FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered if that was a reason to not release him to the family, to keep him safe as he could be a witness even if he doesn't appear to be communicating coherently about this right now.
I thought about this, but how effective can a 2 year old be at communicating what he saw? I guess it's possible, but I don't know.

Self-proclaimed witch doctor arrested in case of missing Alabama mom

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A self-proclaimed witch doctor has been arrested in connection to the case of the missing mom from Alabama.

U.S. Marshals arrested Shannon Ryan, who claimed he was the last person who saw Leila Cavett, on Saturday.

Ryan, who is also from Alabama and a teacher of witchcraft, according to his Facebook page, posted a video talking about how he was in the center of the missing mom case.

Ryan has been charged with two counts of lying to a federal officer.

The FBI has not responded to 7News’ request for comment on the case.

FGU6CJELAJGJPDTMHQOBEIZHHE.JPG

A map released by the FBI shows all the cellphone tower pings linked to Leila Cavett's cellphone on the afternoon and evening of July 25.

The question remains, after a full day of seeing the sites in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, July 25, 2020; and Kam being found at 8:22a.m. Sunday, July 26 in Miramar. What happened to Leila?

I wonder if the FBI has more cell phone tower pings? I wonder the times SR is on and off CCTV at Walmart and RaceTrac? I wonder if the local Hollywood —maybe Pembroke Pines— hospital has info about SR’s visits to CL?

The Timeline is crucial.

Added: Another consideration on July 25, did she have her phone or did someone else have it?

Last edited:
Self-proclaimed witch doctor arrested in case of missing Alabama mom

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WSVN) - A self-proclaimed witch doctor has been arrested in connection to the case of the missing mom from Alabama.

U.S. Marshals arrested Shannon Ryan, who claimed he was the last person who saw Leila Cavett, on Saturday.

Ryan, who is also from Alabama and a teacher of witchcraft, according to his Facebook page, posted a video talking about how he was in the center of the missing mom case.

Ryan has been charged with two counts of lying to a federal officer.

The FBI has not responded to 7News’ request for comment on the case.

“Then, Ryan said they spent the day eating out and at the beach. He said they returned to the same gas station, and that’s when she was last seen,” WSVN reports.

This statement ^^^^^by SR lines up with cellphone tower pings.

Did Leila leave RaceTrac with men in a black car as SR suggests? Could the black car statement be the lie to Federal officials?

Did SR go to the Everglades, as he stated he had plans to do, if so when?

Last edited:
Its not surprising that he is being charged with lying to FBI. His version of events was hinky. For someone that spent 15 yrs in jail/prison he surely should have known they would get to the truth.
I would suggest he's a serial liar. He's probably gotten away with lying more often than not so it's worth it to him. Plus he seems out of his mind so his perception is twisted. He's not legally out of his mind tho.
jmo

“Then, Ryan said they spent the day eating out and at the beach. He said they returned to the same gas station, and that’s when she was last seen,” WSVN reports.

This statement ^^^^^by SR lines up with cellphone tower pings.

Did Leila leave RaceTrac with men in a black car as SR suggests? Could the black car statement be the lie to Federal officials?

Did SR go to the Everglades, as he stated he had plans to do, if so when?

Oh, the black car...any other color wouldn't sound as mysterious...MOO

One thought I had about if SR knew Leila in Alabama. The FBI I am sure asked her family, who is from Alabama if they knew this to be true. If the family didn't know, they could have questioned others in Alabama. The FBI probably has the resources and connections in other states to do that.

I feel sorry for the LE that have to deal with him and question him. Can you imagine?

I hope this results in finding Leila. I can't decide if he really had concern for her, or if he was preying on her, or what their relationship even was.

MOO

I'm sure they can handle it. They have no doubt seen people like him before. He thinks he's smarter than everyone else and that will help in his downfall. I am looking forward to all the analyses of him - like Dateline. I am sure he will be on future ID channel shows.

<modsnip: Discussing social media of non POI/suspect is not allowed.>

Last edited by a moderator:
The question remains, after a full day of seeing the sites in Ft. Lauderdale on Saturday, July 25, 2020; and Kam being found at 8:22a.m. Sunday, July 26 in Miramar. What happened to Leila?

I wonder if the FBI has more cell phone tower pings? I wonder the times SR is on and off CCTV at Walmart and RaceTrac? I wonder if the local Hollywood —maybe Pembroke Pines— hospital has info about SR’s visits to CL?

The Timeline is crucial.

Added: Another consideration on July 25, did she have her phone or did someone else have it?

This map doesn't appear to include The Everglades, not that there couldn't have been travel there without the phone. Just seems to confirm that Leila never went there while still actively using her phone. Seems to match up with SR's story of events, eating and going to the beach.

I've seen a lot of questions about why they released the picture of the light colored Lexus, when they know who's car it is. Since they said come forward with any little bit of info you may not think is important, I think they want to know where the car had been. Particularly after the 10:30 time frame, was the car seen in the parking lot where Kam was dropped off. Did they see who let the boy out into the parking lot? Did they see who was driving? Did they see who all was in the car? Was Leila seen in the car in that area, where her son was dropped off after 10:30 PM? Was the car seen at all in the vicinity of those apartments after 10:30 PM?

What a crazy coincidence if they did NOT have connections in Alabama. He said they met in Muscle Schoals.
  1. When Leila was part of a civil trial in Nov. 2019 her contact address was Muscle Schoals, according to Walker County court records.
  2. The arresting county for SR’s last burglary 3 charge was Jefferson County.
  3. Both in Alabama about 2 hours driving time between them.
It makes sense to me that they did in fact know each other back home. JIMO

RYAN, SHANNON Inmate 00235282: Alabama Prisons (DOC)

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Oh, wow, good find! I remember him saying she was not involved in drugs when she lived with him. Wasn't she charged with possession or something? I wonder how he would not know. He talks about smoking weed and looks really high in his video, himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288