OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It would be interesting to know who was feeding LE and the news media all that information about a "hard core drug addict" (not sure who that was) and minor scuffles the victims had at the derby races.

In retrospect, all the gossip, victim blaming and judgment in the news media about the way the properties looked came very, very close to allowing a family of killers to go free.

JMO, it hindered the investigation for a while. Regardless of how someone keeps house or leaves old cars on their property or even grows some pot in their barn to sell to locals, it never justifies their cold blooded murder.

A teen doesn't deserve to be murdered while hiding behind his bed just because he trash talked someone or got in a scuffle.

A young mother doesn't deserve to be shot multipe times in the face with her 5 day old baby sleeping next to her just because she had two children out of wedlock and got into a violent relationship.

A hard working father and grandfather didn't deserve to be shot nine times while trying to fight off his attackers, just because he grew marijuana in his barn, repaired broken cars in his yard and was helping his cousin shake his addictions.

A young couple in their early 20's didn't deserve to be shot in their sleep while their 6 month old baby screamed between them, crawling in his parents blood for hours before being found just because his dad got in a fight with someone at the demolition derby.

I could go on, but I think you understand the POV of many people who are relieved to see the killers of this family put in jail, where they can't murder any more people.

At least law enforcement and prosecutors eventually looked beyond preconceived notions and finally found the killers.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert, but there seems to be quite a bit more evidence of GW4's involvement, including his purchase of some parts used to make the suppressor.

It's very likely they do have more evidence that hasn't been revealed. To clarify, the statement around caution with the word "never" wasn't pointed at his involvement.

I felt there were a few times the state said someone "never" did something.
If the defense can produce a photo or record that shows that person did do that particular thing at least once, as a juror I would start to question the narrative they are establishing.

In my opinion it's a risky move.

Last edited:
It's very likely they do have more evidence that hasn't been revealed. To clarify, the statement around caution with the word "never" wasn't pointed at his involvement.

If the defense can produce a photo or record that shows that person did do that particular thing at least once, as a juror I would start to question the narrative they are establishing.

jmo it will interesting to see what all the Wagner’s sold and traded off prior to move to Alaska. Jmo I hope the state contacted every buyer. Jmo

You talk about how bad it was for the Rhodens brothers got into a fight over a car race 1 year prior to the murders, I wish we still had the photos of Hanna Mays foot where Jake Broke that girls toes, Jake And George Where Wife Beater’s Plain And Simple.

Oh my I have done something wrong on this post. I was trying to reply but completely messed it up. Sorry.
Jmo completely agree with you Betty, none of them deserved this. One thing I do wonder about did the state mean crj was asleep prior and then hid behind or beside the bed after he heard something? That was a little confusing because they said the other victims didn’t hear due to silencer but reports was he had at least sec to try to hide. And reports of one dropped call coming from the house.
But there again the reports could be wrong, but it did take a while to find him according to lm. I may just be confused on this part.

Last edited:
Does anyone think that FW ran the W's like a Mafia family? Disrespecting a family member could get you killed. Using Mob money for an unapproved purpose could also. I don't think the R's owed the W's money, cause dead men do not pay debts. I suppose that LE has done a complete audit on all the W's finances. It will be interesting to see what all FW had her fingers in. I also do not know much about FW's deceased spouse and what he was involved in prior to his death. Eventually the FW estate will fall into the hands of Bulvine and Hanna's two girls. No excuse for naming the kid Bulvine. None!

Moo

Oh my I have done something wrong on this post.
Jmo completely agree with you Betty, none of them deserved this. One thing I do wonder about did the state mean crj was asleep prior and then hid behind or beside the bed after he heard something? That was a little confusing because they said the other victims didn’t hear due to silencer but reports was he had at least sec to try to hide. And reports of one dropped call coming from the house.
But there again the reports could be wrong, but it did take a while to find him according to lm. I may just be confused on this part.

I didn't hear the part about the dropped call. Was that from the hearing the other day?

CRJr, its still uncertain. AC said something to the effect that all but 2 were asleep when killed. CRJr must have heard something, perhaps the baby crying, perhaps the voices of the killers. There's probably no way of knowing exactly what caused him to awaken or when.

ETA: It's also possible CRJr was awake when they arrived. Maybe he got up to use the restroom, or the new baby crying awakened him earlier and he hadn't fallen back asleep. At 5 days old, the baby would be on a frequent feeding schedule, usually every couple of hours.

Last edited:
I didn't hear the part about the dropped call. Was that from the hearing the other day?

CRJr, its still uncertain. AC said something to the effect that all but 2 were asleep when killed. CRJr must have heard something, perhaps the baby crying, perhaps the voices of the killers. There's probably no way of knowing exactly what caused him to awaken or when..
Hearing the voices of killers makes sense. Thanks

Is it too much to ask what you are referring to? Totally vague, so requires everyone to go back and listen to the whole hearing to see what you are talking about. JMO

Is it too much to ask what you are referring to? Totally vague, so requires everyone to go back and listen to the whole hearing to see what you are talking about. JMO

Sorry to be so vague. I have been uncertain how to approach this without it coming off in an unintended way.

That state shared that Angela threatened to kill Tabby and she hid until she got away and never went back.

If the defense can show pictures of her at Defiance Farms or Flying W in recent years, my opinion is "never" isn't accurate. She would have been comfortable enough to come around and her mom was comfortable enough working for the Wagners.

It's just my opinion and how I would see it. I would start to second guess what are the absolutes and what are exaggerations from the State. The same way I would question them in my mind from the defense.

Last edited:
Sorry to be so vague. I have been uncertain how to approach this without it coming off in an unintended way.

That state shared that Angela threatened to kill Tabby and she hid until she got away and never went back.

If the defense can show pictures of her at Defiance Farms or Flying W in recent years, my opinion is "never" isn't accurate. She would have been comfortable enough to come around and her mom was comfortable enough working for the Wagners.

It's just my opinion and how I would see it. I would start to second guess what are the absolutes and what are exaggerations from the State. The same way I would question them in my mind from the defense.
She never lived there again, doesn't mean she never went back to see her son, which she did.

Last edited:
Charlie never gave up, he made a promise to the families and thank God he kept it. He may have bent, but he never broke. Much respect to him for all the hours he spent on this case, the tears he shed, and the sleepless nights he endured.

Charlie's words to the families:

“We’re done for now. Rejoice. You’ve got justice for now,’” Reader told the families.

But then, mindful of what is ahead, he told them to "be ready for the long road of prosecuting these cases, listening to the awful details and facing the difficult reality of what really happened inside those four rural homes." :(

Arrests in Rhoden case lift weight from Pike County sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member