Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #9

So...I just watched the Cellmates interview - Donovan and Tracy - this was the first time I had heard there may have been someone else in the house that night - an unnamed male that was traveling with JA. I have to wonder if there's any truth to that? Donovan lied so well for JA in the past that it's hard to believe her now. I may be behind on things in the case but I also had no idea that JA's father committed suicide. Another victim of JA...

I truly do not believe JAs had any help. She's a raging psychopath with full on narcissistic traits.

Imo, she wouldn't want anyone else there. She had planned all of this out carefully beforehand. She delighted in how she massacred Travis right by herself like so many other evil women have done.

I think back to all of the thousands of cases I've followed through the decades, and some of the most sadistic, diabolical, gruesome overkills were done by one lone female suspect who were similiar to JAs demonic evil.

As an aside: it sickened me how the media hyped JAs looks including NG. Honestly, imo, there wasn't anything attractive about JA. Imo, she trapped Travis by offering kinky sex. Imo, that's what attracted Travis to the demon....not her outwardly appearances.

I so wish it would have turned out differently for Travis. He knew he had to getaway from her. He knew she was toxic, and dangerous.

If Travis had lived he would have returned to the type of man he knew he wanted to be, and would have married a good woman.

Imo, Travis was tormented inside. He hated his weakness the she devil targeted, and used against him like so many women have done. Travis fought it because he knew it was wrong so when he tried to get on the right path she made sure he never would.

Travis was like one of the male DV victims who calls 911 almost a million times a year because of DV being perpetrated against them by a female ..except he tried to handle it on his own.

Although even if he had gotten a restraining order against her it wouldn't have stopped JA from murdering Travis. So many DV victims have been murdered that had a RO against the one who wound up killing them. :(

Jmho

I too did not hear that JA's father committed suicide!! When did that happen? Recently?

I remember that he was quite ill during her trial. He died in September 2017.

Obituary:
William “Bill” Angelo Arias, age 68, passed away in his home in Shasta Lake, California, on Sept. 19, 2017.

William “Bill” Angelo Arias, age 68, passed away in his home in Shasta Lake, California, on Sept. 19, 2017. Bill was born in Salinas, California, where he lived for most of his adult life. He moved to Yreka in 1995 and then moved to Shasta Lake in 2015.

Bill is survived by his wife of 38 years, Sandy; his five children, Julie (Eric), Jodi, Carlton (Monique), Angela and Joseph; and lastly, by the loves of his life – his 11 grandchildren.

Bill’s hobbies were riding his Harley and collecting/restoring old cars; his favorite was his 57′ Chevy. He considered himself a true 49ers fan; he was born on July 7 of 1949 (7 x 7 = 49). He accumulated over 300 college credits, including a bachelor’s in nutrition and a master’s in naturopathy.

His family will be having a celebration of life on Nov. 4 in Redding, California. Please contact family for details.

William "Bill" Arias

So...I just watched the Cellmates interview - Donovan and Tracy - this was the first time I had heard there may have been someone else in the house that night - an unnamed male that was traveling with JA. I have to wonder if there's any truth to that? Donovan lied so well for JA in the past that it's hard to believe her now. I may be behind on things in the case but I also had no idea that JA's father committed suicide. Another victim of JA...
Donovan did an interview a few years back from what appears to be a public park. She named Matt McCartney as Jodi's accomplice.

Donovan did an interview a few years back from what appears to be a public park. She named Matt McCartney as Jodi's accomplice.

I don't believe anything Donovan says, and especially if it came from JA. It is ridiculous to think that Matt MC accompanied JA on her trip to TA's house. He certainly didn't show up at her next stop at Ryan Burns. MC might have been involved in trying to help her on TA's *advertiser censored* allegation (as I vaguely recall which is unsubstantiated). Can you picture Matt being there, twiddling his thumbs while JA spent the night and the next day having sex with Travis? Nope-didn't happen. jmo

Oh yes I know that. I’m meaning a book on his own legal troubles and perhaps a slant towards witch-hunt and his agreeing to being disbarred. The irony that both def and pros wound up being disbarred but agreeing to it is astounding. Think of the odds. Then poor det Flores young son dies during the devils trial. She truly is evil.

Very late in hearing the news that JM agreed to the sanction of disbarment.

