order hearing on 7/15/20. No update on 7/15/20 hearing as of 7/16/20. 7/15/20 Update: Violation of protective order bound over to hearing on 7/16/20.
7/16/20 Update: Indicted on his original assault charge. All charges pending will be heard on 9/24/20, except for stolen car charge.

*Arrested & charged (2/21/20) & arraigned (2/27/20) with possession of stolen property (car) (over $2500). No plea entered. Held without bond in Wilkes County jail. Transferred to Sullivan County. Bond now at $10K. Released on bond (3/4/20) with ankle monitor.
Court info from 2/24/20 thru 3/4/20 reference post #26 here:
Found Deceased - TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #9
3/24/20 Update: Hearing has been rescheduled for 4/30/20. Hearing moved to 6/9. 6/9/20 Update: The first witness called was Melissa Wood, the owner of the stolen BMW that Angela and McCloud were arrested in. Melissa Wood said she had given it to Megan Boswell after being told that she would receive payment on February 13. Detective Jason Adams of the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina took the stand next and said he was contacted by the FBI to locate a stolen vehicle from Sullivan County. Judge Lauderback scheduled McCloud and Angela’s next appearance for August 14 at 9 a.m. The case was bound over to grand jury.
Associated case:
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) – Possession of stolen vehicle & violation of probation. Probation: hearing on 10/1/20. Stolen car: hearing on 9/24 & bound over to Grand Jury. Walmart theft: hearing on 5/14. Bound over. Hearing on 10/1/20. Aggravated burglary & theft: Goes to Grand Jury on 7/17 & hearing on 10/1/20.

No update on McCloud's Walmart case.

There is a new case # under the Circuit Court - it is case #82CC1-2020-CR-73334
Can anyone look that up and see "what" the charges are? I'm thinking it "might" be the stolen car that was bound over from General Session to Circuit.

TIA! :)

edited to add: I do have a hearing for the stolen car on 8/14 for him & Angela.

No update on McCloud's Walmart case.

There is a new case # under the Circuit Court - it is case #82CC1-2020-CR-73334
Can anyone look that up and see "what" the charges are? I'm thinking it "might" be the stolen car that was bound over from General Session to Circuit.

TIA! :)

edited to add: I do have a hearing for the stolen car on 8/14 for him & Angela.

@Niner, I had hearing for stollen car on 8/14 for him and Angela but couldn't find trace of it. Did it actually go ahead I wonder?

Oops - I forgot to post this - but I'll go ahead & do it now.... :rolleyes:

Thursday, August 13th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9am CT) - TN – for *Larry Chad Fields (37) charged (3/26/20) & arrested (4/2/20) with aggravated burglary & theft under $10K. Authorities had a warrant out for his arrest.
4/2/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing on 4/3/20. 4/3/20: Cancelled due to coronavirus. Rescheduled for 5/18. 5/18/20 Update: Continuance granted to 8/13/20.
*Angela Mae Boswell (42) arrested, charged & arraigned (3/27/20) with aggravated burglary, theft under $10K, introduction of drugs into a penal facility & possession of counterfeit money (from her father’s house). In jail. Bond set at $50K. Charge of aggravated burglary dismissed (on 5/14/20), but charged (5/14/20) with theft under $10K, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Bond kept at $50K.
Court info from 3/26/20 thru 4/30/20 reference post #30 here:

5/14/20: Theft: During a preliminary hearing today, her father David Jones said she had been living at his home and was always welcome there, leading Judge Mark Toohey to dismiss a burglary charge. She is still facing a charge of theft and taking contraband into jail, all unrelated to the death of her granddaughter. Judge Toohey also ruled that Angela could be a flight risk and kept her bond at $50K. Judge Mark Toohey found probable cause to charge Angela with theft under $10,000, introduction of contraband into a penal facility, possession of counterfeit money & criminal simulation. Angela was bound over to the Sullivan County Grand Jury & was given a bond of $50,000, which is separate from her bond in Bristol related to a stolen vehicle which was sought by investigators in the Evelyn Boswell case. Bound over date for the grand jury is July 17. Next pretrial hearing on 10/1/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back