Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
And btw.... I believe that Melanie Gibb WAS moving out on these tangents. But she had strong enough bonds to her mainstream LDS that she knew she had to come back and "stay there". for now anyway. She must be mainstream if she is going to be in the limelight. She could be humiliated or have other problems with the church heirarchy. And maybe she has... but she is certainly broadcasting her love with the mainstream church, and I actually believe her when she is trying to get other Chad believers to come back to the fold.
Hope you are correct. I don’t know her. So I’m not giving her the benefit of the doubt right now. I think her smug appearance on TV is for herself. This is about four dead people who should be alive.

@k-mac Im honestly kind of confused by this. In life she could be bothered to care for JJ and without Tylee she didnt appreciate having the burden of taking care of him. She told everyone how wild and uncontrollable he was. Yet, whoever buried him took alot of time and effort to make sure his body carefully wrap. It almost seemed, I dont know... loving? As opposed to Tylee, whose burial was clearly given no more than apassing thought
I get what you’re trying to say. Parents, especially mothers, who murder their children will sometimes wrap them in a blanket before they’re discarded like trash. As Lori isn’t capable of loving or caring for anyone but herself, it’s my feeling the wrapping of JJ was done for practical reasons. Perhaps to make the body as compact as possible so he would easily fit inside a trash bag. If they truly believe the zombie nonsense, perhaps the duct tape was used for some stupid reason to do with zombies. I’m pretty sure Chad knew it was all rubbish he dreamed up or co-opted from another source. I change my mind almost daily on whether Lori truly believed it or simply found it convenient.

The way they discarded Tylee was beyond egregious! Lori clearly had animosity for both kids but I think she had been fed up with Tylee for a while. Teen years are difficult for even the most loving of parents. I can’t imagine how someone like Lori managed to tolerate her kids as long as she did. Alex was probably a big help in that regard. As you stated, once Tylee wasn’t around to help, JJ became an encumbrance.

In this case, I’m afraid there will always be more questions than answers. We’ll never get an honest answer from either of them.

all JMO

Here’s Nate Eaton’s video of his interview with Melanie Gibb regarding her testimony in court this week.

Melanie Gibb reflects on testifying, meeting JJ's grandparents and her message to Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

Geez, does Melanie Gibb have parents? A reasonable sibling? Someone who could have a little chat with her about how abnormally cold and DETACHED she sounds when she goes on about the "there were some good moments," and "the highlight of the day for her" when she is talking about testifying in a hearing involving the gruesome murder and desecration of remains of two minor children?

They had lives, those two children - their OWN lives, and those lives were stolen from them by their mother, one of the two people most expected in life to protect them. That's HIGH on the list of really awful betrayals - higher than the betrayal of a friend.

How many of the people in this supposed "Jesus is coming anytime now" group have this astounding LACK of empathy? My advice is to ditch it before He comes because empathy was something He was very much about.

Sorry for yelling.

I'm with you. I find her unlikable. I've yet to see her display the appropriate emotion on the murder of 2 beautiful children.
Kay and Larry Woodcock need her testimony and are being courteous to her but they understand her involvement. She desperately wants to viewed as being in their "group" if you will, yet I still see her as part of the Daybell/Vallow/Cox group. Always will.
I agree and yet she needs to testify to what she she knows. I hope she does a good job at trial. She was shaken at preliminary.

Note to self: I'm on page 66. I'm playing catch up but muddled thoughts up to the first post on page 66.

1. What happened on Wednesday July 17th that brought on this paperwork?

2. Why hold it until now? It occurs to me the defense seemed to be pushing an implied incestuous relationship between Lori and Alex. Plus, seeming quite willing to throw Lori under the bus. Do you suppose she has clued in to this?

3. Am I the only person that has been duped/fooled/betrayed by someone? Why we being so judgmental of MG? Am I the only one that can relate to being fooled hook, line, and sinker? Just something to ponder. Please leave my throat intact. :)

All jmo
1. On the 17th there was a hearing, misdemeanor charges had bail lowered Bail lowered for Lori Daybell's misdemeanor charges, jury trial scheduled | East Idaho News

2. I think Means doesn’t want to go anywhere near those allegations at this time.

3. I’ve been duped before. I’m not saying MG is innocent (lying to police is big to me), but I also don’t have her whole story. I’m hoping there’s more than what we have seen and heard.

All jmo moo

Geez, does Melanie Gibb have parents? A reasonable sibling? Someone who could have a little chat with her about how abnormally cold and DETACHED she sounds when she goes on about the "there were some good moments," and "the highlight of the day for her" when she is talking about testifying in a hearing involving the gruesome murder and desecration of remains of two minor children?

They had lives, those two children - their OWN lives, and those lives were stolen from them by their mother, one of the two people most expected in life to protect them. That's HIGH on the list of really awful betrayals - higher than the betrayal of a friend.

How many of the people in this supposed "Jesus is coming anytime now" group have this astounding LACK of empathy? My advice is to ditch it before He comes because empathy was something He was very much about.

Sorry for yelling.
Yes!

From the video above (BBM):

Chad and Lori never talked about killing anyone. They would always talk about praying and hoping spirits (of zombies) would leave the bodies,” Gibb explains. “She was also predicting dates about things that were going to happen and they just never happened. It seemed like there was a prediction every month or every week, and they didn’t happen. I didn’t get a sense that any of the things she said would happen so I didn’t take a lot of it too seriously.”

Melanie Gibb reflects on testifying, meeting JJ's grandparents and her message to Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

That is quite different from Chad's definition of zombies we knew before. So now a person could be cured from zombie possession? I even remember Chad's writer friend JR pointing out that Chad was wrong about irreversible possessions. How is this change of narrative going together with the written doctrine revealed by IP?
I call complete and total bull poop on this back-pedaling statement.

