FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your post - he did nothing but assassinate her character from the small amount of video I watched, it made me uncomfortable and totally convinced he has something to do with her continued disappearance, I really hope I am wrong, and am crossing all my fingers and toes that she will be found alive and soon - so little K has his Mam in his life, despite the potential bad choices she may have made, it does appear that she loved him, and love can make us make poor decisions as we see each day through one day at a time - particularly with a dependant. Sadly though, I don't think so. all moo

eta - when I say love, I mean love for a child in this context

Yes! Agreed with all.

Would it not be dangerous for dogs to search a place where there are alligators?
Wondering what kind of bloodhounds were used, those that search for living missing persons or the cadaver type? Hmm, would they employ both types at the same time?
Bloodhound owners offer free help to law enforcement in missing person cases | wthr.com
''INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - The bloodhound's sense of smell is "unsurpassed" by any other breed.
"They're the Cadillac," when it comes to chasing scent, said Mike McPherson of Hancock County Search Dogs.''
"We live in Hancock County and we only use bloodhounds for...it's called 'sense specific trailing' and the only thing they do is look for a live person," Kelly said. "There are people who will use bloodhounds as cadaver dogs, so it really depends on what you train them to look for."

''Researchers who tried to quantify the reliability of bloodhounds in identify and trailing the scent of humans in high traffic areas on 48-hour-old trails found they had a success rate of 96% with no false identifications. It's for this reason why what a bloodhound tracks can be admissible in the court of law.''

At this point, it seems like the best that can be hoped for, is that he passed/sold/gave, LC to others (not necessarily male) and she is being held against her will.
Pretty sad really when you actually hope that is what happened. imo.
I really hoped she passed out on drugs, kid slipped out or whatever, got lost, she looked for him in panic, *someone* maybe gave her contaminated drugs, and thus refuses to step forward and that morning, that *someone * told her some crap lies to put her down even more and she somehow went into hiding until figuring out how to find her boy, but LE found him first so she decided to sit this thing out maybe even detox while she's at it, (wishfull thinking) being wayyy too ashamed of it all to show up now...

I really don't like how it casts a shadow over her, but it kind of would be less bad this way for all involved though...
That's just what i've been rooting for....

Eta: i also don't want to claim she's definitely using drugs or anything, even if it was said idk if it's true. Just looking for a least bad possible scenario...

Last edited:
I honestly don't think LE would expect any type of reliable information from one this young. I just hope he didn't physically witness anything that could traumatize him. :(

MOO

Probably not, but a perp might think otherwise and want to harm him... Maybe he's being protected, more than that family is being investigated if they are good enough so to speak, but i've no clue, just a thought.

Probably not, but a perp might think otherwise and want to harm him... Maybe he's being protected, more than that family is being investigated if they are good enough so to speak, but i've no clue, just a thought.
I completely understand wanting to hold out hope for this beautiful, young mother to be found. I usually do myself in missing person's cases, but I just got a bad feeling after watching SR's video act.

I completely understand wanting to hold out hope for this beautiful, young mother to be found. I usually do myself in missing person's cases, but I just got a bad feeling after watching SR's video act.

Yeah, it's really hard to look past that ....
As for the video, I just 'hoped' in a way he was pimping her out as someone said, or as i just wrote out, gave her bad drugs or was running whatever illegal activity that made it impossible for him to talk without incriminating himself or having the real poi's coming after him...

It is still possible he's not the one that harmed her. Or that anybody did, but those threads are getting really fine to hang on to.... Imho.

I had a different view. For me, almost instantly he was casting Leila in a negative light, as a scantily clad, lying, dirty, unhealthy person and super neglectful mother.

Talking about how much he did for her was a way to make himself the hero.

This is typical of abusers. “Look what a loser she was. Look how terrible she was. But now look over here and see how much I did for her!”

It’s a way to both make the victim unimportant and dispensable (as someone said above) and deserving of whatever she got and to make themselves out to be the good guy and thus eliminated as a possible perp.

IMO this person is a fraud and a con. They survive by making people believe them. So it’s not a surprise that some might believe he cared.

That being said, I recall the case of Natalie Bollinger. She had a stalker I found creepy who inserted himself in the case and posted tons of weird videos about the victim and himself. He seemed like a good bet for suspect to me.

