Resolved MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

here's another interesting video from may 15, possibly connecting 2 other missing cases from the area. (the part about kimberly starts at about 55:00).

There is some confusion in these posts regarding exactly what Michigan counties were involved in this case. The initial/title post indicates Oakland county as the location. Other posts list a variety of road intersections and cities as Kim's last known location or destination.

To be clear, Redford Township and Livonia are both located in Wayne County. Just to the north of the many intersections mentioned is Oakland County (8 mile road is the boundary line). Kim's body was found to the northwest in Livingston County.

While Kim could have been held and eventually murdered in any of those counties, the jurisdiction for investigation of her murder should be the Livingston County Sheriff Department (Howell, Michigan) or the Michigan State Police (probably the Brighton post).

Looking at a map, one sees that a common, connecting thread in this case is Grand River Avenue which runs through all areas mentioned. It is the main roadway between Detroit and Lansing. It parallels a portion of I-96 expressway.

It is very likely that Kim's killer was very familiar with both the Livonia/Farmington Hills area as well as Grand River Avenue and the Kensington Metro Park Area.

Last edited:
I really have no useful info to add to this, but I did grow up in Livingston County. I was in high school when Kimberly was killed. I remember it very well and I was very familiar with the Park and Ride at 96 & Kensingston because when my dad carpooled to work, incidentally, in Redford at Detroit Diesel, that's where they'd meet the van. I have no idea what it looks like now, but then, it was just this Park and Ride with I think a dirt lot and a gas station not too far off. There was just not a lot there. It was pretty rural in the whole area then, and Oak Grove? That was serious boonies. Not a place you would necessarily know about unless you'd been there. Oak Grove is kind of off the beaten path, no freeway very close, north of the town of Howell with really only one main road that got you there. And IIRC, there wasn't anything there, like no town, just a small community with I think farms, state land and a few mom and pop type stores.

For more fun Livingston County trivia, Robert Miles, who was a big shot in the KKK, lived in Cohoctah, right there by Oak Grove.

There was another young woman killed in a parking lot off US 23 in the Fenton area, I think in the parking lot of either the Michigan Horse Auction or a golf club. I'm not sure when that happened, though, it may have been contemporary to these, or much later. I think that was solved, but it was a long time ago, and I'm not sure. @Nina Michigan, maybe you could clarify about that? I do remember it was a young woman in the same general age range, and I think she was killed in her car.

Also, I was the right age when the Oakland County Child Killings were going on, and the right age, and a teen-age girl, when these young ladies were so brutally murdered. I remember lots of new talks from parents about safety, older boys, rides in cars, etc.

There was another young woman killed in a parking lot off US 23 in the Fenton area, I think in the parking lot of either the Michigan Horse Auction or a golf club. I'm not sure when that happened, though, it may have been contemporary to these, or much later. I think that was solved, but it was a long time ago, and I'm not sure. @Nina Michigan, maybe you could clarify about that? I do remember it was a young woman in the same general age range, and I think she was killed in her car.
this doesn't ring a bell with me, so I would guess that it was resolved.

My sister Kimberly Sue Louiselle
She maybe gone but I will never let her be forgotten.

Attachments

• 20161020_132306.jpg
    20161020_132306.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 96382460_1168102306869813_7277527740373270528_n.jpg
    96382460_1168102306869813_7277527740373270528_n.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 219
96382460_1168102306869813_7277527740373270528_n-jpg.262211

Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Missing since 21 March 1982

Leiterman Family Statement.

I'm not sure if I did that right but that's an article that came out today saying the family claims they used contaminated DNA to convict Gary Leiterman
Those Leiterman family members are blithering idiots. "Contaminated" DNA wouldn't lead to a positive test result. There is no doubt whatsoever about Leiterman's guilt except in the minds of his moronic family members.

Leiterman Family Statement.

I'm not sure if I did that right but that's an article that came out today saying the family claims they used contaminated DNA to convict Gary Leiterman

Allegedly, Leiterman collected newspaper clippings about the Michigan murders when he lived in Westland, and had a gun target range in his basement.

He owned the same kind of gun that killed Jane Mixer which he reported stolen in the early 80s. He allegedly drugged and took photos of a 16-year-old girl lying on a bed while she was posed the same way Mixer's body was found.

Going back to this:

Jane Mixer - March 20, 1969
Kimberly Louiselle - March 20/21, 1982
Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982
Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983

Do you see a pattern here? Not to mention that all of these victims were seeking a ride somewhere, and the fact that Brownlee disappeared while hitchhiking in the middle of the same path where Kim disappeared, and to the point where she was found a month later.

I dont think that Leiterman can be ruled out as a suspect.

Last edited:
Allegedly, Leiterman collected newspaper clippings about the Michigan murders when he lived in Westland, and had a gun target range in his basement.

He owned the same kind of gun that killed Jane Mixer which he reported stolen in the early 80s. He allegedly drugged and took photos of a 16-year-old girl lying on a bed while she was posed the same way Mixer's body was found.

Going back to this:

Jane Mixer - March 20, 1969
Kimberly Louiselle - March 20/21, 1982
Kellie Brownlee - May 20, 1982
Christina Castiglione - March 19, 1983

Do you see a pattern here? Not to mention that all of these victims were seeking a ride somewhere, and the fact that Brownlee disappeared while hitchhiking in the middle of the same path where Kim disappeared, and to the point where she was found a month later.