(SNIPPED for focus)
3. Am I the only person that has been duped/fooled/betrayed by someone? Why we being so judgmental of MG? Am I the only one that can relate to being fooled hook, line, and sinker? Just something to ponder. Please leave my throat intact. :)All jmo
I so agree with this. The woman is guilty of being terribly naive, but it's thanks to her candor and willingness to put herself out there that we know as much as we do. She could have taken the Silence road...I'm sure she knew a ton of people would judge her for her nutty ideas but she came forward anyway. The reaction to her choice might cause others to think twice.

I so wish I could watch her on Monday! You know what has bothered me the most about LVD? Not once has she shown any remorse. There is something really wrong with her. And Chad. They are a pair.

Why does Colby come to the hearings? Is he there for his sister and brother? It can't be for LVD.
Wow, I certainly hope he isn't coming in support of his mother.

Note to self: I'm on page 66. I'm playing catch up but muddled thoughts up to the first post on page 66.

2. Why hold it until now? It occurs to me the defense seemed to be pushing an implied incestuous relationship between Lori and Alex. Plus, seeming quite willing to throw Lori under the bus. Do you suppose she has clued in to this?

3. Am I the only person that has been duped/fooled/betrayed by someone? Why we being so judgmental of MG? Am I the only one that can relate to being fooled hook, line, and sinker? Just something to ponder. Please leave my throat intact. :)

All jmo
1. July 17 was Lori's pretrial conference, the one where a jury trial was set for her 3 misdemeanors and bail was reduced to $150k (in that county). That was also the end of the week of the data dump for all of her previous court information.
2. I do think they wanted to see how Chad's prelim went, and whether the conspiracy charges on him would hold, or just the concealment. I don't know if the subtle shift of possible distancing factored in, but I don't think so if the document was created that early.
3. No, you are not the only one that has been betrayed, deceived, or fooled. It happened to me, with regard to my own child's whereabouts, and I NEVER would have expected or fathomed the length to which people would go to justify and cover their own selfish actions. I am skeptical of a lot of MGs story, but I do agree that normal people cannot allow their minds to go to the places she would have had to towards the end. Moo.

I so agree with this. The woman is guilty of being terribly naive, but it's thanks to her candor and willingness to put herself out there that we know as much as we do. She could have taken the Silence road...I'm sure she knew a ton of people would judge her for her nutty ideas but she came forward anyway. The reaction to her choice might cause others to think twice.
Well, being the cynic that I am, I have to question why she came forward. Did she think that there is so much evidence showing her culpability and knowledge of the crime that she just came forward to cover her own behind? Or, did she feel a sudden pang of conscience all of a sudden? Don't get me wrong, I'm totally glad that she did come forward? That said; if she had come forward earlier, maybe JJ could have been saved. That's all I'm going to say about her right now until I hear what she knew, when she knew it as well as any other details during the trial. JMO

According to East Idaho News LD has waived the preliminary hearing so Monday and Tuesday has been canceled. I don't know why but I can't get any links to let me post.

All jmo
I'm pretty gullible yet both Tammy and Charles deaths would have sent me running to the police.

I agree with your last sentence, but I don't think MG knew that the children were dead until it was too late. She dismissed the warning signs for sure, which to me proves that she was deep into the cult. Lori and Chad were her spiritual leaders at one point and they could do no wrong. (IMO)
Have to agree with your sentiments.
Maybe she is dumb. Sorry. Not really.
Most of us could figure it out. Just saying.

Oh heck. Here’s the thing. None of them cared about children. Children were a hindrance. They all were looking for insurance payoffs and living the highlife. For all I know, maybe MGs husband was next.

It is as if they were a class above the rest of us. And yet, the rest of us have common sense!
Evil people!

So if MG had a wake up moment, great. I hope DW did too.

<modsnip: Sleuthing MG and/or her children is not allowed>

Also, I think it is possible that MG could have had doubts all along yet continued her relationship and involvement with CD and LVD. We don't know her mind and her past (childhood etc.) and what her needs might have been. With CD and in particular LVD, she was given a tight friendship group. Within this circle, she had a place in a lecture circuit, podcasts, status of a sort. I can see where someone might quietly keep their doubts to themselves while enjoying the fullness of the life being given to them. Perhaps she was hoping that in time she'd be given further evidence of whether or not their teachings were true. She hinted on the phone call that she'd always had some misgivings and bad feelings deep down. Hindsight is perfect and it's easy to get caught up in things when they are providing for your psychological needs.
Years ago I was involved in some large group awareness trainings. For those who don't know, they are like Lifespring or EST. I saw first hand how one's mind and attitudes can be manipulated. For a short time I was caught up in it and then I saw it for what it was. However, many of the people I had met continued with these groups for years. These were not dumb people. Many of them were highly educated professionals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they were hoping to make Tylee's remains indistinguishable from animal remains (on first sight), if they were excavated. Trying to burn her remains was probably for the same reason if they were found before decomposition but I expect he became nervous with the odor of the fire, and being interrupted before he'd finished. MOO
That's exactly what I'm thinking too. I believe that the odor of burning human flesh scared him into just burying the rest of the remains so that the neighbors would not get suspicious about the smell.

Sorry for yelling.
I’m in total agreement with you. Amber Alerts were out for those two children immediately after they left Arizona last Fall. She lives in Gilbert, and it went nationwide! I don’t understand how she could not have missed them (the alerts or the kids).

MG published a book last year with the same title as the Feel the Fire podcast done on Sep 22nd 2019 at LV’s townhome with DW as their guest. It may have something to do with her wanting to do interviews. CD’s podcast on Sep 6th 2019 about “Sharing Jesus’ Love” is unbelievable considering what happened.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member