LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

Has anyone done a timeline on this case?
<rsbm>

Sorry I'm just seeing your post now Trackergd. This is the timeline that was done in 2014.

AFAIK, it is the last one that was done.

WS member KENNY FELL is Shane's uncle and has posted in both this and the prior general discussion thread and in the Media thread.

Maybe now that you're closer to retirement, you'll be able to solve Shane's case for us ;)

ETA: Above hyperlink is just to the latest timeline. This is the link to the full Media, Maps & Timeline thread for Shane's case. Shane's uncle Kenny provided information and pics that may be helpful.

Last edited:
Locals and Kenny. What is the crime rate in that area, and in particular, what are the top three criminal activities? Shane most likely would not have walked very far missing one shoe. I am always concerned when an individual goes missing near a body of water. No field sobriety test was administered for alcohol or drugs, so Shane should have been clear headed and not disoriented. Kenny, was Shane left or right handed? Which shoe was in the ditch? What person(s) would Shane most likely have called to come get him if family was not available? I find it odd that LE would have left Shane alone in that area, even if he said a ride was on the way. It's too remote. This is not adding up.

Locals and Kenny. What is the crime rate in that area, and in particular, what are the top three criminal activities? Shane most likely would not have walked very far missing one shoe. I am always concerned when an individual goes missing near a body of water. No field sobriety test was administered for alcohol or drugs, so Shane should have been clear headed and not disoriented. Kenny, was Shane left or right handed? Which shoe was in the ditch? What person(s) would Shane most likely have called to come get him if family was not available? I find it odd that LE would have left Shane alone in that area, even if he said a ride was on the way. It's too remote. This is not adding up.
I'm so excited you're back on here.... i will try to remember to message Kenny tomorrow to come answer questions about Shane, but i can answer the local questions.

So, New Orleans, as a whole, is really dangerous. I say everything in nola is done with big passion, so our food, our music, our celebrations, our joy is just explosive, but so is our brutal crime. But, he wasnt in new orleans, technically. He was across the river on the Westbank. So, its mostly neighborhood, small business or industrial type stuff on the river. Of course, crime doesn't begin and end with barriers, so it would not be unusual for there to be crime anywhere around here, really.

I'm just going to guess, but I hear of drug crime on the Westbank, some murder but not as much as in the city. There's lots of theft and stuff like that. I found crime stats for Jefferson parish (we have parishes, not counties) in june 2011. Another note, Jefferson parish is weird. I live in Jefferson parish. But to get to the Westbank, I would go down the interstate, throigh Orleans Parish, cross the Mississippi River and then go about 10 minutes and be back in Jefferson parish on the Westbank. It would probably take me 30 minutes. So, the parish stats don't just include that district. I will try to find out that particular district. I will attach the photo and link
Jefferson Parish Sheriff, LA - Official Website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200623-225703_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200623-225703_Drive.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
I wanted to post that bc i was nervous I would lose it all. Here is a link of crime from the day shane went missing. 6/9/2011. You can see better what I mean about the parish being split by the river. You can also just focus on the westbank (which is actually the part south of the river- welcome to weird new orleand hahha). I hope thus helps. I will get anything you need to keep you helping here!!! Hahha

Jefferson Parish, LA Daily Crime Blotter - 06/09/2011

Thanks for the link @mpnola. If an actor had committed theft or assault on Shane, they would not have taken him with them. Few actors would bother to drag a body over to the river after a homicide. Those seem to be the prevailing criminal activities. Am I correct that Shane was driving the opposite direction from his home? Any speculation on why? Part of solving this case is understanding why Shane was in that remote location at that time.

So digging into the google earth view of the accident area, some things come to mind. It's remote. Not a lot of traffic from what I can see, except when the shops and business let out. Nowhere to walk to with the exception of the houses near the corner of Marrero and River, Jessie and River. Thinking outside the box, did anyone look to see what barge tugs were tied up at Cooper Consolidated that day? Wondering if one or more crew members could have grabbed Shane, taken him aboard to rob him?

So digging into the google earth view of the accident area, some things come to mind. It's remote. Not a lot of traffic from what I can see, except when the shops and business let out. Nowhere to walk to with the exception of the houses near the corner of Marrero and River, Jessie and River. Thinking outside the box, did anyone look to see what barge tugs were tied up at Cooper Consolidated that day? Wondering if one or more crew members could have grabbed Shane, taken him aboard to rob him?
I messaged Kenny today. My late night posting made me forget by morning hahahah. I think it would be unlikely for the barge workers. I thunj falling in the river is really unlikely, because that's not really how our river is. But there are other options. The neighborhood you mentioned.... not really ruling that out as that seems more likely than to the barge.... keep brain storming,@Trackergd !!!! I can "feel" it that you are going to move tbis case where it needs. Maybe its just wishful thinking, but I feel it

side note.... kenny might know better than me about the barges. Lots of times, certain companies have spots on the river all the time. So it coukd be easy to pinpoint what company loads there

The river was high for a few days but dropped several feet days after Shane's disappearance.The barges was up river from wreck site and down river is a fence line that extends out into the river.There was 2 bodies pulled out the river within 2 weeks of Shane's wreck about a mile down river from wreck site.

@KENNY FELL can you answer any of these questions for him? Thanks for coming by!

The river was high for a few days but dropped several feet days after Shane's disappearance.The barges was up river from wreck site and down river is a fence line that extends out into the river.There was 2 bodies pulled out the river within 2 weeks of Shane's wreck about a mile down river from wreck site.

So good to see you again Kenny.

I think of Shane often. Any news at all about him since you were here last?

Hi All, bumping the question that another person and I had awhile ago (not sure when- lol- have to look back on the thread) about the large grate at the crash site. I'll try and link here, but if you go to streetview at the crash site, you can see a grate with big gaps that is now partially covered by weeds, but seems to have been there when Shane went missing (clicking back to previous years' streetviews- you can even see there may have been another accident circa Dec 2018). Was that ever searched or considered, for instance, if Shane had fallen and lost consciousness? Without being there in person, hard to say whether it is plausible as it seems on Google Maps (it may just drop a couple of feet, or it may be deeper), but curious the group's knowledge here. Thanks.

Hi All, bumping the question that another person and I had awhile ago (not sure when- lol- have to look back on the thread) about the large grate at the crash site. I'll try and link here, but if you go to streetview at the crash site, you can see a grate with big gaps that is now partially covered by weeds, but seems to have been there when Shane went missing (clicking back to previous years' streetviews- you can even see there may have been another accident circa Dec 2018). Was that ever searched or considered, for instance, if Shane had fallen and lost consciousness? Without being there in person, hard to say whether it is plausible as it seems on Google Maps (it may just drop a couple of feet, or it may be deeper), but curious the group's knowledge here. Thanks.

You can find more info about the searches here:

LA - SHANE FELL ** Media, Photos, Maps, Timeline ** NO DISCUSSION**

I did not remember to equusearch was involved!!! Thats real odd that they didn't stick around longer. I will never rest until we find Shane.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back