FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if I trust that article they are the only ones saying her disappearance wasn’t suspicious. I don’t think they fact check
I think it meant that the Mother was aware Leila was going to Florida so she didn’t leave “abruptly in the night” as was quoted by a reporter from Dad that lives in Ohio.

Last edited:
Maybe she met the perp RIGHT where they found her truck. Maybe that's where the perps vehicle was parked. That may have been their meet up point. Maybe then they left in her truck to go to the beach. The perp left his vehicle there. Then something happened at the beach (she possibly OD'd, he accidentally killed her or whatever). So then he had to drive her truck (with her and Kam inside) and then dropped Kam off in Miramar and then looped around to where his vehicle was parked. Then dropped the truck off and left in his vehicle. But then if he did that I would think authorities would have his tag number unless he was smart and parked his vehicle away from cameras.
@str8nightowl
I'm bringing your post over from the Media thread - there is no discussion in that forum just MSM reports, map and timelines.
Thank you.

Now I remember reading that. I couldn't remember where (I have read so much information lately). LOL!!

It says Leila was seen the SAME day they found Kam. But NamUs says she was last possibly seen in Ft. Lauderdale. ?? Wonder who puts the NamUs information in and if it is SET IN STONE (like times she was seen whatnot)? I really don't know. This was from the Miami Herald too and their stories have been pretty on point lately. I am subscribed but for some reason Miami Herald will not let me get into the original article on this.

NamUs says she was definitely last seen Saturday. But it says "POSSIBLY" seen in the area of Ft. Lauderdale.
I think the Ft Lauderdale area might be a bit misleading. I believe they are looking at Ft Lauderdale more as a general area than specific city limits. Many more people are familiar with Ft Lauderdale and have a better idea of the location then they would if they heard Davie, Dania Beach, Miramar (especially with Miramar Beach up in the panhandle), etc.

The family has been working for more than a week to get in touch with Kamdyn. They’re finally getting a couple of video calls.

“The fact that he hasn’t seen any familiar faces in nearly two weeks is probably scaring him because he’s still a baby, he doesn’t know anyone down there,” said Tyuania.

The family is holding out hope that Kamdyn, and all of them, will see Leila again soon.

“Not a single part of me has lost faith. God is going to bring her home. She’s perfectly fine. I know she’s probably scared as every right now, but I’m not losing hope,” said Tyuania.

I don't understand why Kamdyn isn't with a familiar family member

I don't understand why Kamdyn isn't with a familiar family member
This one took a while too - they have a system to work through is my understanding
'We're heartbroken': Family works to bring Longwood boy, 3, found asleep on NY porch home
snipped
Child Protective Services in New York temporarily denied one of the boy's grandmothers custody Tuesday. Officials said they first want to visit to her Orlando home.

“We're heartbroken, we're worried, we're scared,” said Jorge Oquendo, Noelvin’s grandfather.

There are mixed emotions from Oquendo, after learning his grandson was found alone, and asleep in a box on someone's porch.

That's nearly 1,200 miles away from the boy's home in Longwood.

I think it make sense, you don't want a situation where Kam goes to a home and he is later hurt. Then we will be blaming CPS. I hope LA get his name removed as he clearly wants nothing to do with Kam. I noticed in one of the recent article with the dad, they called him Kamdyn Cavett as opposed to Arnold.

I guess they needed warrants etc to search her FB cause its more than a week now.

I'm so far behind I skipped from page 8 to here. Apologies in advance I dunno if this has been addressed.

I have a real doubt that a child of Kam's age could free himself from a carseat and get out of a truck and run off. There is zero way my 27 month old granddaughter has the strength to undo her very snug harness, let alone open the door to their Suburban (noted for height) and get safely to the pavement. I believe he was intentionally dropped off. All jmo.

I'm so far behind I skipped from page 8 to here. Apologies in advance I dunno if this has been addressed.