But he wasn’t the perp.
I couldn't agree with you more he got to make himself look bad while making her seem less worthy of finding so it was a win win for him and the whole social media posting thing is weird to me. Trying to erase proof you knew a missing women is suspicious

Would it not be dangerous for dogs to search a place where there are alligators?
Wondering what kind of bloodhounds were used, those that search for living missing persons or the cadaver type? Hmm, would they employ both types at the same time?
Bloodhound owners offer free help to law enforcement in missing person cases | wthr.com
''INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - The bloodhound's sense of smell is "unsurpassed" by any other breed.
"They're the Cadillac," when it comes to chasing scent, said Mike McPherson of Hancock County Search Dogs.''
"We live in Hancock County and we only use bloodhounds for...it's called 'sense specific trailing' and the only thing they do is look for a live person," Kelly said. "There are people who will use bloodhounds as cadaver dogs, so it really depends on what you train them to look for."

''Researchers who tried to quantify the reliability of bloodhounds in identify and trailing the scent of humans in high traffic areas on 48-hour-old trails found they had a success rate of 96% with no false identifications. It's for this reason why what a bloodhound tracks can be admissible in the court of law.''
Alligators aren't crocs. They're pretty easy to see and to stay away from.

I can’t imagine what all this baby is dealing with. According to grandma (on dr Phil ) LC was still nursing Cam which is why she never left him in anyone else’s care . So he’s also dealing with being suddenly weaned from what is often a huge comfort thing for toddlers. I’m sure that’s also causing the poor kid anxiety
Omg. This is so heartbreaking for that little boy. I would imagine he's been in shock. We just don't know for how many reasons why yet.
Also, it's not uncommon for some mom's to partially breast feed their kids and have them partially on the bottle.
When is he turning 3? I'm asking because I'm wondering if was in diapers for sleeping but during the day was in trainers. He was found in a soiled diaper so I'm thinking it was from sleeping time.
Hopefully he didn't witness anything harmful done to his mommy. That would be more awful than words can describe.

Yeah. He was completely trying to write his own narrative so he didn't look guilty. Imo, he made things look worse for himself.

SBM All we know is that there was one drug charge and we don't know what the circumstances were. All the rest is hearsay.

What is significant is that her lifestyle and past may have made her vulnerable. A predator can pick up on that quickly and she may have been targeted.

Imo

It depends on who sought who; and we don’t know yet. Leila’s life was a series of moves in the last 2 years; with a distanced relationship with her immediate family prior to this incident. This has been documented by MSM. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Family of Mother Who Vanished in South Florida Confirms Arrest Made in Connection to Disappearance

Family of Mother Who Vanished in South Florida Confirms Arrest Made in Connection to Disappearance

The search for 21-year-old Leila Cavett began on July 26, when her son was found wandering alone barefoot in the parking lot of a Miramar apartment complex.

From the article: “According to Curtis, he was told that Ryan was the last person seen with Cavett at a RaceTrac gas station the night of her disappearance.”

IF true, so much for the “black car” and Leila and Kam riding off into the sunset with them.... (shocking, I know)

I think they should be able to get his phone information to know exactly where he went the last night he was seen with Leila. It's only a matter of time before the rest of the pieces fall into place and I am praying that it ends with Leila being found safe.

A few of us looked at photos/videos and had differing interpretations.

MSM reports, DLW, alleged bio-dad, sent Leila money for a dentist appointment.

From Sun-Sentinel, DLW “said he asked Cavett how the dentist appointment went. He said she told him it could have been better. He said she sent a photo of K to him with a note that said, “He looks just like you.”

Missing mom Leila Cavett: What we know and don’t know about her disappearance

“He said she asked him to wire her $50 on July 23, because she said Kamdyn needed to go to the dentist. West said he wired $60 to the Dawsonville Walmart. From the Walmart, Cavett recorded Kamdyn and shared the video. That video of Kamdyn being pushed in the cart is now circulating widely on social media.”

“Cavett wasn’t known to have money. West, who wired her the $60, now questions if she even took Kamdyn to the dentist with the money, and Cavett’s uncle gave her $40 just days before she and her little boy hopped into an old extended cab Chevrolet truck and pushed their way south from North Georgia.

On July 24, surveillance video put her at a Cracker Barrel in Vero Beach.”
——-
So she got $60 from DW and $40 from her uncle and was in FL the next day.
How did she get the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member