Patsy's 1996 Christmas letter

icedtea4me

Former Member
Reaction score
1996christmasnewsletter.htm

John is always on the go travelling hither and yon. Access recently celebrated its one billion $$ mark in sales, so he's pretty happy!

We're not pretty happy? She isn't happy, too?

He and his crew were underway in the Port Huron to Mackinac Island yacht race in July, but had to pull out mid way due to lack of wind. (Can you believe that?) But, his real love is the new 'old looking' boat, Grand Season, which he spent months designing.

Miss America has no wind left in her sails.
John's real love is made to look older than what she really is.

I spend most of my 'free time' working in the school and doing volunteer work. The Charlevoix house was on the home tour in July and will likely appear in one of the Better Homes & Gardens publications in 1997. On a recent trip to NYC, my friend and I appeared amid the throng of fans on the TODAY show. Al Roker & Bryant actually talked to us and we were on camera for a few fleeting moments!

We'll be in magazines and on tv.

We are all enjoying continued good health and look forward to seeing you in 1997! One final note ... thank you to all my 'friends' and my dear husband for surprising me with the biggest, most outrageous 40th birthday bash I've ever had! We'll be spending my actual birthday on the Disney Big Red Boat over the new year!

Rage - birthday (Christmas) - bash

1996christmasnewsletter.htm

John is always on the go travelling hither and yon. Access recently celebrated its one billion $$ mark in sales, so he's pretty happy!

We're not pretty happy? She isn't happy, too?

He and his crew were underway in the Port Huron to Mackinac Island yacht race in July, but had to pull out mid way due to lack of wind. (Can you believe that?) But, his real love is the new 'old looking' boat, Grand Season, which he spent months designing.

Miss America has no wind left in her sails.
John's real love is made to look older than what she really is.

I spend most of my 'free time' working in the school and doing volunteer work. The Charlevoix house was on the home tour in July and will likely appear in one of the Better Homes & Gardens publications in 1997. On a recent trip to NYC, my friend and I appeared amid the throng of fans on the TODAY show. Al Roker & Bryant actually talked to us and we were on camera for a few fleeting moments!

We'll be in magazines and on tv.

We are all enjoying continued good health and look forward to seeing you in 1997! One final note ... thank y
ou to all my 'friends' and my dear husband for surprising me with the biggest, most outrageous 40th birthday bash I've ever had! We'll be spending my actual birthday on the Disney Big Red Boat over the new year!

Rage - birthday (Christmas) - bash

Patsy writes mid way. Interesting. NYT manual of style says it should be one word unless mid is in front of a proper noun or a number.

The ransom note has a couple of oddities like un harmed and out smart.

That being said, midway doesn't feel quite right to me there either. I'd probably go with halfway.

And not one word about their children. I wonder why?

JonBenet was on her way to the top of the beauty pageants,and Patsy was proud of that. Nedra wanted her to follow Pasty, Pam and Paula's footsteps. JonBenet was to be their Ms. America. All those trophies and not a word.

I can't really think of anything for Burke, and that's a shame for him to be a third wheel.

Patsy writes mid way. Interesting. NYT manual of style says it should be one word unless mid is in front of a proper noun or a number.

The ransom note has a couple of oddities like un harmed and out smart.

That being said, midway doesn't feel quite right to me there either. I'd probably go with halfway.

Dr Hodges states in his book that un harmed doesn't hang together, so the writer is conveying that JonBenet has already been harmed.

And not one word about their children. I wonder why?

JonBenet was on her way to the top of the beauty pageants,and Patsy was proud of that. Nedra wanted her to follow Pasty, Pam and Paula's footsteps. JonBenet was to be their Ms. America. All those trophies and not a word.

I can't really think of anything for Burke, and that's a shame for him to be a third wheel.

There were things written about the children.

One of his less outlandish claims.

The theory he put forth in his books based on the Ramseys' history and communications is the only one I've held fast to for twenty straight years.

The theory he put forth in his books based on the Ramseys' history and communications is the only one I've held fast to for twenty straight years.
I keep the book as an object lesson in how not to think.

You're only capable of thinking concretely? That's sad.

I'd just say I'm capable of thinking. Here's a typical example of how Andrew G. Hodges thinks, referring to (and misquoting from) Patsy's 1995 Christmas letter:

"'Burke is busy in 3rd Grade at a new school High Peaks....' Third grade again suggests a threesome...."

One could take random imagined associations and "prove" anyone guilty of anything. I could do it to you, for instance.

I'm done discussing this idiotic book.

I'd just say I'm capable of thinking. Here's a typical example of how Andrew G. Hodges thinks, referring to (and misquoting from) Patsy's 1995 Christmas letter:

"'Burke is busy in 3rd Grade at a new school High Peaks....' Third grade again suggests a threesome...."

One could take random imagined associations and "prove" anyone guilty of anything. I could do it to you, for instance.

