Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the Daily Mail

True Death Toll Of Coronavirus In New York Nursing Homes Could Be Double The Official Figure Of 6,600 Fatalities

"New York's coronavirus death toll in nursing homes - already among the highest in the nation - could actually be a significant undercount, a new analysis finds.

Unlike every other state, the Empire State only counts residents who died on nursing home property and not those who were transported to hospitals and died there, according to the Associated Press.

That statistic could add thousands to New York's official care home death toll of a little more than 6,600, potentially even making the count twice as high.

So far the administration of Democratic Gov Andrew Cuomo has refused to divulge the number, leading to speculation the state is manipulating the figures to make it appear it is doing a better than other states and to make a tragic situation less dire.

It comes as Cuomo shot down the possibility of an independent investigation into the state's nursing home coronavirus deaths on Monday."

No coronavirus vaccine exists yet, but Australia is getting ready to make it

Documents reveal the Federal Government's plans for a massive roll-out of a vaccine to protect Australians against COVID-19, even before a successful inoculation has been discovered anywhere in the world.

"The Commonwealth of Australia … is working to seek early access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines and treatments as soon as they are available," an official 'Request for Information' (RFI) document said.

COVID-19 vaccine preparations begin, well before discovery

No coronavirus vaccine exists yet, but Australia is getting ready to make it

Documents reveal the Federal Government's plans for a massive roll-out of a vaccine to protect Australians against COVID-19, even before a successful inoculation has been discovered anywhere in the world.

"The Commonwealth of Australia … is working to seek early access to and delivery of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines and treatments as soon as they are available," an official 'Request for Information' (RFI) document said.

COVID-19 vaccine preparations begin, well before discovery

I saw yesterday that we are 'working closely' with the Oxford vaccine developers. I think it is for us to mass produce the vaccine, glass receptacles, and other vaccine needs.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/subscr...7b3bcfdc37429c&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

I was at our Hospital last week for some imaging. Screened coming in and had to fill out a questionnaire. It listed all the usual Covid symptoms but one really stood out to me. It asked-have you had a fall for no apparent reason. Perhaps that might be associated with brain fog???
Could be. Might also have something to do with low oxygen levels causing lightheadedness/dizzyness. I recall that some patients don't realize their blood oxygen % is low until it is tested in hospital. Imo

Today i had my yearly physical exam: i have to say doing some of the things required made me uncomfortable. First they take your temperature by running the thermometer across your forehead: why don't they have no touch thermometer? they take your blood pressure and make you stand on the scale---- then i had to change into a gown which i hated doing--- but i did it since if you want a thorough exam you need to take your clothes off--- anyway i came home and threw my clothes off -- just letting them sit around for awhile- i can't throw the skort in the washer though i could wash the top-- I am not really sure how high risk this situation is but i would think they could lower the risk by changing some aspects of the physical.

Yes, and we really didn't need to try it first in order to learn what would happen. This was completely predictable.

The US leadership has many, many, many examples if they chose to look outside their borders for what has occurred elsewhere. How the children and their families are being protected, be it through other's trial and error.

Other countries are not any different. We all want our children to get ahead, not be in difficult home situations all day, have food to eat, etc etc. We also want them to remain healthy - mentally and physically - and not have them lose loved family members prematurely through passing the virus to them.

If it didn't start from human interaction, what could be the source? Such a mystery. I hope they find the source is something that can be controlled.

We have at least one outbreak in NSW that they cannot (yet) find the source. The school outbreak that I posted about yesterday. They know where the students caught the virus (on retreat), but they don't know what/who it was caught from.

If it didn't start from human interaction, what could be the source? Such a mystery. I hope they find the source is something that can be controlled.
But we don't know how many asymptomatic cases there are out there and have always been, passing it to each other until it finds a host who will have symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans