Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear me out. This is a theory and ONLY JMOO. I think Kassandra dressed up for his GIRLFRIEND! Anytime you are going to discuss things with an ex boyfriend and his new girl, you do NOT want to give the girl the satisfaction to see you looking a hot mess. I’ve done this a few times. That’s one of the reasons I feel the girlfriend has something to do with this, whether she knew it would go that far or not. ALL ALLEGEDLY, ALL IMO and JMO!

I may be wrong, but IIRC, the states that charge for 2 murders when a woman is pregnant, usually do so only when the woman is very far along, and the child is viable, if it was born at that time.

At least that is how I understood it.
I looked it up. (My apologies if this has already been shared.)

State Laws on Fetal Homicide and Penalty-enhancement for Crimes Against Pregnant Women

Washington Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 9A.32.060 declares that a person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when he or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

Currently, at least 38 states have fetal homicide laws: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. At least 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation/development," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization").

State Laws on Fetal Homicide and Penalty-enhancement for Crimes Against Pregnant Women

Washington Wash. Rev. Code Ann. § 9A.32.060 declares that a person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when he or she intentionally and unlawfully kills an unborn quick child by inflicting any injury upon the mother of such child.

Currently, at least 38 states have fetal homicide laws: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. At least 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation/development," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization").

Thank you! ‘Quick’ sounds disturbingly subjective, unless it has a legal definition as a specific time of gestation.

Disturbing, because it’d be hard to prove, even in cases where it applied.

I had to listen 3 times to make sure what she said. I thought maybe the reporters don't know where he is. She DID say "officials do not know where the man is".
He wasn't being watched? What happened? He slipped away?

Does the gf have a vehicle?

Sure doesn't look good for the guy if indeed he took off.

They’ve been saying for days that her disappearance is being treated as a homicide but haven’t indicated why they believe that. Perhaps I missed it. They haven’t said they found blood or tissue in her car have they? And they were labeling it a homicide before the search warrant was truly carried out.

I suppose it’s evidence they don’t want to reveal but at this point I don’t think anything would be truly surprising.

MOO

I would just be so surprised if KC gave him an ultimatum. She seemed very happy with the single mom route--she wanted to be a mom, not a wife, and there is a big difference IMO.

I'm not sure her mom would have accepted a serious relationship between these two, as one can see from her media statements about him. Speculating here, in response: I wonder if he knew she was pregnant. I wonder if he knew she was going to keep the baby. I wonder if he realized she was actually ecstatic about it and she may have said she wouldn't lie to his girlfriend about the father's identity--she may have said she hoped he would be a part of the baby's life. She may have mentioned an ultrasound and he might have lost it. He might have realized that he could not control her anymore.

She would not be the first pregnant woman who refused to be controlled by the wishes of the baby's father. He would not be the first father to kill her for deciding to keep a baby and be a mother, with or without him, to refuse to live a lie for his convenience. To want the world for her child... MOO.
To be clear, I was referring to his girlfriend when I said she may have given him an ultimatum. If they have a long history together or were committed only to each other, she may have threatened to leave him if he did not cut all ties with KC. The prospect of his having a child with another women could mean that KC would continue to be in his life. IMO

Right, and in Washington it might not apply because KC was in the earlier stages of pregnancy. However, I mentioned earlier that Colorado also did not have charges that apply to the earlier stages but they were still able to charge Chris Watts for the death of his unborn child.

Last edited:
UGh how could they not be watching that guy like really I hope they are atleast now watching his gf . I hope they find kassandra soon and hopefully find this guy before he does something to himself or someone else jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998