The British Royal Family #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich people have rich friends.

I imagine lots of us have been able to stay with friends in their three bedroom home or borrow a car if ours is broken. My friends din’t have mansions.

I don’t see anything unusual about this. They live with a different scale

I agree @human. I’m sure we’ve all been treated by friends on a small scale. My friends don’t have mansions and airplanes either. And another thing about H and M is that they are high profile celebrities, whether they want to be or not, and that involves risk. So some of the things their friends have done for them involve keeping them safe. I’m not at all envious.

I had to laugh at the lengths the author of that article took to calculate what their friends may have spent on them. The article was clearly a hit job. I don’t think we do that here on the thread anymore. JMO

Rich people have rich friends.

I imagine lots of us have been able to stay with friends in their three bedroom home or borrow a car if ours is broken. My friends din’t have mansions.

I don’t see anything unusual about this. They live with a different scale

https://www.royal.uk/sites/default/files/media-packs/gifts_policy_2003.pdf

The fundamental principle governing the acceptance of gifts by Members of The Royal Family is that no gifts, including hospitality or services, should be accepted which would, or might appear to, place the Member of The Royal Family under any obligation to the donor. In this regard, before accepting any gift, careful consideration should always be given, wherever practicable, to the donor, the reason for and occasion of the gift and the nature of the gift itself. Equally, before declining the offer of a gift, careful consideration should be given to any offence that might be caused by such action.

In all cases, and particularly on official overseas trips, organisations and individuals should be discouraged from offering extravagant gifts, i.e. gifts of high monetary value. Whilst always remaining sensitive to local custom, Households should explore alternative gestures of goodwill during preliminary discussions about engagements.

BBM

The effects of colonization keep on giving, Look at the First Nation in Australia. The Maori un NZ.

I personally know about those. Cannot speak personally about the rest

The Commonwealth is a community of 54 countries, each with a unique history, culture and heritage. The Commonwealth and Commonwealth Trust do "keep on giving" to 2.4 billion people, 60% of whom are under the age of 30. It's not a community of nations that is deserving of any kind of criticism under any circumstances.

About | The Queen’s Commonwealth Trust

I am on page 243. It is well written and is all about Harry and Meghan. Why? Because it is a book about them.

Very interesting. I find them very refreshing and thoughtful.

They certainly do not have a life that is easy in lots of ways. Lots of sick people out there.

It is shocking how some friends went for $$$$ to say anything. And Samantha. How could she know anything but she managed some nice paydays

The Queen will not return to Buckingham Palace this year, according to reports

The Queen won't return to Buckingham Palace this year, according to a new report from the Sunday Times. The monarch is currently enjoying her summer break at Balmoral as she does every August and would typically return to Buckingham Palace in the autumn.

However, she is now expected to go back to Windsor Castle at the end of the summer instead. The Queen and Prince Philip left London for Windsor back in March, in order to spend lockdown in their Windsor residence.

Her Majesty is expected to keep that as her home base for the foreseeable future and to commute to London to carry out royal engagements in the future when it is safer.

Glad she is not remaining silent.

from the article

"The Good Place" star Jameela Jamil also stood up for Markle. She wrote how the British royal family should "be more embarrassed” by Prince Andrew’s alleged involvement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein than “an American supporting women voting in her own country, and loosely referencing the importance of general democracy which is being threatened here currently.”

<modsnip: Removed reference to race mentioned in the linked article.>

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad she is not remaining silent.

from the article

"The Good Place" star Jameela Jamil also stood up for Markle. She wrote how the British royal family should "be more embarrassed” by Prince Andrew’s alleged involvement with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein than “an American supporting women voting in her own country, and loosely referencing the importance of general democracy which is being threatened here currently.”

<modsnip: Removed reference to race mentioned in the linked article.>

Regarding Prince Andrew, any thoughts on a 17 year old woman alleging sexual contact with a man while in London? The age of consent in the UK is 16. If something happened, no law was broken.

Who is Jamal? Is this a close friend of Markle who lived in London and spent time with Markle? There's no mention of a "Jamal" in the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding Prince Andrew, any thoughts on a 17 year old woman alleging sexual contact with a man while in London? The age of consent in the UK is 16. If something happened, no law was broken.

Who is Jamal? Is this a close friend of Markle who lived in London and spent time with Markle? There's no mention of a "Jamal" in the book.
Jamal was on a Netflix series- this has made
Her up and coming. She is British in Hollywood.

tumblr_ns9ezvk00D1ucokbzo1_1280.jpg

I saw this picture on Pinterest.
I have no idea what they are doing but, it's great to see Princess Margaret and the Queen Mother having fun.
I can't make out if that's a dutch pot or a casserole dish that the Queen is carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