TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dateline uploaded a short video on the case yesterday to their YouTube channel.

I believe this interview with Sergio took place in February shortly after the murder.

I remember seeing a post by Crime Stoppers of Houston posting still shots of this meeting on their FB page with the family and Dateline.

The post was removed or my sleuthing skills are lacking.

This took my search to the actual Crime Stoppers of Houston web page and Crime Stoppers.org.

I found nothing on Elizabeth.

Nothing.Nada.Zip.Zilch....not even the poster, which I know I have seen and is out there.

With the reward being emphasized once again in the current articles, one would think this case warranted a writeup. POST the video! THIS IS/WAS a planned and executed murder.

If someone has the time please verify you also find nothing.

I will be a smidge embarrassed by my lack of sleuthing skills but happy to be corrected.

I checked the Crime Stoppers of Houston website and came up with nothing, unfortunately. I agree the absence of information about EB’s murder is both unfortunate and distressing.

About the warrant that no information has been released about: Could it be one of these two possibilities:

1. The warrant would reveal who is under suspicion, and they don't want that person to know that for many reasons since the investigation is still ongoing.

2. Or - there actually wasn't a warrant. But the announcement could cause the guilty person to do some things to check on or cover his tracks, or contact the person(s) who took part in this murder.

My theory is that they know who did this already and they're going to get the killers even though it may take more time.

About the warrant that no information has been released about: Could it be one of these two possibilities:

1. The warrant would reveal who is under suspicion, and they don't want that person to know that for many reasons since the investigation is still ongoing.

2. Or - there actually wasn't a warrant. But the announcement could cause the guilty person to do some things to check on or cover his tracks, or contact the person(s) who took part in this murder.

My theory is that they know who did this already and they're going to get the killers even though it may take more time.
I hope your theory is correct, such a shocking crime that still makes the hair on my neck stand up when I see that cctv footage.

O, yes. Why even announce it? SEARCH WARRANT.

Why not say a "lead". The more canned response.

I agree to rattle the murdererS, with a capital S at the end. For more than one Suspect, Surveillance, and Strategic.

It made me immediately think: wiretap/surveillance.

It got my attention, correction it got OUR attention.

Someone is sweating bullets in Houston right now besides me. Me due to the unbearable heat.

The latest article also included the detectives' theory that a phone call was made. Theory or now known?

Last edited:
They must have profiled the shooter. It doesn't seem like this person was a professional hitman (please correct me if I'm wrong - I don't know what professionals act like). But comments here got me to thinking - this hitman was over-confident in what seems like a personality trait. First of all, the time of day - people leaving for work; school buses in the area - however people in neighborhoods know exactly what time the bus will go down the street. Especially in that area. Usually the same exact time every day. Also - the sound of a shooting. The risk of a neighbor coming out immediately. And driving back by the house!

I think the shooter is a woman because of the height and the arms. The upper arms are not muscular like a man's. It looks like the arms are bare - but everyone refers to a robe so I don't know.

IMO there are only 2 people involved - the shooter and the person who wanted them to do the shooting. (That's just my own observation; could be wrong.)

The police have not publicly cleared anyone.

The renewed media attention of People Magazine and Dateline could be very significant. It could be that more information has come to light.

I have a whole lot of hope that soon there will be arrests.

Ty for posting again, I too feel like I’ve seen this from a different angle before or maybe it’s just been a long time. (I was able to zoom in so maybe that’s it) I def see a woman with long brown/black hair, seemingly in a white nightgown? Her hair whips around when she turns to run off. The way she stood over her was a woman’s stance to me. She’s a tall(er), what we would call “thick”, or “big boned”, not heavy set woman, IMO.
Are they showing her something? A picture? I forgot how eerie the video is.

Has it ever been verified that she was handed a note? When did she decide to have the garage sale and take that Friday off of work? My mind keeps taking me to the path that this was something Star Wars group related.

Only a select few knew she was off of work that day and having a garage sale.

Also, who’s idea was it to have the garage sale?

I can definitely see a scenario where, if my 2 killers theory is right, they might each try to throw the other under the bus. JMO.
I know a lot of neighborhoods in the Houston area that have a HOA, only allow residents to have a garage sale on certain pre-determined days/weekends. Was this one of them? Or was this a one off?

I don't know but many of the newer ones (like that one) only allow one garage sale per year. This would be likely in this area. I know the general area and those subdivisions can be very strict, just like that commercial, "I see you've met Cynthia!"

Question: if the killer is left-handed, and has motive, how hard would this shooting be to pull off right-handed (to try to mislead the poice investigation)? I don't know about firearms. The way the killer holds the gun, it looks "off"; I think people have mentioned that here and maybe in the Daily Mail comments. It doesn't seem like the way a person would hold a gun with their dominant hand. Hope to hear thoughts from people who have insight into this.

Question: if the killer is left-handed, and has motive, how hard would this shooting be to pull off right-handed (to try to mislead the poice investigation)? I don't know about firearms. The way the killer holds the gun, it looks "off"; I think people have mentioned that here and maybe in the Daily Mail comments. It doesn't seem like the way a person would hold a gun with their dominant hand. Hope to hear thoughts from people who have insight into this.
Personally I don’t think it matters. I’m not in the least bit ambidextrous but quite comfortable with a handgun in either hand. In the Army we actually had to qualify both left and right handed, nobody seemed to have any trouble with it.

My handgun scores aren't that great shooting with my dominant hand, but at that close I certainly wouldn't have a problem with either hand. This person could be an IDPA champ or someone who only shot a half a box of cartridges in prep. At that distance I don't know if I could tell either way. What strikes me more is that the shooter not only didn't hesitate, but they went up to Elizabeth and shot her a 4th time, presumably in the head. LE states that they believe this killer drove by a 2nd time to ensure the kill for a third party. LE knows far more than I do. Yet I wonder if this killer just simply drove by again to verify it for their own verification and not anyone else's. That is, this might have been very personal for the killer.

I agree on thinking that this was likely to be for their own verification. They had driven on the same street already (knowing cameras might be around). The time chosen for this to happen was a time when it was definitely hard to get info on the car.

I have been thinking about where the shooter parks their vehicle. We know there was audio captured from a doorbell camera, so I am wondering if the shooter had knowledge of the camera and made sure to park on the opposite side of the driveway to avoid being seen by the Barraza's camera. It would also explain a disguise, if that's what it is. It has been discussed that maybe the shooter didn't know there was a garage sale and would have gone straight up to the door, but IMO that's not the case. They knew she would be off work and outside. They knew where to park to avoid a camera facing them, just like they knew the ins and outs of the neighborhood....

It could also just be that they parked that way because there was a car parked in the street directly in front of the house. Thoughts? Either way, I hope this case gets solved soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam