Found Deceased WA - Kassanndra Cantrell, 33, pregnant, possibly went shopping, Parkland, 25 Aug 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cops will overreact. The house isn't in the best part of Tacoma. If the guy has no criminal record and no run in with the cops in the past, then flash banging could be overkill there.

I saw one article that said the POI is cooperating with the police in the matter.
LE may have known that he was the last person to see her and he hadn't come forward or communicated with her family. They probably didn't know what to expect. Imo

I do vaguely remember at the very beginning, K's mother said she was unsure if her ex was the father/. Am I imagining that?
^^RSBM

Did not imagine -- I heard the same on NG podcast.

I think the home is probably a rental. Many are in that neighborhood -- especially if it's roommates sharing.

I think like most agencies, LE won't release the name until arrest warrant-- even though Pierce County LE said he's a suspect. Seems they are pretty confident he's behind her disappearance.

At first, I thought they were not naming him because LE believed KC was alive, and not releasing his name was for her protection. Today, we know that LE believes KC is dead. MOO

Pregnant Wash. Woman Who Vanished Before Sonogram Is Still Missing, as Police Search Ex's Home

During a press briefing Tuesday, investigators in Washington state characterized the Aug. 25 disappearance of Kassanndra Cantrell as "suspicious," noting the FBI has joined to assist in what is now being handled as a homicide investigation.

Pierce County Sheriff's Department Detective Ed Troyer told reporters that detectives are working around the clock to find the pregnant 33-year-old woman, who was reported missing by relatives on Aug. 27, a day after missing an appointment for her first sonogram.

Relatives claim Cantrell's social media activity ceased on Aug. 25, which is uncharacteristic.

[..]

He said a Pierce County Sheriff's Department SWAT team served a warrant at the home of Cantrell's ex-boyfriend Monday evening. He said authorities have a suspect in mind, but it was unclear if the ex-boyfriend was a suspect.

"If she is still alive we want to find her," Troyer explained. "Unfortunately, we haven't found her and that's why we're working this as a homicide until something tells us differently, and I hope that day comes but as you can see by the amount of work going on here, the probability of that coming to light isn't strong."

I don't remember the family saying the ex-boyfriend was not the father. I thought they said they had dated in the past but remained friends. Imo

I do vaguely remember at the very beginning, K's mother said she was unsure if her ex was the father/. Am I imagining that?

From her mother -- video at link.

Deputies searching for pregnant Pierce County woman who disappeared under suspicious circumstances

Aug 30, 2020

Smith said her daughter was about three months pregnant. The father is a friend, and though unexpected, for Cantrell it was the most welcomed surprise.

ETA: Today's report cites man who's house searched was KC's boyfriend when she was a teen! She's 33 now yet suspect being reported as ex-boyfriend. I'd say more like friends with benefits. I think the story was misrepresented and he may have been in a longterm relationship today. MOO

Last edited:
Volunteers look for clues in case of missing pregnant Tacoma woman

Sept 4, 2020

TACOMA, Wash. - A group of volunteers say they feel they’ve made progress in the search for Kassanndra, after finding someone they say is a potential witness, someone who can help build the timeline for her last known whereabouts. It’s another potential piece to the puzzle that could help bring her home.

[..]

“All we know for sure is that she left the house at 8:44 in the morning and that’s it. The rest is theories and guesses,” says Robert Cantrell, Kassanndra’s twin brother.

The search party, compiled of family and volunteers focused on an area of Tacoma today, not far from where Kassanndra’s white Mazda was found last Friday, with the keys inside. And the same neighborhood where earlier this week a search warrant was served. Kassanndra’s family says it’s the home of a man she dated when she was a teenager, and was more recently just a friend

[..]

Investigators and volunteers have yet to find Kassanndra’s cell phone, which has been off since she disappeared last week. But there’s something else her mother believes she may have left the house with last Tuesday. “The very first test that she took when she went to the clinic, its missing…I can't think of why she needed it unless somebody asked her for it,” says Marie Smith.

[..]

They also have searches planned for the three day weekend. If you have any information on Kassanndra’s whereabouts contact the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department or call 911.

Volunteers look for clues in case of missing pregnant Tacoma woman

Sept 4, 2020

TACOMA, Wash. - A group of volunteers say they feel they’ve made progress in the search for Kassanndra, after finding someone they say is a potential witness, someone who can help build the timeline for her last known whereabouts. It’s another potential piece to the puzzle that could help bring her home.

[..]

“All we know for sure is that she left the house at 8:44 in the morning and that’s it. The rest is theories and guesses,” says Robert Cantrell, Kassanndra’s twin brother.

The search party, compiled of family and volunteers focused on an area of Tacoma today, not far from where Kassanndra’s white Mazda was found last Friday, with the keys inside. And the same neighborhood where earlier this week a search warrant was served. Kassanndra’s family says it’s the home of a man she dated when she was a teenager, and was more recently just a friend

[..]

