Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read all 32 pages. Wow, I wish I could say I was stunned, but this keeps happening.

And think of the huge number of similar cases that do not receive much publicity because the perp is arrested immediately. Or (in some cases) when family and friends either don’t push for answers or ‘hit a wall’ with investigators.

feels like something that was so strong just two days ago seems to be rolling to a stop.
Maybe that’s exactly what they want him to think though!! We’ve seen it before when they fool everyone to fool the POI. Maybe they do have a tail on him and wanna see where he goes if he thinks they’ve let up!
Hopeful
My exact thoughts!

feels like something that was so strong just two days ago seems to be rolling to a stop.
Maybe that’s exactly what they want him to think though!! We’ve seen it before when they fool everyone to fool the POI. Maybe they do have a tail on him and wanna see where he goes if he thinks they’ve let up!
Hopeful

If you watch true crime/detective shows, they say the first 48/72 hours are the most crucial for gathering evidence, witness statements, and getting surveillance footage. After that your looking at contaminated crime scenes, false memories, wiped hard drives, etc. Thats time for a someone to move a body, time for them to clean things out, time for someone to be out of state, etc. Its only a 5 hour drive from Seattle to Idaho or 3 hours to Oregon.

What that means is that leads are either drying up fast or theres things behind the scenes we are not seeing.

She missed the appointment on Wednesday, was last seen Tuesday the 25th. The house was searched Tuesday the first. Thats a full week that shes been missing and that someone has had time to clean things up. I'm not saying the PoI is the right or wrong person. If its the right person, they have had a week to tidy up and dispose of things. If its the wrong person, someone else has had a week to clean things up and move about freely. Tacoma is a town that doesn't sleep. Even at 2 or 3 am there are cars driving down main roads every few minutes depending on the area. Its also a town that will mind its own business unless something is vastly out of place.

At least they were able to recover her car, as it supposedly had keys left in it, and could have been stolen away. This reminds me of the Scott Peterson case, only I think this one will be solved a lot quicker.

He hasn’t been charged with anything, it’s pretty standard for police not to publicly name someone who is under suspicion but hasn’t been charged with anything.
The fact LE used flash bangs to gain access to the house is very telling. He may be well known to the police for prior arrests. Those are normally used if they are expecting armed resistance.

The fact LE used flash bangs to gain access to the house is very telling. He may be well known to the police for prior arrests. Those are normally used if they are expecting armed resistance.
Yes, and didn't the Sheriff say that based on information (weapons?), it was for the their safety and safety for people inside?
Who knows, there could have been a hostage situation, and that Kassanndra was inside.

Yes, and didn't the Sheriff say that based on information (weapons?), it was for the their safety and safety for people inside?
Who knows, there could have been a hostage situation, and that Kassanndra was inside.

Do you think that he's been interviewed by LE prior to the search or do you think it was out of the blue? I have a feeling he's hired an attorney and I wonder what LE's strategy has been. They may have tried to talk to him but he's been advised to not speak with them. Really just wondering what the last few days may have been like.

Do you think that he's been interviewed by LE prior to the search or do you think it was out of the blue? I have a feeling he's hired an attorney and I wonder what LE's strategy has been. They may have tried to talk to him but he's been advised to not speak with them. Really just wondering what the last few days may have been like.
I don't know...can't speculate either way. Though they knew about this guy very early on through Kassanndra's mom and brother.....so maybe they did interview him, or tried to.

If the media publicly names him he can turn around and sue them if he's innocent, that's why the don't do it.

I think that may be true in some cases, but it seems like in this case LE has very specifically asked family and media not to say his name. It's pretty unusual for all the media to be so silent in releasing the name of an official POI. It's definitely unlike other cases I see in local newspapers. This ban on saying his name is coming directly from LE IMO.

bottom line they really need to find her, arresting him at this point wouldn't be a good idea unless their evidence is absolutely overwhelming. im hopeful that LE is actually keeping tabs on him and that he or they slip up and reveal clues to where Kassandra might be. they may also need some time to catch up with the digital (and other) forensics. I think given the timing of the update to a homicide case that they are at least on the right track.
moo!

Listening to NG Podcast and Sheriff says party from this home is a suspect.
Search warrant in hand they flash banged!
Family say ex is not the baby daddy.
The fact she's missing probably says otherwise.

Listen Free to Crime Stories with Nancy Grace on iHeartRadio Podcasts | iHeartRadio

I think that may be true in some cases, but it seems like in this case LE has very specifically asked family and media not to say his name. It's pretty unusual for all the media to be so silent in releasing the name of an official POI. It's definitely unlike other cases I see in local newspapers. This ban on saying his name is coming directly from LE IMO.
I agree that this is unusual. Actually, I believe this is for the protection of the victim/KC's investigation. This person is known to LE. I think he has a long reach. MOO

Last edited:
Ryan Simms[URL='https://twitter.com/RyanKIRO7']@RyanKIRO7[/URL]

#Breaking: authorities say they’re now treating Kassandra Cantrell case as homicide even though no body has been found. They say they are searching the home of Cantrell’s ex-boyfriend, who is believed to have had contact with her recently. Deputies say he IS a person of interest

11:38 AM · Sep 1, 2020·

Ryan Simms@RyanKIRO7

We’re seeing
@FBI
agents in protective gear walk back and forth between the front and back yards. They’re taking pictures and seem to be cataloguing certain things.
@PCSO1
will be giving
@KIRO7Seattle
an update on this situation at around 10:30 this morning

9:38 AM · Sep 1, 2020·

Great view of the residence and FBI searching at the tweet (embedded video).

Ryan Simms@RyanKIRO7

#Breaking:
@FBI
agents just showed up to the
@CityofTacoma
home connected to the disappearance of missing pregnant woman Kassandra Cantrell. This is the same house where
@PCSO1
served a search warrant last night

9:31 AM · Sep 1, 2020

Ryan Simms@RyanKIRO7

Happening this morning:
@PCSO1
is combing through possible evidence at this
@CityofTacoma
home in relation to the disappearance of missing pregnant woman Kassandra Cantrell. Deputies served a search warrant here and have been on scene all night.

5:36 AM · Sep 1, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member