I dont think that Leiterman can be ruled out as a suspect.
I see the pattern.
I know they were looking at Arthur Ream in the disappearance of Kellie Brownlee but....
I wish they still had DNA for Kim. Without that my only hope is for someone to come forward and talk, but even then, we would still need evidence.
I believe they still have DNA for Christina. I wonder if any of the detectives ever thought about checking into it.
With all the dates being a pattern no one has probably thought about it being a possibly because Jane wasn't missing for a period of time and she was shot and strangled if I read that right, plus regardless of the way her body was found they say she wasn't sexually assaulted. I read all of her belonging were placed around he body, a towel was put under her head and her face was covered. All being nothing like Kim or Chrissy.
I will be bringing this up to the detective when I get to Mich and go see her. I'm going to ask them if there is DNA for Chrissy then whats the chance of them running it?
It would be so awesome if something did come of it. I just want this part of my life to be in the past.

• Do you see a pattern here? Not to mention that all of these victims were seeking a ride somewhere, and the fact that Brownlee disappeared while hitchhiking in the middle of the same path where Kim disappeared, and to the point where she was found a month later.

they were not in the middle of the same path. 8 Mile and Merriman where Kim L was last seen is ten miles from where Kellie Marie Brownlee (12 Oaks Mall area) was last seen.

When you stretch the facts it makes it harder to find the truth.

• Do you see a pattern here? Not to mention that all of these victims were seeking a ride somewhere, and the fact that Brownlee disappeared while hitchhiking in the middle of the same path where Kim disappeared, and to the point where she was found a month later.
they were not in the middle of the same path. 8 Mile and Merriman where Kim L was last seen is ten miles from where Kellie Marie Brownlee (12 Oaks Mall area) was last seen.

When you stretch the facts it makes it harder to find the truth.

I wasn't stretching any facts. I made a map, and the red marker shows where Kim was last seen, and the other red marker shows where she was found.

The purple marker in the middle of the path is the 12 Oaks mall where Kelly was last seen. My only confusion is that the DNA from Christina's killer doesn't match Leiterman's, but the fact that they were all abducted on around the same day and the same month is somewhat chilling.

Kelly dissapeared exactly to the day two months after Kim, and that is quite a coincidence when you look at the map.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I wasn't stretching any facts. I made a map, and the red marker shows where Kim was last seen, and the other red marker shows where she was found.

The purple marker in the middle of the path is the 12 Oaks mall where Kelly was last seen. My only confusion is that the DNA from Christina's killer doesn't match Leiterman's, but the fact that they were all abducted on around the same day and the same month is somewhat chilling.

Kelly dissapeared exactly to the day two months after Kim, and that is quite a coincidence when you look at the map.

The map is inaccurate and tilted/distorted. Where Kellie was is to the right and up. She was at 12 Mile and Novi Road and she was headed north. I lived in this area for decades, I've read extensively about these cases, spoken with investigators, and driven these routes.

Keep in mind that a map from 1982 is going to look VERY different than a map today. Many of the roads you assume someone would have taken 38 years ago were rural/dirt/residential and have been modernized over the last 4 decades

The map is inaccurate and tilted/distorted. Where Kellie was is to the right and up. She was at 12 Mile and Novi Road and she was headed north. I lived in this area for decades, I've read extensively about these cases, spoken with investigators, and driven these routes.

Keep in mind that a map from 1982 is going to look VERY different than a map today. Many of the roads you assume someone would have taken 38 years ago were rural/dirt/residential and have been modernized over the last 4 decades

The "map" is actually an overhead satellite photo with some roads highlighted. The "North" arrow is in the top right corner to indicate orientation.

One can see how Michigan roads were generally laid out with a well measured north/south and east/west organization. Only some older roads like Grand River Avenue (parallel to I-66) do not conform to this grid design.

It is true that maps and traffic patterns change somewhat over time, but generally all the roads which existed back in the 1980's would still be there. The biggest change comes when new interstate highways obliterate or overlay older roads.

There is some confusion in these posts regarding exactly what Michigan counties were involved in this case. The initial/title post indicates Oakland county as the location. Other posts list a variety of road intersections and cities as Kim's last known location or destination.

To be clear, Redford Township and Livonia are both located in Wayne County. Just to the north of the many intersections mentioned is Oakland County (8 mile road is the boundary line). Kim's body was found to the northwest in Livingston County.

While Kim could have been held and eventually murdered in any of those counties, the jurisdiction for investigation of her murder should be the Livingston County Sheriff Department (Howell, Michigan) or the Michigan State Police (probably the Brighton post).

Looking at a map, one sees that a common, connecting thread in this case is Grand River Avenue which runs through all areas mentioned. It is the main roadway between Detroit and Lansing. It parallels a portion of I-96 expressway.

It is very likely that Kim's killer was very familiar with both the Livonia/Farmington Hills area as well as Grand River Avenue and the Kensington Metro Park Area.

Michigan State Police, Brighton post is who has Kims case. Detective Hunt is who is in charge her case now.

Flamingo Trailer Park

2020-11-24_21-43-29.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member