I'm done discussing this idiotic book.

Did anyone force you to respond to this thread, yes or no?

Did anyone force you to respond to this thread, yes or no?

I just felt like it.

Does being in third grade have anything to do with threesomes? Yes or no? Is being in 3rd grade at High Peaks school a "striking sexual image"?

Just kidding. Only Andrew Hodges would think like that.

I just felt like it.

Does being in third grade have anything to do with threesomes? Yes or no? Is being in 3rd grade at High Peaks school a "striking sexual image"?

Just kidding. Only Andrew Hodges would think like that.

I see you have no criticism regarding John's real love being made to look older than she really was nor have you any re Miss America being dead in the water.

I see you have no criticism regarding John's real love being made to look older than she really was nor have you any re Miss America being dead in the water.

I have no comment on that. It's not agreement--or disagreement.

I was interested to notice mid way for the first time. It's unusual. So thanks for that.

thank you to all my 'friends' and my dear husband for surprising me with the biggest, most outrageous 40th birthday bash I've ever had!

things that make you go hhhhm, exactly how many outrageous 40th birthday bashes has she had??? If this is the best one she's ever had, there must have been others.

JMHO YMMV LRR

After the exchange above, I researched Andrew G. Hodges a bit. I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised to see he has quite a cottage industry going. One of the book reviews mentioned Hodges' sinister interpretation of Amanda Knox typing "ohone" instead of "phone." Typing "o" instead of "p" on my cell is something I do a lot. What have I been up to, I wondered.

From As Done Unto You by Andrew G. Hodges: "Indeed she delivers in another of her magnificent slips, 'gave them ohone numbers and explained a bit in broken Italian.' 'Ohone' suggests 'oh one'--'oh, I'm the one.' Her super intelligence confesses her guilt as bluntly as it can be articulated...."

This particular typo has a lot of work to do: "'oh hone'--[means] that her super intel hones [sic] in on her guilt. She has in fact shown us who she is for killing her roommate--an 'o'--a big zero." And somehow it's also "oh home" meaning Amanda is confessing to being the one in the home that night.

I shudder to think what it means when Obama types "o" instead of "p." But since he's a secret Muslim who is trying to destroy America, it's bound to be pretty bad. On the other hand, I suspect that when Trump types "o" instead of "p" it just means that he has big, manly fingers.

After the exchange above, I researched Andrew G. Hodges a bit. I shouldn't have been, but I was surprised to see he has quite a cottage industry going. One of the book reviews mentioned Hodges' sinister interpretation of Amanda Knox typing "ohone" instead of "phone." Typing "o" instead of "p" on my cell is something I do a lot. What have I been up to, I wondered.

From As Done Unto You by Andrew G. Hodges: "Indeed she delivers in another of her magnificent slips, 'gave them ohone numbers and explained a bit in broken Italian.' 'Ohone' suggests 'oh one'--'oh, I'm the one.' Her super intelligence confesses her guilt as bluntly as it can be articulated...."

This particular typo has a lot of work to do: "'oh hone'--[means] that her super intel hones [sic] in on her guilt. She has in fact shown us who she is for killing her roommate--an 'o'--a big zero." And somehow it's also "oh home" meaning Amanda is confessing to being the one in the home that night.

I shudder to think what it means when Obama types "o" instead of "p." But since he's a secret Muslim who is trying to destroy America, it's bound to be pretty bad. On the other hand, I suspect that when Trump types "o" instead of "p" it just means that he has big, manly fingers.

Flynn knows where all of Obama's "bodies" are buried.

I want to say one more thing about Hodges' assertion that Amanda Knox's typo, ohone, really means 1. "oh I am the one"; 2. "hone in on my guilt"; and 3. "I was the one in the home." It should be obvious to everyone that this is ridiculous and cynical bs on Hodges' part, but it's also sloppy and dumb because Amanda Knox, it seems, would not "hone in on" anything. From Waiting to be Heard: "They tried to get me to contradict myself by homing in on what I'd done hour." When she does use the word "hone," she uses it this way: "As I honed my statement, I decided it would be stronger to speak from my heart."

And Amanda's is the correct way to use these two words according to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage. "Homing in" is derived from the well-known behavior of homing pigeons and later on, pilots homing toward a beacon.

But guess who uses 'hone" incorrectly? Yep. Andrew G. Hodges. From his unintentionally hilarious book, As Done Unto You: "...his super-intel honed in like a bat heading for a cave...." Hodges' interpretation of Knox's typo is really just reading his own (grammatically-incorrect) mind. But we already knew that.

Last edited:
Almost every other sentence has an exclamation point !

And “outrageous birthday bash” does sounds a bit over the top, especially from a 40 y/o woman !
Then again everything about her was superficial and pretentious !

Apologies for all the exclamation points... reminded me of my husbands psycho ex..... just couldn’t help myself ! ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marlenewatches
Back