Nurmi and JM both ended up disbarred, but the similarity of their circumstances ends there.

Nurmi was a mediocre trial attorney at best, at his best. At his worst, post-trial, he violated every professional rule in the book of attorney ethics by writing that insufferable, barely coherent "book" attacking his ex-client, opposing counsel, the trial judge, every one of JM's witnesses, and even some of his own. And, faced with certain disbarment for those violations he himself put on record, he told the Bar he felt no remorse or regret. That's Nurmi.

JM was a first-rate, wildly successful trial attorney over a decades-long career. He accepted disbarment, IMO, because it became clear to him he could no longer win, and the cost (probably of every kind) of defending himself had become too prohibitive.

I read enough of the backstory to all of the complaints against him, and who brought them, to believe what happened to him was anything other than a concerted, coordinated effort to drive him out of practice. What tipped the scales and ensured JM couldn't prevail was AZ Governor Deucy personally seating Montgomery on the Supreme Court.

Everything following that manuever was about politics, including firing JM to protect his ex-boss, the spanking new Justice Montgomery.

The Kieffer-led media coverage of the sexual harassment charges against JM was exaggerated, overblown, and distorted. The reality is, JM did not have a "decades long" history of sexual harassment.

And, he never had the chance to defend himself against the sexual harassment charges levelled by the most unethical "ethics" attorney imaginable, Karen Clark, in round 4 of her unrelenting, throw more charges against him on the Bar wall to see what sticks pursuit of his scalp.

Nor did he have the chance to fight back against being fired without due process, for post-Montgomery era utterly bogus charges of retaliation.

MCAO fired him in part to force him into having to cover his own legal expenses relating to Bar complaints IMO, as well as tens of thousands dollars more to fight his dismissal from MCAO. (MCAO/the State paid out several hundreds of thousands in legal fees on his behalf over these years).

JM didn't capitulate until the Supreme Court ruled against Chief Disciplinary Judge O'Neill, reversing his decision to jettison the MCAO sexual harassment allegations from Clark's Bar complaint. That's called the handwriting on the wall. There was no point in fighting on.

Last. The butcherer doesn't deserve credit or blame for JM being disbarred, imo, no matter how much she no doubt has gloated about the outcome. Had knives not been drawn against JM by those with actual power and influence, Clark's bar complaint paid for by the butcherer would have stayed dead after it was first and rightfully dismissed, over 2 years ago.

She's not going to get a new trial, is never going to be free, and I'm guessing, a few years down the road, will be subjected to hearing about JM getting the last laugh after he chooses what he wants to do next.

I don't believe anything Donovan says, and especially if it came from JA. It is ridiculous to think that Matt MC accompanied JA on her trip to TA's house. He certainly didn't show up at her next stop at Ryan Burns. MC might have been involved in trying to help her on TA's *advertiser censored* allegation (as I vaguely recall which is unsubstantiated). Can you picture Matt being there, twiddling his thumbs while JA spent the night and the next day having sex with Travis? Nope-didn't happen. jmo

Agree 100%, on all counts. :)

I remember that he was quite ill during her trial. He died in September 2017.

Obituary:
William “Bill” Angelo Arias, age 68, passed away in his home in Shasta Lake, California, on Sept. 19, 2017.

William “Bill” Angelo Arias, age 68, passed away in his home in Shasta Lake, California, on Sept. 19, 2017. Bill was born in Salinas, California, where he lived for most of his adult life. He moved to Yreka in 1995 and then moved to Shasta Lake in 2015.

Bill is survived by his wife of 38 years, Sandy; his five children, Julie (Eric), Jodi, Carlton (Monique), Angela and Joseph; and lastly, by the loves of his life – his 11 grandchildren.

Bill’s hobbies were riding his Harley and collecting/restoring old cars; his favorite was his 57′ Chevy. He considered himself a true 49ers fan; he was born on July 7 of 1949 (7 x 7 = 49). He accumulated over 300 college credits, including a bachelor’s in nutrition and a master’s in naturopathy.

His family will be having a celebration of life on Nov. 4 in Redding, California. Please contact family for details.

William "Bill" Arias
Doesn’t sound like suicide.

Very late in hearing the news that JM agreed to the sanction of disbarment.

Nurmi and JM both ended up disbarred, but the similarity of their circumstances ends there.

