Found Deceased IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

New to this site. According to FB group he left his phone and smart watch at home. He was seen last filling up his gas tank with hiking boots on and khakis so he wasn’t running at the park. But why would he leave his smart watch home if he was hiking? He took a 50% pay cut in February..all the officers at united did. He was divorced so he was maintain two households. Then having to lay off a lot of your sales reps...I can’t imagine the stress he was under. They need to search in the river. I don’t know if they have had any divers out there. Just very strange how hush hush it is all been.

He might would leave his watch behind because it can be used to ping your location sometimes. If he left his phone, too, I’d think he doesn’t want to necessarily be found, regardless of what happened to him. I DO hope he walked away and is laying on some peaceful beach overseas, as that would at least mean he’s alive. Very perplexing. JMO, of course.

I assume that you are suggesting maybe a suicide? But why would you get gas if you were planning to commit suicide? This is all such a mystery.
Possibly. At first I thought maybe he was injured but they have done extensive searches in the park which turned up nothing. Leaving both your phone and smart watch at home seems unusual...unless of course he forgot them? Very sad..

Last edited:
A senior executive at United Airlines who has been missing for over two weeks is the subject of an ongoing criminal probe, CrimeOnline has learned.

BREAKING: Missing United Airlines exec Jake Cefolia is subject of criminal probe [EXCLUSIVE]

Interesting. I wonder what the criminal investigation entails? Finally a bit more info to work off of, too. It doesn’t sound like he parked his car in the lot, either (“...not unusual for hikers and explorers to park.”), so I still stand by either he left his car there and someone picked him up, orrr they really need to double check the river & quarries. MOO

A senior executive at United Airlines who has been missing for over two weeks is the subject of an ongoing criminal probe, CrimeOnline has learned.

BREAKING: Missing United Airlines exec Jake Cefolia is subject of criminal probe [EXCLUSIVE]

Is CrimeOnline an approved MSM source? I ask because it is the only place I see this “fact” being reported!
Also, it's weird that the Elmhurst Police Chief Michael Ruth would give this juicy detail to CrimeOnline.com but doesn't seem to have mentioned it to any other reporters (which, to be fair, could be because there just isn't a whole heck of a lot of up-to-the-minute MSM reporting on JC's disappeance). From the link: "Ruth told CrimeOnline that “a criminal investigation was underway” before Cefolia went missing, but said that he could not provide further specifics about the active investigation. Cefolia has not yet been charged with any crimes; nor have authorities issued a warrant for his arrest."

Last edited:
The Find Jake Cefolia Facebook group just deleted the link to the article mentioning the criminal probe as well as information about his house being up for sale. Hiding reported facts from searchers seems counterproductive. This is going to make a great Dateline episode.

I assume that you are suggesting maybe a suicide? But why would you get gas if you were planning to commit suicide? This is all such a mystery.
Possibly. At first I thought maybe he was injured but they have done extensive searches in the park which turned up nothing. Leaving both your phone and smart watch at home seems unusual...unless of course he forgot them? Very sad..

So he disappeared between the time a family member said he was intoxicated Thursday night until the car was found on Saturday. I wonder if he had any contact with colleagues during the work day Friday. No one saw him at the park, just his car, but if not him then who would have parked his car there? I wondered if there had been a possible relationship issue as well besides all the stress and apparently there was.

Old members... please add if I forget something.
Chronologically
Thurs. Aug 6 - Jake arrived home from a trip to
CA. He was seen at home by coworkers and family

Aug 7 - missed corporate event, Seen on video getting gas. Seen on video entering Waterfall Glen
Preserve, reportedly dressed in hiking boots and khaki pants.

Aug 8- family reported him missing. Police searched home.. Car located on street near Bluff Rd entrance to preserve

Aug 10 Private Investigator hired.

Aug 14-15. Large searches of the Preserve,
Including around 100 searchers and search and rescue dogs

News releases on several news stations including GMA. United Airlines releases statement. Story picked up by Travel Media and Publications.

Aug 17- FB Help Find Jake Cefolia

DuPage Co Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve
Police take point on searching. They have conducted many searches including but not limited to canine, drone, boat, all-terrain vehicle, and foot. When their funds became limited this FB group started searches.

Jake took no traceable devices with him,

If you are interested In assisting in searching please check EVENTS on header on this page. Note meeting times and places and sign up.

One more thing...
Important!

PLEASE remain positive and always be considerate of Jakes family when you post. They are dealing with unimaginable grief and concern. They have asked that their privacy be respected.
Let’s find Jake! Thank you.

Old members... please add if I forget something.
Chronologically
Thurs. Aug 6 - Jake arrived home from a trip to
CA. He was seen at home by coworkers and family

Aug 7 - missed corporate event, Seen on video getting gas. Seen on video entering Waterfall Glen
Preserve, reportedly dressed in hiking boots and khaki pants.

Aug 8- family reported him missing. Police searched home.. Car located on street near Bluff Rd entrance to preserve

Aug 10 Private Investigator hired.

Aug 14-15. Large searches of the Preserve,
Including around 100 searchers and search and rescue dogs

News releases on several news stations including GMA. United Airlines releases statement. Story picked up by Travel Media and Publications.

Aug 17- FB Help Find Jake Cefolia

DuPage Co Waterfall Glen Forest Preserve
Police take point on searching. They have conducted many searches including but not limited to canine, drone, boat, all-terrain vehicle, and foot. When their funds became limited this FB group started searches.

Jake took no traceable devices with him,

If you are interested In assisting in searching please check EVENTS on header on this page. Note meeting times and places and sign up.

One more thing...
Important!

PLEASE remain positive and always be considerate of Jakes family when you post. They are dealing with unimaginable grief and concern. They have asked that their privacy be respected.
Let’s find Jake! Thank you.

You need a link for this and we can't bring things over from Facebook. I haven't seen any timeline reported in msm.

I agree with what @Cubby said.

However, members of Jake’s family have recently joined that fb group. So there’s a chance they finally told some of the information we’ve all been wondering to an admin. Group members have also been doing organized searches in the preserve, so there’s a chance they were informed of certain details then.

I think at this point, anything is possible (i.e., voluntary disappearance, robbery, accident, revenge, etc.) . Those are good points you bring up regarding reasons he could have voluntarily disappeared. It's been a stressful year economically for many which also adds weight to the theory that he could have met with foul play. imo. I think your theories are most likely on the right track in explaining his disappearance. I'd prefer not to name the case I suspect could be associated with Jake's disappearance. There's absolutely no evidence in either case to confirm my suspicion. It was just a thought that popped in my mind.

I read the gas station had a photo of him on camera.was that before or after he'd gone missing?

Is CrimeOnline an approved MSM source? I ask because it is the only place I see this “fact” being reported!
Also, it's weird that the Elmhurst Police Chief Michael Ruth would give this juicy detail to CrimeOnline.com but doesn't seem to have mentioned it to any other reporters (which, to be fair, could be because there just isn't a whole heck of a lot of up-to-the-minute MSM reporting on JC's disappeance). From the link: "Ruth told CrimeOnline that “a criminal investigation was underway” before Cefolia went missing, but said that he could not provide further specifics about the active investigation. Cefolia has not yet been charged with any crimes; nor have authorities issued a warrant for his arrest."

Crime Online is a Websleuths approved source.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back