Investigators and volunteers have yet to find Kassanndra’s cell phone, which has been off since she disappeared last week. But there’s something else her mother believes she may have left the house with last Tuesday. “The very first test that she took when she went to the clinic, its missing…I can't think of why she needed it unless somebody asked her for it,” says Marie Smith.

[..]

They also have searches planned for the three day weekend. If you have any information on Kassanndra’s whereabouts contact the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department or call 911.
What does she mean the test is missing? At a clinic they'd give you a test and you'd get results over the phone, right? They don't give you a stick to pee on and let you take it home...

The missing test is either...
A) a pee stick which would be an at-home test
B) a paper test result (which I never got with my pregnancies but that was many moons ago)...could be blood test which maybe I did get a paper result (I had twins and levels were higher than normal which is a clue to twins)
But mom says first TEST from clinic....not test results...odd wording. Did she tell her mom the pee stick was from the clinic?

Last edited:
I saw one article that said the POI is cooperating with the police in the matter.

Where was that? Do you have a link?

From the best I can tell the timeline on POI status was:

Monday night 8/31: LE used flash bangs to get him out of the house.
Tuesday briefing 9/1: LE said POI was at another residence during the search Tuesday.
Wednesday 9/2: POI's truck to be searched and processed this day. Multiple media outlets report POI not cooperating and LE have not had opportunity to interview POI.
Wednesday 9/2 at 4pm pacific: Q13 Fox reported that the search was done at POI's house but now LE did not know where POI was located.

What does she mean the test is missing? At a clinic they'd give you a test and you'd get results over the phone, right? They don't give you a stick to pee on and let you take it home...

Actually yes, the first thing that a clinic would do is perform a urine pregnancy test. If that is positive that confirms the pregnancy and they can go forward with a consult to OBGYN. A blood test isn't necessary if the urine test is positive unless there is a history of fertility issues or current threat to pregnancy such as bleeding. If this was her first pregnancy test I absolutely think it is reasonable that she asked to keep the test. It is a very sentimental item to many women, the moment they found out that they were pregnant. It is like a keepsake. I have been pregnant a few times these last few years, have two babies and one miscarriage. I still have the first positive tests from both of my boys. I am also a registered nurse and have worked in a few clinics, if a patient wanted the test I would give it to them, we just toss it anyway.

Where was that? Do you have a link?

From the best I can tell the timeline on POI status was:

Monday night 8/31: LE used flash bangs to get him out of the house.
Tuesday briefing 9/1: LE said POI was at another residence during the search Tuesday.
Wednesday 9/2: POI's truck to be searched and processed this day. Multiple media outlets report POI not cooperating and LE have not had opportunity to interview POI.
Wednesday 9/2 at 4pm pacific: Q13 Fox reported that the search was done at POI's house but now LE did not know where POI was located.

I am unable to find the link or edit my original post to retract that. I have seen from here that states the current girlfriend is "reportedly" cooperating with the investigation, but the links before or after that don't back it up.

Actually yes, the first thing that a clinic would do is perform a urine pregnancy test. If that is positive that confirms the pregnancy and they can go forward with a consult to OBGYN. A blood test isn't necessary if the urine test is positive unless there is a history of fertility issues or current threat to pregnancy such as bleeding. If this was her first pregnancy test I absolutely think it is reasonable that she asked to keep the test. It is a very sentimental item to many women, the moment they found out that they were pregnant. It is like a keepsake. I have been pregnant a few times these last few years, have two babies and one miscarriage. I still have the first positive tests from both of my boys. I am also a registered nurse and have worked in a few clinics, if a patient wanted the test I would give it to them, we just toss it anyway.

The important issue would be: did she have a clinic test, where they put the results in their records? Or is the only evidence of her pregnancy that she said she was pregnant?

I too wonder when she actually found out she was pregnant and when she told BD. Feel like she did tell him because of what her friend said that friends and family were warned to not say anthing about how BD felt about "this pregnancy". I posted about it earlier. JMO

IMO Kassandra did a home pregnancy test. Booked a Medical appt. Dr. ordered sonogram to see if it was twins. Didn't Mom state twins run in the Family and Kassandra herself a twin? All just my opinion of course.

The missing test is either...
A) a pee stick which would be an at-home test
B) a paper test result (which I never got with my pregnancies but that was many moons ago)...could be blood test which maybe I did get a paper result (I had twins and levels were higher than normal which is a clue to twins)
But mom says first TEST from clinic....not test results...odd wording. Did she tell her mom the pee stick was from the clinic?
I would assume "B", a printout of the UA, like when you take get a printout from your labs.
Edit posted to soon. I've never seen a doctor's office give a "stick" test, they just give you a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27