I have a real doubt that a child of Kam's age could free himself from a carseat and get out of a truck and run off. There is zero way my 27 month old granddaughter has the strength to undo her very snug harness, let alone open the door to their Suburban (noted for height) and get safely to the pavement. I believe he was intentionally dropped off. All jmo.
so do I... BBM
JMO

This one took a while too - they have a system to work through is my understanding
'We're heartbroken': Family works to bring Longwood boy, 3, found asleep on NY porch home
snipped
Child Protective Services in New York temporarily denied one of the boy's grandmothers custody Tuesday. Officials said they first want to visit to her Orlando home.

“We're heartbroken, we're worried, we're scared,” said Jorge Oquendo, Noelvin’s grandfather.

There are mixed emotions from Oquendo, after learning his grandson was found alone, and asleep in a box on someone's porch.

That's nearly 1,200 miles away from the boy's home in Longwood.

When did it change from “found wandering around” to “asleep in a box on someone's porch.”?!!

When did it change from “found wandering around” to “asleep in a box on someone's porch.”?!!
sorry I was using a little boy found in NY that took alot of time for the grandparents to get him in FL as an example of what is possibly happening to her little one.

I will edit my post to clarify this - and darn - I can't edit it now. sorry for the confusion

Hoping a moderator can come back to me - @sillybilly. I know that we can only share links to social media profiles of named suspects and POI. There appears to be a potential self proclaimed POI (not named by LE) who appears to have been detained and questioned by local LE in the Walmart parking lot next to LC’s vehicle.

I know that ordinarily this would be out of bounds as per TOS, however, Barry a Morphew has not been named a POI by LE in the Suzanne Morphew case and we are able to discuss him on that thread.

Can we bring this in here? Thanks!

People has picked up her story
Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering in Fla. Might Have Met Man Online Before Vanishing: Dad
Ga. Mom Whose Toddler Was Found Wandering in Fla. Might Have Met Man Online Before Vanishing: Dad
Leila Cavett's father told a local news station he is worried she may have been abducted

By Chris Harris
August 06, 2020 11:03 AM

snipped
It's on her Facebook," Cavett says. "I have to meet with detectives tomorrow so we can see if we can go into her messages on her Facebook."

The young mother, 21, is from Alabama, but was living with relatives in Georgia at the time she vanished.

Hoping a moderator can come back to me - @sillybilly. I know that we can only share links to social media profiles of named suspects and POI. There appears to be a potential self proclaimed POI (not named by LE) who appears to have been detained and questioned by local LE in the Walmart parking lot next to LC’s vehicle.

I know that ordinarily this would be out of bounds as per TOS, however, Barry a Morphew has not been named a POI by LE in the Suzanne Morphew case and we are able to discuss him on that thread.

Can we bring this in here? Thanks!

Sorry, no. The approval to discuss BM in the Morphew case was a rare exception.

Or could have been from pictures. Someone could have taken pictures and then realized there was a girl who looked like Leila on those pictures and they came forward and brought it to LE attention. That has been happening a lot lately. Someone just the other day got a picture of a woman on the beach in the water RIGHT before she went missing. They think she drowned. According to her husband she is STILL missing. He went back to their room and left her at the beach to see the sunset and she never returned.

But many people these days take lots of pictures since they have a camera (on their phone) readily available all the time and they just HAPPENED to get Leila on it without knowing until AFTER they started going through their pictures later.

I would say that you are probably right about this.

Now I remember reading that. I couldn't remember where (I have read so much information lately). LOL!!

It says Leila was seen the SAME day they found Kam. But NamUs says she was last possibly seen in Ft. Lauderdale. ?? Wonder who puts the NamUs information in and if it is SET IN STONE (like times she was seen whatnot)? I really don't know. This was from the Miami Herald too and their stories have been pretty on point lately. I am subscribed but for some reason Miami Herald will not let me get into the original article on this.

NamUs says she was definitely last seen Saturday. But it says "POSSIBLY" seen in the area of Ft. Lauderdale.

Hollywood Police Department is listed as the contact authority on the Namus page and would be the agency responsible for updating the page. Most agencies don't update that often, in my experience, so I take it as "true at the time the page was created." The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Hollywood Police Department
(954) 967-4411

Agency Case Number33-2007-107868
sean keough, Detective
--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors