Why doesn't anyone think it could've been John.

Swirlz,
You might be right, its a rumor, but I read an article where Patsy was being interviewed and she just dropped it out of the blue that JonBenet was in therapy prior to her death.

I might be conflating this with Burke, but given what we know now, if JonBenet was in therapy, why not Burke?

Some say it was to deal with the consequences of Patsy's cancer, could be?

In Steve Thomas' book there is also reference to BPD detectives phoning therapists and being told "talk to the Parents Attorneys".

UKGuy,
I saw that in reference to ST:ITMI about BR. It makes more sense that they were both seeing a therapist. I have also read that PR never told the kids what was wrong with her. Perhaps Nedra did, but I seriously doubt it.

I am not anywhere near as knowledgeable about the case as a lot of you so have mercy on me but on the night of the homicide, Patsy would have been weak from having undergone chemo. Also, in the CBS series demo, the child who plays Burke is repeatedly striking a skull replica that remains upright and immobile. The actor wails on the faux skull continuously until he gets the desired result and again, the skull replica doesn't topple.

Wouldn't the only adult male who was present in the home be the one most likely to have had the physical strength to have delivered the head blow?
I think any of the three were probably capable of delivering the head blow, but of course JR was the stronger of the three. That aside.... I have never been quite convinced of who actually caused JBRs death, until recently. At this point I lean more toward JR .

I think any of the three were probably capable of delivering the head blow, but of course JR was the stronger of the three. That aside.... I have never been quite convinced of who actually caused JBRs death, until recently. At this point I lean more toward JR .

neesaki,
If JDI, I wonder why would PR cover for him? I’d appreciate thoughts on this.

neesaki,
From a staging perspective, I can see John whacking JonBenet on the head, then Patsy applying the ligature thinking JonBenet is dead?

neesaki,
If JDI, I wonder why would PR cover for him? I’d appreciate thoughts on this.

Rain on my Parade,
Might be Patsy was complicit in some kind of deal with John? LHP in one of her interviews says that Patsy asked her for relationship advice?

If LHP is telling the truth, could be Patsy declined John so he went looking elsewhere?

Patsy has to cover for John unless she can get a legal agreement avoiding prosecution, and we know from the Grand Jury True Bills:

COUNT IV
On or about December 25, and December 26, 1996 in Boulder County, Colorado, Patricia Paugh Ramsey did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey, a child under the age of sixteen.

So you could interpret this as the GJ seeing the case as JDI with Patsy doing the assisting and JR being the person?

Rain on my Parade,
Might be Patsy was complicit in some kind of deal with John? LHP in one of her interviews says that Patsy asked her for relationship advice?

If LHP is telling the truth, could be Patsy declined John so he went looking elsewhere?

Patsy has to cover for John unless she can get a legal agreement avoiding prosecution, and we know from the Grand Jury True Bills:

So you could interpret this as the GJ seeing the case as JDI with Patsy doing the assisting and JR being the person?

UKGuy,
Thanks for your input! I would like to jump forward to 12/26/96: John and Patsy were not supportive of one another. I believe LHP testified to this as well. So, yes I definitely believe JR was having an affair. Once a cheater, always a cheater; as the saying goes.

I’m thinking along the lines of perhaps John was the molester and Patsy caught him. She went to hit John with the flashlight (he saw it coming) jerked out of the way and Patsy struck JonBenét instead.

I also acknowledge the fact that Patsy had to walk on egg shells when it came to John as did the housekeepers. Like JAR and BR; John probably had a short fuse. With that being said, perhaps he laid it out to Patsy you will do as I say or else?

As for the true bills they both were indicted for the same offenses. I read them as both John and Patsy covering for a third person. In your opinion, is this a correct statement?

UKGuy,
Thanks for your input! I would like to jump forward to 12/26/96: John and Patsy were not supportive of one another. I believe LHP testified to this as well. So, yes I definitely believe JR was having an affair. Once a cheater, always a cheater; as the saying goes.

I’m thinking along the lines of perhaps John was the molester and Patsy caught him. She went to hit John with the flashlight (he saw it coming) jerked out of the way and Patsy struck JonBenét instead.

I also acknowledge the fact that Patsy had to walk on egg shells when it came to John as did the housekeepers. Like JAR and BR; John probably had a short fuse. With that being said, perhaps he laid it out to Patsy you will do as I say or else?

As for the true bills they both were indicted for the same offenses. I read them as both John and Patsy covering for a third person. In your opinion, is this a correct statement?

Rain on my Parade,
Your JDI scenario with Patsy whacking JonBenet means Patsy has a good defense case, i.e. accidental death?

There are grounds for a slightly more coherent case involving JDI, because blaming Burke appears illogical given his age and lack of experience in even formulating this type of offense, i.e. Child Abuse.

Whereas some of the circumstantial evidence could point to an adult male involved in an unhealthy relationship with a child.

There is not much point in enumerating it as it could be regarded as cherry picking the evidence?

One red flag or clue is John's requests to Patsy which she disliked intensely, there is no need for detailed prose here, but your imagination and knowledge that John was likely the dominant partner can allow you to fill in the blanks.

Things could have gone as you suggest with Patsy missing John and whacking JonBenet. Burke and JonBenet stealing the pineapple is a variation on this theme, as is JonBenet wetting the bed and being whacked by Patsy directly.

Yes, that is how it appears to me. Although the Counts as they apply to John and Patsy need not be coterminous, or acting in the same time frame, meaning the GJ are not certain who actually killed JonBenet?

Things would be a lot clearer if Burke had reached the age of criminal responsibility, yet even here just consider he might have been hit with the same, exactly worded True Bills that John and Patsy were?

Technically the person could be any one of the Ramsey's or all three as the Counts are similar.

I keep going in between the 3 of them on who caused it. My latest and has had BR in it in some way. Do you care to tell your theory?

I am not anywhere near as knowledgeable about the case as a lot of you so have mercy on me but on the night of the homicide, Patsy would have been weak from having undergone chemo. Also, in the CBS series demo, the child who plays Burke is repeatedly striking a skull replica that remains upright and immobile. The actor wails on the faux skull continuously until he gets the desired result and again, the skull replica doesn't topple.

Wouldn't the only adult male who was present in the home be the one most likely to have had the physical strength to have delivered the head blow?
Unfortunately for you when it comes to kids killed within their family environment 99 times out of 100 the killer is the (so called) mom.
Nobody knows why I guess.

Last edited:
An intriguing JDI theory espoused by some is that JR, after killing JB, wrote the RN and left it for PR to read. He expected her to obey the RN's demands; but, she jumped the gun and made the 911 call instead. According to this theory, JR had hoped to buy himself time with the RN, so that he could remove the body later on. But after the 911 call, everything went wrong. JR then had to arrange JB in the WC during the time he went missing in the house. Then, he pretended to discover JB there.
Just sayin'.

Patsy had completed her chemotherapy years before the murder and was well into remission. This doesn’t mean she was an Olympic athlete at that point, but I did want to clarify that.

I don’t t see how a TV show’s attempt to recreate a deliberate assault on JBR’s head can be a reliable guide in determining how the real blow might have taken place.

Plus, it seems more likely that the strangulation preceded the blow to the head IMO. But, if so, that still doesn't rule out BDI.

Plus, it seems more likely that the strangulation preceded the blow to the head IMO. But, if so, that still doesn't rule out BDI.
Haven't medical personnel agreed that the head blow came first? One idea is that whoever killed her thought she was dead from the head blow and staged the other to cover.

No. There is no agreement about whether the blow to the head came firstly or secondly. The only certainty is that strangulation was the cause of death. Dr Wecht concluded that the blow came secondly, due to the small amount of bleeding in the brain.

Patsy had completed her chemotherapy years before the murder and was well into remission. <snip>

She was only at the halfway point, so she was far from being in the clear. She still had to be scanned and pray that no cancer cells would be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back