FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to manage 211 units in an apt. complex.
If someone would have broken into a vacant unit I would have never known until a move in.
So, I'm wondering if they stayed in a vacant unit, left for whatever reason, and K found his way outside looking for his mommy.
jmo

Anybody feel that Leila's dad was just making assumptions about her online activity ? I know he says he reviewed all her social media accounts but how was he able to do so? Did he have her passwords?
I don’t think he was making assumptions. If he was able to get her laptop and she was logged in or the password was stored, boom, easy.

Anybody feel that Leila's dad was just making assumptions about her online activity ? I know he says he reviewed all her social media accounts but how was he able to do so? Did he have her passwords?
I thought he said he was meeting with LE so they could review her accounts. I know he said he thought she had been talking to a man on FB but I didn't know he said he got into her accounts. Maybe he was able to access some of her activity, but not all?

The FBI has probably done that by now, but I'm not sure they would share evidence with her family. It may be a criminal investigation by now. It's hard to say because LE have not given much information to the public. They haven't given an update about the progress of the investigation, how many tips they received, whether or not they have any leads, suspect foul play, etc.

Hopefully that is because they do have leads and are busy putting the case together and coming closer to finding Leila. It's been two weeks and I would think they would at least know if she met with foul play or just left and doesn't want to be found.

Do they have a video of her at Walmart? If it's in the parking lot maybe it's not clear or doesn't show her face and that's why they didn't release it? Idk.

I am thinking they DO have a video and they kn
This clears up some information and leaves some questions:

July 25- Leila last seen in Walmart parking lot with a man in Hollywood. Leila last seen driving the truck (was Kamdyn with them?)

(So Leila did not drive through the night as some were asking since she was sen day before at Walmart).

July 26- Kamdyn found wandering apartments 2 miles away from that Walmart in Miramar.

July 28- Truck found in Hollywood

I’m looking at a map to see how they were at a Walmart in Hollywood that is also 2 miles from where Kamdyn was found, see attached Walmart to apartments 2.1 miles.

So if they were at the Walmart the day before and then Kamdyn found near the next day, the guy must live nearby or they were staying at a hotel. I think he lives close. Moo

I am thinking he was staying at a motel/hotel in the area. MOO

I used to manage 211 units in an apt. complex.
If someone would have broken into a vacant unit I would have never known until a move in.
So, I'm wondering if they stayed in a vacant unit, left for whatever reason, and K found his way outside looking for his mommy.
jmo

I didn't think about that. I was thinking he was maybe staying in a motel/hotel in the area. But then he could have also been staying in a vacant apartment also. Especially since Kam was in the same area of those apartments. In a situation like that LE wouldn't know because there would be NO records.

I thought he said he was meeting with LE so they could review her accounts. I know he said he thought she had been talking to a man on FB but I didn't know he said he got into her accounts. Maybe he was able to access some of her activity, but not all?

The FBI has probably done that by now, but I'm not sure they would share evidence with her family. It may be a criminal investigation by now. It's hard to say because LE have not given much information to the public. They haven't given an update about the progress of the investigation, how many tips they received, whether or not they have any leads, suspect foul play, etc.

Hopefully that is because they do have leads and are busy putting the case together and coming closer to finding Leila. It's been two weeks and I would think they would at least know if she met with foul play or just left and doesn't want to be found.

I am thinking that they KNOW exactly who took Leila and they are busy building a case right now. They are either looking for evidence or Leila so they can arrest the suspect. MOO

Just jumping in here. Could she have arrived after a long drive, passed out, Kamdyn somehow exits from the place they are staying, when she awakes he’s gone but after realizing there is a search for her, news breaks, etc; she panicked and just didn’t come forward for fear she’d be charged with endangerment or ?
This is one of my theories. ;)

This makes a lot of sense. That would explain Kamdyn being relatively well cared for when he was found as well. Makes me think something happened to Leila Saturday night, possibly after she put Kamdyn to bed for the night. He slept through whatever happened and the person or people responsible for Leila's disappearance just left him outside the next morning. Would also explain why Kamdyn pointed all around when asked where his mom was. Where he was found wasn't far from where he had last been with her, so he pointed around because he knew he hadn't traveled far from the space he was last at with her but he didn't know where he exactly came from. Maybe he was even woken up and dropped outside so he was really confused and afraid. All jmo. I'm glad he is ok, but this is really tragic.
It would also explain the sand in his diaper.

Feeling better about Leila’s case, not sure how this will turn out for Leila, but believe LE is closing in on suspect(s). Still thinking Dawson County Sheriff’s initial statement about Fla., LE making contact —maybe visually only— was an unintentional premature leak of what is really going on. JIMO

Last edited:
I am thinking that they KNOW exactly who took Leila and they are busy building a case right now. They are either looking for evidence or Leila so they can arrest the suspect. MOO
Well, I know the family attorney claimed there was a sighting in Fort Lauderdale, but I'm not sure it has been verified by LE that it was a "confirmed" sighting.

It's possible that they have a suspect, but we won't know until police make an arrest or give another update. I'm sure they are at least analyzing her cell phone and computer data. Maybe we will hear something tomorrow.

I think the most likely suspect would be whoever it was she met on line and was reportedly planning to meet. I don't know how easy it would be to track him down, though.

This has gone on for quite some time. I haven't read much just checked into see if the mother has been found yet. Did they ever place the little boy with relatives. He's really the victim in all of this.
She hasn't been found yet. Her family has visitation (through Zoom) but it will likely be awhile before he is placed with family. The father is also filing for custody but he has to take a DNA test first.

In this article it states after searching through her social media so not sure he accesses it through her account or just looked at the things she has posted .

‘I'm Searching for You': Dad of Mother Who Vanished in South Florida Holding Out Hope

Curtis Cavett, her father, said that after searching through her social media, he believes she met a man through an online dating website and could have been in South Florida to meet him. She had previously been living in Georgia and has family in Alabama.

“It’s on her Facebook

Now, I dont think it was for dating or drugs. MOO.
If she really did meet him on a dating site, he could have lured her there to meet him. I'm not sure why she would have brought her son, though. It doesn't make sense that she would travel with him that far. Maybe she was thinking of moving and was going to stay at a hotel and check out the area. Yet why not tell anyone?

Imo

If she really did meet him on a dating site, he could have lured her there to meet him. I'm not sure why she would have brought her son, though. It doesn't make sense that she would travel with him that far. Maybe she was thinking of moving and was going to stay at a hotel and check out the area. Yet why not tell anyone?

Imo

I'm thinking the same thing, she could have dropped him off with his dad, whatever meeting it was it had to be in a setting where it want awkward to have her son or someone would watch him .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77