Nurmi was a mediocre trial attorney at best, at his best. At his worst, post-trial, he violated every professional rule in the book of attorney ethics by writing that insufferable, barely coherent "book" attacking his ex-client, opposing counsel, the trial judge, every one of JM's witnesses, and even some of his own. And, faced with certain disbarment for those violations he himself put on record, he told the Bar he felt no remorse or regret. That's Nurmi.

JM was a first-rate, wildly successful trial attorney over a decades-long career. He accepted disbarment, IMO, because it became clear to him he could no longer win, and the cost (probably of every kind) of defending himself had become too prohibitive.

I read enough of the backstory to all of the complaints against him, and who brought them, to believe what happened to him was anything other than a concerted, coordinated effort to drive him out of practice. What tipped the scales and ensured JM couldn't prevail was AZ Governor Deucy personally seating Montgomery on the Supreme Court.

Everything following that manuever was about politics, including firing JM to protect his ex-boss, the spanking new Justice Montgomery.

The Kieffer-led media coverage of the sexual harassment charges against JM was exaggerated, overblown, and distorted. The reality is, JM did not have a "decades long" history of sexual harassment.

And, he never had the chance to defend himself against the sexual harassment charges levelled by the most unethical "ethics" attorney imaginable, Karen Clark, in round 4 of her unrelenting, throw more charges against him on the Bar wall to see what sticks pursuit of his scalp.

Nor did he have the chance to fight back against being fired without due process, for post-Montgomery era utterly bogus charges of retaliation.

MCAO fired him in part to force him into having to cover his own legal expenses relating to Bar complaints IMO, as well as tens of thousands dollars more to fight his dismissal from MCAO. (MCAO/the State paid out several hundreds of thousands in legal fees on his behalf over these years).

JM didn't capitulate until the Supreme Court ruled against Chief Disciplinary Judge O'Neill, reversing his decision to jettison the MCAO sexual harassment allegations from Clark's Bar complaint. That's called the handwriting on the wall. There was no point in fighting on.

Last. The butcherer doesn't deserve credit or blame for JM being disbarred, imo, no matter how much she no doubt has gloated about the outcome. Had knives not been drawn against JM by those with actual power and influence, Clark's bar complaint paid for by the butcherer would have stayed dead after it was first and rightfully dismissed, over 2 years ago.

She's not going to get a new trial, is never going to be free, and I'm guessing, a few years down the road, will be subjected to hearing about JM getting the last laugh after he chooses what he wants to do next.
Excellent post. The comment about her never going free? I am not so sure. It would never be because she deserves leniency. <modsnip: Politicizing is not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:
How old was Arias when she killed Travis Alexander?

For anyone who remembers author and TV guest on true crime shows:

Shanna Hogan, author of Picture Perfect (about JA)

Journalist Shanna Hogan fights for life after near-drowning in Phoenix

New York Times bestselling author and journalist Shanna Hogan is in critical condition after a near-drowning incident on Thursday.

“Our beloved wife, mother, true-crime author, former Valley reporter and friend Shanna Hogan is fighting for her life in an area hospital after a tragic fall and near drowning on Thursday," Hogan's family said in a statement sent Monday from Christia Gibbons.

For anyone who remembers author and TV guest on true crime shows:

Shanna Hogan, author of Picture Perfect (about JA)

Journalist Shanna Hogan fights for life after near-drowning in Phoenix

New York Times bestselling author and journalist Shanna Hogan is in critical condition after a near-drowning incident on Thursday.

“Our beloved wife, mother, true-crime author, former Valley reporter and friend Shanna Hogan is fighting for her life in an area hospital after a tragic fall and near drowning on Thursday," Hogan's family said in a statement sent Monday from Christia Gibbons.
Sad to say but she has passed.

Very sad!
Matt LaRussa is
sgooXhYdZL8.png
feeling sad with Shanna Hogan.

18 hrs ·
Hello all our friends and family. I have been at the hospital for a while today. Today has been the hardest day of my life. We officially have lost my best friend and beautiful wife and mother. She was declared brain dead at 8:32 am. She is and always will be my favorite person on the planet. I know she has touched many souls in this world and will be missed. I am very crushed and deviated and cannot believe she is gone. She will be missed more than anything in the world.

He was ill with health problems, wasn’t he undergoing cancer treatment? Maybe I’m misremembering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back