Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the LDT and Voice Stress test BM was offered and refused to take. If he was really interested in being cleared, and wanted LE to quit wasting time looking at him, why not take it.

Regarding the LDT and Voice Stress test BM was offered and refused to take. If he was really interested in being cleared, and wanted LE to quit wasting time looking at him, why not take it.
Knowing he refused, how does he face his daughters every morning?

I hope his children see right through this 'I'm smarter than LE bull crock....'

And now everybody in Colorado, Indiana, Brazil, and beyond know!!! :cool:

for those that want to read it instead of listen to it:

click the 3 dots in the lower right corner, and select "open transcripts," and you can read the text as it scrolls beside the video.

Lol -- I'm definitely marking the calendar today.

This transcript view is probably not new but I'm scratching my head how I've powered on with 16K+ posts and never knew about this? :eek::eek::oops::eek:

Lauren Scharf[URL='https://twitter.com/LaurenScharfTV']@LaurenScharfTV[/URL]

One of #SuzanneMorphew family members tells me that they are worried Barry, Suzanne’s husband hasn’t told investigators everything he knows. #FindSuzanne #Justice4Suzanne #ShineBrightForSuzanne
zveNOCcY

Suzanne Morphew’s family speaks out; Their thoughts three months after her disappearance | FOX21 News Colorado

9:32 PM · Aug 10, 2020

Maybe, the voice test is that, what he feared, so he had to reject both tests, because otherwise police could have asked for a reason for why the polygraph but not the voice stress test.

Maybe, the voice test is that, what he feared, so he had to reject both tests, because otherwise police could have asked for a reason for why the polygraph but not the voice stress test.
I dunno... when your spouse or child is missing, and you'll do anything to get them back, who doesn't take whatever test is asked of you?

I understand, perhaps, if you're guilty.....

But, even guilty Chris Watts took a polygraph!

Check out the Chaffee County Sheriff Office Facebook page. They spent the better part of the today distributing missing persons flyers... looking for tips.

What do you all make of the CCSO and CBI canvassing the community again for tips all day today?

@TxGidget - I’m fascinated! Flyers (missing person) , canvassing, seeking tips from the community- with the CBI.... I would like to see the flyer - good question!

I dunno... when your spouse or child is missing, and you'll do anything to get them back, who doesn't take whatever test is asked of you?

I understand, perhaps, if you're guilty.....

But, even guilty Chris Watts took a polygraph!
Maybe BM is familiar with the Chris Watts case? Didn't work out well for that evil *******.

Except he's telling TD this story 3 weeks after the fact. He already knows the girls did not come home for Mother's Day. He's not giving an accurate account of "Sunday." IMO, BM is just throwing out little crumbs.
Oh, I thought he meant he knew the girls were running late on Sunday, as if he were recalling the events of that day. He said something like, "that was the plan.," (that they were going to celebrate with her but were running late)

Wow! I’ve just woken up and watched Lauren’s segment. I’m not sure why I’m saying “wow” as it’s hardly surprising to most of us as we already suspected this, but it’s reassuring knowing that the walls are finally closing in!

The fact that we’ve seen quite a bit of movement this week gives me hope that we’ll see movement in another part of the investigation too, i.e. an arrest. I hope I’m right!

I’m not sure he will crack and confess under pressure, but I think this weeks added pressure may lead to some different behaviour and he may start losing it. All MOO.

Tick tock...

I think it's getting very hot in Colorado both literally and figuratively for BM.

The most critical thing I took away from Lauren's segment yesterday was that BM's truck GPS didn't align with where he claimed he was.

As Pink Floyd says, Just another brick in the wall. As MrsWatson adds, the wall around the Colorado State Penitentiary.

MOO

Yep, that's what innocent people do, when asked the first time.
I finished Boy Missing a couple weeks ago.
Right away Desiree, her husband and Kaine Horman go do a polygraph.
(Actually over time they did 2 or 3)
Only person to stall and fight it at first was Terri. Then come to find out she failed 1st one, walked out on 2nd one then failed third one.

I'm not sure where the Morphew driveway is that these two cars were .... can anyone point it out on a photo? The driveway is different to "parked at the house" or "parked by the garage", just curious, where's the driveway?

Maybe BM is familiar with the Chris Watts case? Didn't work out well for that evil *******.
And the flip side of the coin is that the Ramseys took a polygraph test, passed, and if I remember right, that didn't work out too well for them either.
The accuracy rate of a voice stress test is only 50%. What if it shows you are lying but you are not?

I wonder if BM came up behind her and struck a devastating blow to her head while she sat, say in the living room. Maybe he did not realize she was texting at the time. After he hit her he saw the phone and realized she had been in a text conversation. He then tried to finish up the text. The friend realized right away something was off.
Wild guess on my part. I always try to plug in what we learn to a plausible scenario.

This is very possible. My thought process was leaning more towards that BM he is a big game hunter and that he may have got a weapon without registering it. The weapon disappeared just like SM did.

At the beginning of this case, I posted a synopsis of what is going on behind the scenes with a high profile investigation (UK perspective) and my role as the Senior Investigative Officer in charge overall and I thought that it may be useful to post it again here to reassure you all that 3 months isn’t a long time and that I appreciate that we all want to know what happened to SM and for justice to be granted for her but be reassured that there will be action behind the scenes...
With any major enquiry wether that be a murder / Homicide or a missing person , a dedicated team of detectives is set up with a SIO ( senior investigative officer) as the lead .
Certainly in the UK, a policy book is commenced and everything that you know , everything that subsequently happens, every decision taken and every action followed up, is written into the policy book . Every decision made by the SIO and the justification behind such a decision, has to be written into the policy book .
I was responsible for leading a number of murder investigations and Missing persons investigations and I would lead teams of detectives and forensic experts etc
A twice daily briefing would be held where everyone has an input as to what has happened that day , any evidence found , any witnesses spoken to etc and a summary of the day’s investigation would be written up by the SIO.
Each investigation has a strategy and that strategy is followed from the Murder and Major Crime investigations Manual .
So at the start of the investigation, there will be various strategies drawn up to encompass all of the different strands of the Investigation.
They are :
1.Victim - what do we know ?
2. Suspect - Do we have any?
3. Circumstances of last seen
4. Intelligence - What do we know ? What can we find out?
5. Cell phone analysis
6. Forensics - what do we have ? How are they to be prioritised? Submissions to laboratory and cost?
DNA evidence
Fingerprints
7. Search parameters and recovery of evidence to include continuity of retrieval
8. CCtv - What’s available ? How do we prioritise it?
9. Cell Phones - Victims, Suspect’s, Family etc
10. Family History
11. Actions - those raised that need investigation and those that are considered but not deemed to take the investigation further ( but it still all needs recording )
12. Forensic mapping
13. Witnesses
14. Interviews - suspect/s?
15. Exhibits/Property Officer - to record everything brought into the enquiry and the continuity of that evidence
16. File of evidence - Who will create the file of evidence for submission to CPS/DA
17. Warrants - allocated officer to swear all warrants
18. Disclosure - Officer allocated to start a disclosure record ( court process )
19. Family liaison officer - Officer allocate to be the go between for the family and SIO
20. Media strategy - controlled release of information to press
I could go on but I think that you get the drift that any investigation of this type is massive and takes time and has to be that way to get it right so that by the time it gets to the Court process, there’s no room for doubt or for weaknesses in the investigation to allow the accused to get off on a technicality or procedural issue .
Then if there is a suspect you need to start thinking of who will do the suspect interview and the downstream monitoring and alibi checks .
And on top of all that, the biggest and most onerous task besides cell phone evidence retrieval, is CCTV ! And that is a biggie ... it takes Detectives hours upon hours to go through and watch CCTV to enable them to ascertain if there is anything of evidential value on each individual recording and that can be CCTV from the street , from a shop, car park, toll booth , buildings, churches , Public CCTV along a route and individual CCTV in peoples driveways or on their mobile phones etc
You start to get the idea of just how much work is involved in a major investigation and that’s before you go to a judge to swear out warrants and arrest the perpetrator. Once an arrest takes place, you then have interviews and downstream monitoring in real time of the interviews and then liaison with the CPS in UK and DA/attorney general I think maybe in the USA? And then putting the whole file of evidence together and ensuring full disclosure to the defence ... it’s massive workloads and it goes on and on ...
Cell phone data is also massive because of pings of location and subsequent searches and data dumps of all cell phones active within a specific MAST area and tracing who those numbers belong to and ascertain what they were doing in the area. And I can tell you that the evidence from one cell phone alone can run into thousands of pages for my detectives to read through and decipher what, If anything, is relevant to the case . So can you imagine when you have numerous people involved in an investigation, wether it to be rule them in or out or as an alibi or a victim, just how onerous this task is? And it is just one small part of the investigation.

Also the CCTV , people ask why now , 1 month later ? Well you don’t know what evidence that LE already have and if they had nothing else then the individual private residence CCTV would have been done immediately but it is a massive task and takes officers hours and hours to sit and watch every piece of CCTV that comes into the enquiry so it’s now easier to say , keep hold of your own individual residential CCTV and if you think that you have something of importance then let us know immediately otherwise we will get round to looking at it when we can because EVERYTHING has to be prioritised.

In the UK we have HOLMES ( home office Major enquires system ) and everything is entered into the system and looked at by three officers working with admin staff and any actions deemed necessary as a result of those 3 officers painstakingly going through every piece of information, item, cell phone number, cctv , search recovery evidence etc and allocating actions ( work ) to officers to compete before they are given another action . And some officers are individually given specific roles for example CCTV, Cell phones, Intelligence, Statement takers , Family liaison .

So this gives you an idea of just what is going on behind the scenes .
And the information released has to be protected and provenanced to ensure accuracy and the SIO doesn’t want information released unless absolutely necessary because the perpetrator may slip up and say something that hasn’t yet been released to the public and that then becomes dynamite to the investigation.
I hope this helps you all to understand the process , procedures and time for any major investigation to bear fruit .

Regarding technology- People do not realise just how much electronic tracking there is in our everyday lives and the footprint that we leave . Let’s take for example the obvious ones like public CCTV and residential / business CCTV and street CCTV , shop and bank and fuel CCTV, road surveillance CCTV to monitor traffic flow and speed camera CCTV etc The list is endless! Then there are tracking devices on the car if there is one , then there is the cell phone and text message/social media footprints alongside Pings
But - there are some footprints that we either don’t think about or are not aware of for example I own a luxury ( ish ) brand of car and I don’t have a key , I have a black plastic fob that I carry around which activates the car but without inserting it anywhere within my car console. Now when my car has a problem and I go to the dealership, this fob is inserted into their computer and it tell you every journey I have made and the status of the car throughout that journey, if the fuels low , if the seatbelt warning is activated, if any warning lights come on , if tyre pressure is low etc
I was gobsmacked just how much information that could be obtained and to be quite honest, I am a law abiding citizen but it scared even me , just how much we are being monitored. Then there is ANPR both mobile and static and lets not forget that it’s not only your cell phone that can be pinged and calls traced but LE can go to any mast and triangulate all mobile cell phones that ping off a particular mast at a given time and they can cross reference the data from this to any of the contacts in your phone and see if there are any patterns . So just from this you can start to see how many avenues are open for LE to look at. And then we have instagram and Facebook and WhatsApp and snapchat and Twitter and email and fit bits and apple watches and you start to get my drift .....
Edited to add: We have family Life 360 so that we can see where our children are and vice versa and my DH decided to turn his location permissions off
BUT although it does not now tell me his location in words, it does show him driving down the various roads and highways when he’s out and about. So another form of surveillance and if somebody was going to commit a heinous crime, they cannot possibly erase all their electronic footprints

Then we have Amazon Alexa and Smart devices ...
The list is endless so 3 months at this point in and like @OldCop points out above, I’m not worried either. All MOO
Thank you I was just thinking of this post And was going to hunt for it !

"the family member also says the data collected from his truck didn’t match up with what he told investigators"
I'm going to assume that LE has divulged this info to the family. Major RED FLAG.
I really, really hope this will come to an arrest soon.
I believe that where there’s smoke there’s fire, but does anyone with experience in these types of things believe that it was LE who openly told the family that BM’s truck data is not lining up with what he told investigators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge