Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it categorizes all kidnappings based on the following assumptions of intent:
  1. To hold for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage.
  2. To facilitate commission of any felony or flight thereafter.
  3. To inflict bodily injury on or to terrorize the victim or another.
  4. To interfere with the performance by public officials of any governmental or political function.
Of those listed. I think that "to inflict bodily injury on or to terrorize" is the only appropriate category. I don't know if there needs to be specific evidence of that intent.
Definitely #3, because why else would a zip tie be used?! MOO.
This is so very, very sad.

I love you guys!:rolleyes: I was making chili. I checked and saw the update in Lancasteronline. So, I log in to report. But, true to form, you all got this! :)

That zip tie was found near the garments according to the testimony of a state police officer. That was a detail I didn't know. Otherwise, it's pretty much everything we've managed to piece together.

The last sentence hit me hard. Prayers to you Linda. May God hold you tight.

Quoted from Lancasteronline.com:

On the day that Stoltzfoos was kidnapped, surveillance footage from a nearby homeowner security footage shows Smoker’s red Kia Rio pulling off out of view on Beechdale Road at 12:36 p.m. The footage also shows a male approach a female dressed in white, police said.

Within seconds, both people walk in the direction of the Kia Rio, police said. The vehicle then leaves with an white object in the passenger seat.

Shortly before, a resident of Stumptown Road, which intersects with Beechdale, saw the vehicle drive towards Stoltzfoos’ church and then turn around on a nearby road. The vehicle turned around again, it paused for a minute, and then began traveling west on Stumptown Road. The resident said there was only one occupant in the vehicle when he saw it.

A couple also told police that they saw the red Kia driving down Amish Road around with an Amish woman in the passenger seat. The woman was wearing "church clothes" and it struck the witness as odd because the Amish woman in the passenger seat was wearing a black head covering, which wasn't common in that district.

The woman also told police that the Amish passenger "looked at me with pleading eyes," Jones told the court on Wednesday.

Me too :(

The woman also told police that the Amish passenger "looked at me with pleading eyes," Jones told the court on Wednesday.

Heartbreaking. You just want to reach back in time somehow and stop this from happening!!!

MOO

Quoted from Lancasteronline.com:

On the day that Stoltzfoos was kidnapped, surveillance footage from a nearby homeowner security footage shows Smoker’s red Kia Rio pulling off out of view on Beechdale Road at 12:36 p.m. The footage also shows a male approach a female dressed in white, police said.

Within seconds, both people walk in the direction of the Kia Rio, police said. The vehicle then leaves with an white object in the passenger seat.

Shortly before, a resident of Stumptown Road, which intersects with Beechdale, saw the vehicle drive towards Stoltzfoos’ church and then turn around on a nearby road. The vehicle turned around again, it paused for a minute, and then began traveling west on Stumptown Road. The resident said there was only one occupant in the vehicle when he saw it.

A couple also told police that they saw the red Kia driving down Amish Road around with an Amish woman in the passenger seat. The woman was wearing "church clothes" and it struck the witness as odd because the Amish woman in the passenger seat was wearing a black head covering, which wasn't common in that district.

How sad.. this just breaks my heart :(

Thanks to all posters who provided the above information. Obviously, it's very difficult for us to "like" the above posts.

Zip tie(s) found near LS' garments? Horrifying.

Continued prayers for LS and her Family and Friends. Praying JS gives up LS location.

prayerHandsInHeart.jpg

He is innocent until proven guilty but it is not looking so good for him. I think we should bring back public hangings for anyone that could do such a thing. However, I know Linda's family would not want that. I will pray for his soul.

A plastic zip tie. :eek::(:(:(
ETA: that must be the 3rd time that was referenced in a previous news article, stating “several” items found.
OMG, this is the first time I have heard anything about a plastic zip tie. It is heartwrenching to read about it and comprehend it. I thought JS must have told Linda Stoltzfoos not to wave to the couple who waved to them. Had she waved, they would have realized (if they were close enough) that her hands were bound. Linda Stoltzfoos must have been full of fear and dread, the poor thing. Prayers for Linda Stoltzfoos, her family, and the Amish Community.

I keep thinking of the Why did Justo abduct Linda. I keep coming back to vengeance. It was robbing the Amish with a weapon that put him in prison for 12 years. Was taking an easy target, an innocent Amish teen his repayment to those he thinks "put him away". He may be a copy cat to the Mennonite service guy who killed a Mennonite young woman -Sasha- in Arizona earlier this year simply for not liking Mennonites.

Justo Smoker will stand trial in Linda Stoltzfoos case

UPDATED 4:45pm RSBM
[...] The judge also saw photos of Stoltzfoos walking to church with four other Amish girls in the Bird-in-Hand area around 8:30 a.m. on the day she disappeared.

Jones also described a number of photos, stills from surveillance cameras, that show Smoker’s red Kia Rio around the abduction site in the morning and afternoon of June 21 – and two days later. [...]

[...] An employee of a nearby business saw a red Kia – determined to be Smoker’s – parked by the business. The employee called police and reported it suspicious.

About 40 yards from the business, police found the burial location, which the trooper described as a “disturbed” area of dirt and mud surrounded by vegetation. [...] <in reference to the items found>

In closing, prosecutors said circumstantial evidence is “certainly enough to convict of kidnapping.” [...]

Trolling for a victim? Seen on surveillance both the morning and afternoon Linda disappeared. Why was he in the same area two days later?

Justo Smoker will stand trial in Linda Stoltzfoos case

UPDATED 4:45pm RSBM
[...] The judge also saw photos of Stoltzfoos walking to church with four other Amish girls in the Bird-in-Hand area around 8:30 a.m. on the day she disappeared.

Jones also described a number of photos, stills from surveillance cameras, that show Smoker’s red Kia Rio around the abduction site in the morning and afternoon of June 21 – and two days later. [...]

[...] An employee of a nearby business saw a red Kia – determined to be Smoker’s – parked by the business. The employee called police and reported it suspicious.

About 40 yards from the business, police found the burial location, which the trooper described as a “disturbed” area of dirt and mud surrounded by vegetation. [...] <in reference to the items found>

In closing, prosecutors said circumstantial evidence is “certainly enough to convict of kidnapping.” [...]

Trolling for a victim? Seen on surveillance both the morning and afternoon Linda disappeared. Why was he in the same area two days later?
Maybe he got the taste of blood on his hands, enjoyed the feeling of power that comes along with murder, and went back to either relive 6/21 or maybe to kidnap another person. Or maybe to see if the family/community was searching for Linda, again to draw some kind of satisfaction/power, feeling of superiority. JMO.
Or maybe another reason entirely...but I think not! MOO.

Hi all. New to this so bear with me. They found the buried items (ie zip ties, garments) some 40 yards away from the area that JS red Kia was seen on surveillance driving off with LS...so he returned to the vicinity of his crime, after the abduction, to bury evidence??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77