Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *kidnapping arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read somewhere that the items were found when a area of what looked to be disturbed dirt was discovered in part of their search for LS. Also odd that they were discovered not long after the posted $10,000 reward.
Do you think someone acted to collect the reward? If so, who would you think that would be?

Thanks. I can't read your link due to a paywall. I was quoting from the link that was posted previous to my reply.
Your welcome. Sorry the link won't work for you. It also says that the dog didn't hit at anything in an initial search or a second one. Before the second search, LE "probed" the ground to aerate scents from underneath.

The whole zip tie being found with the clothes bothers me. If dear Linda is no longer with us and he has put her somewhere why would he be so concerned about burying that zip tie with the bra and stockings. Wouldn't that be left with her body? Or did he have a few in the car and just found it when cleaning the car and buried it with the clothes. Could the cut zip tie mean he had her hands tied and the handed her off and cut the tie to release her to someone else? I keep hope alive although I have to admit that it probably isn't likely that she is still alive. Could he have kidnapped and taken her somewhere to hand her off and had her change her dress and put on something else minus her bra and stockings. Then buried the clothes. Why the bra and stockings and zip tie, where are her shoes and the rest of her clothes? Hoping they are with her and she is still alive somewhere. Just don't get the zip tie being found but maybe some of you have a different theory. I live in the next county from Linda and we are all concerned and following .

*If he was passing her off to someone, I would think the police would get clues from analyzing his cell phone records of who he's been communicating with. Just my opinion.

Do you think someone acted to collect the reward? If so, who would you think that would be?
I am wondering if the reward was given to the man who reported JS activity at Harvest Structures and video taped his Kia Rio; I am wondering if LE was planning on giving him the reward. I sort of doubt the reward was posted and someone else besides the above man claimed it. At any rate, I believe the business owner of Harvest Structures was the recipient of the reward.

Last edited:
I am wondering if the reward was given to the man who reported JS activity at Harvest Structures and video taped his Kia Rio; I am wondering if LE was planning on giving him the reward. I sort of doubt the reward was posted and someone else besides the above man claimed it. At any rate, I believe the business owner of Harvest Structures was the recipient of the reward.
bbm

Conditions for the reward specifically state (in part):
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to the recovery of Linda Stoltzfoos...
bbm

Since she hasn't been found yet, the reward hasn't been given to anyone.

LINDA STOLTZFOOS | Federal Bureau of Investigation

That may be, but according to this link, as of July 25th (after JS was arrested) the reward is still available to anyone who leads LE to Linda.

Searches resume for missing Amish teen Linda Stoltzfoos, believed kidnapped weeks ago

I agree Paulas88, from the moment I read about the buried items it was MOO that they trophies that he initially might have been planning on taking home but decided that was not a good idea, so he buried them.
I could see him saving trophies like her bra and maybe her stockings, but do you think he'd save a plastic tie wrap for a trophy too?

I could see him saving trophies like her bra and maybe her stockings, but do you think he'd save a plastic tie wrap for a trophy too?
I didn't really think so, but who knows, if in the process of reliving it in his mind he might get some pleasure out of knowing he had the zip tie too. Damn, I don't like trying to guess what his sick mind thinks.

I didn't really think so, but who knows, if in the process of reliving it in his mind he might get some pleasure out of knowing he had the zip tie too. Damn, I don't like trying to guess what his sick mind thinks.

I think the zip tie implies that he had control over her.

Not a pleasant thought.

JMVHO.

Seems he no longer had Linda when he was seen cleaning his car. Is it possible that he found these items while cleaning the car and needed to dispose/hide them.
Anything is possible. He was cleaning the car at 3pm., did he bury them at the Harvest Structures before 3 pm. ? I don't know. Does anyone else have that information ?

