Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never know- she could have lied. Believe what you want.

I just wasn’t sure if there was something she did that was suspicious. I know in the book about the case it says she changes her timeline a few times which is obviously odd but I wouldn’t want to call her a liar without reason.[/QUOTE]
I'm suspicious because she was one of the last people to see her. Also I question why she felt comfortable going into Suzie's house. If my suspicions are wrong I owe her a fruit basket. I do appreciate that you wouldn't want to call her a liar without reason. :)[/QUOTE]

I think Janelle claimed to have not been to the Delmar house before that morning/afternoon when she found the women missing. Maybe she was comfortable in a previous home shared by Sherrill and Suzie. She seemed to know Cinnamon or at least that is what has been implied.

I think Janelle claimed to have not been to the Delmar house before that morning/afternoon when she found the women missing. Maybe she was comfortable in a previous home shared by Sherrill and Suzie. She seemed to know Cinnamon or at least that is what has been implied.

A while back I hunted down property records and found the house Sherrill owned with Don(?) Levitt during their marriage. It wasn't too terribly far from the Kirby house and the parties of that night. A similar neighborhood perhaps a mile or so away, IIRC. I have always had the impression that Sherrill was part of that "hood" and social group until her divorce. Just an impression. (edited for clarity)

Last edited:
is there any reason to believe she would have lied? For what reason? I have seen herself and her boyfriend mentioned as possible suspects here. What is that based on?
You never know- she could have lied. Believe what you want.[/QUOTE]

I just wasn’t sure if there was something she did that was suspicious. I know in the book about the case it says she changes her timeline a few times which is obviously odd but I wouldn’t want to call her a liar without reason.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the discussion. I have not personally read the book, but those that have that have been following this case since the beginning , don’t put too much stock into it ..
You may wish to look into a neighbor that reported a prowler , and a knife that was found under her window , and it’s whereabouts .

You never know- she could have lied. Believe what you want.

Welcome to the discussion. I have not personally read the book, but those that have that have been following this case since the beginning , don’t put too much stock into it ..
You may wish to look into a neighbor that reported a prowler , and a knife that was found under her window , and it’s whereabouts .[/QUOTE]

thank you!! I don’t feel like the book really gives much more info than is already basic knowledge of the case but I’m only half way thru. I’m pretty new to this case but I do remember seeing their pictures on the news when I was a kid...I was only 9 or so when this happened. There are a few cases I’d just love to see solved. This is one. Another is the yogurt shop murders which seems more difficult to me because I think it was pretty random. This case it just seems like it was someone who was at least a little known to one or more of these women-likely Susie or sherrill. I will definitely look into that neighbor. Do you know where I can find an article or anything about that?

thanks!

A while back I hunted down property records and found the house Sherrill owned with Don(?) Levitt during their marriage. It wasn't too terribly far from the Kirby house and the parties of that night. A similar neighborhood perhaps a mile or so away, IIRC. I have always had the impression that Sherrill was part of that "hood" and social group until her divorce. Just an impression. (edited for clarity)

By all accounts , including Bartt After their divorce Sherrill was trying to keep the house in Holiday Hills, She had the roommate Oliveras renting a room for a year and a half .

In regards to structure the holiday hills home and Delmar aren’t THAT different in value / size . Some reports would lead you to believe that the home in holiday hills was some mansion .

Last edited:
.[/QUOTE]

thank you!! I don’t feel like the book really gives much more info than is already basic knowledge of the case but I’m only half way thru. I’m pretty new to this case but I do remember seeing their pictures on the news when I was a kid...I was only 9 or so when this happened. There are a few cases I’d just love to see solved. This is one. Another is the yogurt shop murders which seems more difficult to me because I think it was pretty random. This case it just seems like it was someone who was at least a little known to one or more of these women-likely Susie or sherrill. I will definitely look into that neighbor. Do you know where I can find an article or anything about that?

thanks![/QUOTE]
Early article in Springfield N-L . Don’t have exact date handy .

Austin I can’t believe it’s yogurt .

Maurice Pierce - who’s deceased .

By all accounts , including Barrt After their divorce Sherrill was trying to keep the house in Holiday Hills, She had the roommate Oliveras renting a room for a year and a half .

In regards to structure the holiday hills home and Delmar aren’t THAT different in value / size . Some reports would lead you to believe that the home in holiday hills was some mansion .
Ahh. Thanks Nixaeagle. I must have come across that at some point - would explain the "impression". I'd quite forgotten the roommate Oliveras.

Was Don still living in the area when everything happened?

[

How many creepers were in the neighborhood? I don’t know if a Peeping Tom could move three women without being noticed. Finding a knife isn’t a good sign. He seemed to be escalating even if he wasn’t involved with the missing women.

A knife could also be used to cut a window screen to gain entry . Sherrill’s window was open , at least during the varnishing . And one crime scene photo shows her screen removed . Weather police removed it for processing , or it had been removed I don’t recall .

I’d like to know if the neighbor handled the knife with gloves or something . I’d Hope a Lawyer would have the presence of mind to not Handel it with bare hands .

If they preserved it , it could have now been tested for touch DNA .

I agree with you a peeper escalating to three abductions sounds like a stretch . But we don’t know what the motive was or the other accomplices were waiting in the van for a house to burglarize . When that one failed , they saw Sherrill’s window open as an easy target .

“Sherrill's 1989 divorce from her second husband, Don Levitt, impacted her finances and she elected to relocate to the smaller residence with her daughter. Don's creditors began asking Sherrill to pay his debts after their divorce. She hired an attorney to locate him without success.” - citation Charlie project . Sherrill’s attorney couldn’t find him .

“Sherrill's 1989 divorce from her second husband, Don Levitt, impacted her finances and she elected to relocate to the smaller residence with her daughter. Don's creditors began asking Sherrill to pay his debts after their divorce. She hired an attorney to locate him without success.” - citation Charlie project . Sherrill’s attorney couldn’t find him .
Does anyone know how long after the abductions was he notified? I'm assuming he was eventually found, possibly in that area.

More to the point - Sherrill (for sure may have been a local to the party-goers and parents), and Suzie (probably) were very familiar with the neighborhood of the parties, and any locals who might be in attendance. The girls were around people they knew from school and probably from the neighborhood. I have the feeling that there were no "strangers" at the parties. Very easy when you are a teen to feel comfortable around people that everyone around you seems to know.

I am new to the forum. I am currently reading all of the old threads trying to catch up. One thing I did look into was trying to find information on Sherrills ex husband Don Levitt but I have not been able to find anything on him. I also looked for a record of marriage or divorce on the green county page but had no luck their either. I am to assume that they were married somewhere other than greene county. Any information anyone has on Don I appreciate. Until then I will keep digging. I would also say that I dont necessarily find him a suspect just trying to clear people.

This is the first I've heard that the living room rug was out of place:
On June 7, the day after the Kickapoo High School graduation, two blond teenagers and one of their mothers were reported missing after friends dropped by to pick them up for a white-water rafting trip in the patchwork of hills.

At 12:30 that afternoon, the TV and VCR were still on. The living room rug was out of place. The front door was unlocked.

I think authorities eventually tracked him down in Washington state. As usual, I have no idea why I think that, or what the source might be. :)

I am new to the forum. I am currently reading all of the old threads trying to catch up. One thing I did look into was trying to find information on Sherrills ex husband Don Levitt but I have not been able to find anything on him. I also looked for a record of marriage or divorce on the green county page but had no luck their either. I am to assume that they were married somewhere other than greene county. Any information anyone has on Don I appreciate. Until then I will keep digging. I would also say that I dont necessarily find him a suspect just trying to clear people.
The attached 3/1/89 clipping contains the public notice of the divorce filing. Not sure why nothing is reflected in Case.net, though.

Attachments

• 3MW___Sherrill_Donald_Divorce_Notice.pdf
    426.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics