Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? I'm just not finding any missing persons in Highlands Ranch, but I guess this persons remains could have been brought in from almost anywhere.

Should someone here create a new thread for this poor, as of yet, unidentified soul?
Jepsy Amaga Kallungi comes to mind. Has she been found? I think she went missing from CS.

Okay. I can't erase my post but I won't ask questions about TN or BM's family or try to find info on the camping trip anymore, even in the context of BM's possible involvement. Thanks for clarifying. It gets confusing sometimes for me. Still learning.

We can also have discussions of all types in private message groups. You can start one and invite people to join!

I knew about the septic tank. It will desolve bones and all. I just hate thinking about it. It sends chills down my spine. Those run off pools of water at feedlots will do the same thing.

It won't necessarily dissolve bones -one of the bodies I know about that was removed from a septic tank was pretty much "preserved" in the effluent, until it was exposed to air. Bodies will slowly putrify/break down. What makes a body more difficult to find are the various gases that mask those produced as a result of body decomposition.
It's vile to think about, I agree. And there's something about it that makes a murder seem even more vile, if that's possible. It's the most degrading insult to inflict on a body. But it's also important to remember: the murderer crosses that line when they kill someone - burying their victim in sewage is gross - but so is killing someone in the first place.

Is this new info about the bike wheel?

TD to Nancy Grace:
(25:30 minute mark on podcast)

“I can only tell you what I was told by Barry’s own mouth and he actually cut it, cut it short in my video and he was talking about how the bike was found down against the tree at the bottom of the canyon and the wheel was upside down or the wheel was bent or something to that nature..he, he, quickly shifted gears and went in another direction after he realized he probably shouldn’t know that information..err, I don’t know what the situation was but he changed gears..“

Missing mom Suzanne Morphew hubby on secret camera, new evidence revealed

BM did tell YT blogger about the wheel position and then pivoted quickly as he caught himself. I don't remember if he said the wheel was bent but he definitely said it up upright.

I recall TD first asked if the bike was against the tree and that's when BM corrected him and proceeded to insert foot in mouth....MOO

@allyoucantleavebehind - I need to apologize for not adding a disclaimer to my "what if post." For better than 3 months, we assumed BM traveled to DENVER on Mother's Day, allegedly to set up a job for his landscape crew. His crew was expected to arrive in town on Sunday night. We heard this direct from BM's lips (see YT video).

On 8/25, we heard for the very first time from AM, (SM's brother) that BM told him he was setting up a job in Colorado Springs and the job did not appear to be landscape related whatsoever. My post was only to confirm what I heard (i.e., interpretation of the conversation between BM and AM). I don't hold any truth to what BM alleges he did on Sunday.

And tonight-- BM reportedly told Inside Edition that he was allegedly attending a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday!!

Sorry for any inconvenience my post may have caused. :)

I feel very confused! Not because of you but because I haven’t been on here much. Can someone give me the alibi list, like What the source of the story is. What the story is. For each one?

I’m confused.

Let me see if I have it:

1. BM on youtube interview- he went to Denver early Sunday? Mother’s Day? To set up a job and his workers would arrive that night.
2. AM via the PE guys- BM told AM he was going to Colorado Springs on __________ to set up a job that was NOT landscape related.
3. Inside Edition - BM told them he went to a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday.

Didn’t we also have a statement early on that he had been working as a volunteer firefighter that weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday?

BM did tell YT blogger about the wheel position and then pivoted quickly as he caught himself. I don't remember if he said the wheel was bent but he definitely said it up upright.

I recall TD first asked if the bike was against the tree and that's when BM corrected him and proceeded to insert foot in mouth....MOO
Good point. ^^^

Was it set upright on purpose ???
Hmm ?

I think that’s just sloppy reporting from Inside Edition, repeating early rumors. I don’t think IE spoke to Barry themselves, they’re just rehashing other people’s stuff and being loose about it.

As much as I want Barry to make mistakes and alter his story, I think Inside Edition pulled an ID Discovery there, and got some of the details wrong.

I don’t believe they spoke to Barry, and they mixed old information in with the new stuff from Suzanne’s brother.

@Ninja Bunny jinx.

Ahh. That makes sense!

I feel very confused! Not because of you but because I haven’t been on here much. Can someone give me the alibi list, like What the source of the story is. What the story is. For each one?

I’m confused.

Let me see if I have it:

1. BM on youtube interview- he went to Denver early Sunday? Mother’s Day? To set up a job and his workers would arrive that night.
2. AM via the PE guys- BM told AM he was going to Colorado Springs on __________ to set up a job that was NOT landscape related.
3. Inside Edition - BM told them he went to a volunteer firefighters convention on Sunday.

Didn’t we also have a statement early on that he had been working as a volunteer firefighter that weekend? Either Saturday or Sunday?

The firefighter training on Sunday was a one-off by Daily Mail. Other reporters contacted the fire chief when DM came out with that-- citing a "relative," and fire chief reported that all training was suspended because of COVID.

You're caught up now!! AM and Inside Edition just happened this week! :)

I do believe, like most, that SM is sadly deceased. I also believe this was not a planned event.

The girls are older, so I’m sure they were used to having time alone in the house. But what happened that weekend (if BM is the bad guy) to cause such an explosive event? First thing comes to mind is an unforgivable lie uncovered. Girls are away and a confrontation happens. Perhaps things are said that normally would have been hushed bedroom fights. So I think the fact that the children were gone plays into this event going down the way it did. Or – this happened to be a time chosen that words were said that were shocking/life changing to the other party.

Where to search, where to search…. I don’t believe she’s on their property.

Consider the normal activity pattern of the bad guy, what does that radius location(s) look like? Also consider if this wasn’t a planned event and this is panic mode. Hopefully LE has good gps or cell data and can map search areas of interest (I think they probably do).

-remote locations that have service roads
-dirt roads
-less traveled open areas – zero in on tree clusters that stand out
-if you’re disposing of a body at night – you want the highest probability of privacy and can work quickly with just a flashlight.
-carrying a body, even for a fit person is not easy. “dead weight” is a thing.
-does the bad guy partake in any illegal poaching? I would be interested in areas such as this as a disposal site as well.

Searches are tough in general but if foul play is suspected, then it’s even more challenging. IMO

What would the bad guy do?

All my opinion.

Good points. My first thought after reading your post and the mountain lion story, is perhaps she was placed in some animal den.

ETA: I believe LE said they searched animal dens, but who knows if they got them all. My other thought would be throwing her off a cliff into a ravine that has no access. JMOO

I disagree. I would NEVER take a polygraph, innocent or no. There is a reason they aren't allowed in court. They are unreliable. I will give him a pass on this one thing. Other things, not so much.

Let me ask you. If your beloved spouse or parent or child went missing and you felt an electric but hollow horror and desperation to find them and LE told you that they’d like to do a polygraph to help rule you out so they can focus where they need to, would you truly say, “Yeah, no thanks. I’m not interested. They’re unreliable and I will be crucified.”?

As an attorney whose partner does criminal defense I’m aware of their limitations, unreliability and ability to incriminate someone. And yet, if it was MY loved one missing that I was desperate to find? I’d break my legs running as fast as I could do get there to do one.

Mark Klaas and John Walsh have repeated that as nauseam. When loved ones refuse it is a massive red flag.

Because it’s not about the law. It’s not about efficacy. Or risk. It’s about human behavior.

What is typical human behavior on the part of an innocent person in such a situation?

Obviously, veering from that doesn’t make a person guilty. (And as an aside, the converse isn’t true, because guilty people quite often agree to take polygraph tests, talk to LE without a lawyer, etc.) But it is a major red flag for law enforcement.

And for me.

Let me ask you. If your beloved spouse or parent or child went missing and you felt an electric but hollow horror and desperation to find them and LE told you that they’d like to do a polygraph to help rule you out so they can focus where they need to, would you truly say, “Yeah, no thanks. I’m not interested. They’re unreliable and I will be crucified.”?

As an attorney whose partner does criminal defense I’m aware of their limitations, unreliability and ability to incriminate someone. And yet, if it was MY loved one missing that I was desperate to find? I’d break my legs running as fast as I could do get there to do one.

Mark Klaas and John Walsh have repeated that as nauseam. When loved ones refuse it is a massive red flag.

Because it’s not about the law. It’s not about efficacy. Or risk. It’s about human behavior.

What is typical human behavior on the part of an innocent person in such a situation?

Obviously, veering from that doesn’t make a person guilty. (And as an aside, the converse isn’t true, because guilty people quite often agree to take polygraph tests, talk to LE without a lawyer, etc.) But it is a major red flag for law enforcement.

And for me.

Because it is just theater. <modsnip: LE bashing not allowed>

Last edited by a moderator:

And for me.

I understand your perspective and I appreciate it. Furthermore, I trust and value your opinions here as a verified attorney. I believe 99.9% that BM is probably guilty. I also understand how the lie detector thing looks. BUT I can also say with 99.9% certainty that if I had a loved one go missing, especially a spouse, I would lawyer up and do as the attorney instructs. Because the truth is, I do not trust LE. At all. I know the statistics, but I also know that there are cases of false confessions, bad policing, etc. I would never put myself in a position to be a victim again, especially in a traumatizing situation.

Because it is just theater. <modsnip: LE bashing not allowed>
Was it theater with Chris Watts, who confessed to murdering his wife and kids after bombing a polygraph?

Accurate or not, these things have been used for decades, and have broken many a case wide open.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Barry is guilty, why would he think it be a good idea to dispose of her body along his travel path? I just don’t get it, but we see it all the time. Perhaps he’ll adopt Scott Peterson’s defense and say the real killers knew where I was and disposed of her along my path to frame me?

In regards to the job, it should be easy to confirm right? Has the hotel verified he was to fix a job and/or did his employees show up the next day?

I can’t help but feel for the daughters. I wonder if they have any doubts about their father?
I have wondered about the daughters, too...

And for me.
Yes. Typical human behavior is to care more about your loved one, than any repercussions (increased scrutiny) from a failed polygraph test.

Stunningly selfish, and that’s at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member