I don’t believe so only because I don’t have any info on who JS associates with. Be that friends, ex girlfriends, co workers and so on. I do however just find it a little coincidental on the premise of attempting to collect an award. I DO HOWEVER fully believe that the items were put there not to get rid of evidence of a murder but rather an attempt to mislead LE in thinking she’s the victim of foul play and is no longer with us. I think JS helped LS go somewhere that was planned for whatever reason. Why only bury stockings, bra and a cut zip tie? And only about 6-8 inches deep in dirt? It just seems too easy. Almost gift wrapped. IMO

I don’t believe so only because I don’t have any info on who JS associates with. Be that friends, ex girlfriends, co workers and so on. I do however just find it a little coincidental on the premise of attempting to collect an award. I DO HOWEVER fully believe that the items were put there not to get rid of evidence of a murder but rather an attempt to mislead LE in thinking she’s the victim of foul play and is no longer with us. I think JS helped LS go somewhere that was planned for whatever reason. Why only bury stockings, bra and a cut zip tie? And only about 6-8 inches deep in dirt? It just seems too easy. Almost gift wrapped. IMO

Curious about what, aside from the incompetently-hidden pieces of evidence, makes you speculate that Linda planned to leave her family and community, had no moral/ethical/religious qualms about doing it in a way that caused her friends, family, and community great suffering and anguish, and that she knew, trusted, and enlisted JS to help her? All the evidence I am aware of would seem to suggest otherwise so I would like to hear your rationale if you are willing to share it.

Curious about what, aside from the incompetently-hidden pieces of evidence, makes you speculate that Linda planned to leave her family and community, had no moral/ethical/religious qualms about doing it in a way that caused her friends, family, and community great suffering and anguish, and that she knew, trusted, and enlisted JS to help her? All the evidence I am aware of would seem to suggest otherwise so I would like to hear your rationale if you are willing to share it.
To be honest, yes I know it sounds ridiculous and I’ve wondered the same thing when I hear other people share their complete, out of left field theories. It’s just something I felt deep down when I read everything. I think the thing that stood out to me the most was when her family had stated that she wouldn’t have just left. That she wouldn’t have gotten into a car with someone that she didn’t know. But yet she did. Yes one can Say that JS brandished a weapon that’s isn’t visible from the surveillance video. But it is also possible that she willingly got in the vehicle. Ugh, it’s hard to really to put into words what I’m trying to say. Something just doesn’t quite feel right about it all to me. But until she is found and all of our questions can be answered, exploring different theories with likeminded people is what we are all here for.

From all reports, Linda was very happy in her community. She especially enjoyed being surrounded by her family. Is there reason you believed Linda wanted to leave, and she asked JS for assistance? How do you think she knew him (if she did)? How do you explain the video of JS driving up and down the road before leading Linda to his car? I'm also curious about your thoughts. :) It would be wonderful if Linda was still alive. Unfortunately; with the information released by investigators, I don't believe that is the case. I would love to be wrong!

But it is also possible that she willingly got in the vehicle.

I believe JS wanted the undergarments and zip tie to be discovered; I think he wanted to pin this on the Plain folks to confuse LE. He was trying to be clever, IMO. But like many criminals, he’s impulsive and not a good planner. I think he used the zip tie in the car so Linda couldn’t open the car door or signal for help. He must have figured that if Linda looked calm, he could get away with people seeing her in the car. But Linda not being able to wave backfired on him. Linda not smiling, and not giving the Amish one-index finger wave back, would have been red flag number one. Wearing a black bonnet outside of church, while driving around with a man, would have been red flag number two. The Amish folks who saw her knew something was strange, and I would have too. It was Sunday, which would have been red flag number three. For all the years that I have driven my Amish friends...and their friends…around Lancaster County, I have only been asked to drive on a Sunday one time – and that was because there was an emergency. It was the first—and last—time I was asked to drive on Sunday. So everything about this was uncharacteristic of the Amish. It seems counterproductive to raise red flags if she wanted to get away unnoticed. I think she would have immediately let her hair down and changed clothing if she wanted to escape the Amish lifestyle without question. And I believe that she would have chosen a female to help her instead of a man with criminal history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4