Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts this morning after catching up on all threads...

Did BM use the park and ride parking lot near the hotel, thinking his truck and the contents of the bed would not be caught on camera at the hotel? (coolers, tools)

Does BM, being a hunter, have a rental of a freezer unit space? Is it big enough for a cooler? Is there a meat locker invoice in the home if they had one? Surely if he had the space LE would know if he accessed that by now.

Would a wood chipper be able to obliterate a plastic cooler into trillions of small pieces that could be mixed with concrete? Or spewed directly into a river and washed downstream?

I wonder if an old fashioned phone card with minutes could come into play, anonymous and non-traceable. Easily buried or disposed of.

Thanks, Hoosierfan, for all of your DW's insight. I don't do FB, as I believe it will lead to the downfall of civilization.

If it was SM herself, she wouldn’t log into her profile on his phone. There would be no use for that since she can look at her profile on her own phone anytime.

She’d either log on to his profile on her phone or she’d just look at his profile on his phone.

And if she logged in to his profile on her phone, the inverse of what happened would happen. Basically, SM’s contacts would receive a notification to connect with BM.

Also, I don’t believe just looking at someone’s profile or liking content is what the algorithm uses to make connection recommendations. But I could be wrong.
Eggsalad, I'm so impressed.

Many thanks to Hoosier for this great information! And to eggsalad for explaining it so well that even I can understand!

This a preview of what LE has. I hope eggsalad will be here when the arrest affidavit is released to explain more tech issues!
Moo

It really goes to show that LE is right, the littlest tip can go a long way.

In isolation, one person getting a friend recommendation isn’t odd but when it starts to be the same thing for multiple people, it paints a really interesting and clear picture. So you turn in that one small tip and it snow balls into a big piece of this puzzle.

Amazing to me how BM won’t talk to the media to plea for his community to call in tips for his wife’s return, but will sure talk to media to discredit CCSO, CBI, FBI, and anyone else! The Victim! Pfffttt MOO

I’m sure SM’s friend she was chatting with is feeling all kinds of grief and heartache if she was aware of “serious problems” in the M relationship. But, if the friend was aware, IMOO the daughters may have been to, to an extent. What a horrific crime if BM is guilty!

It's typical of someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. Retaliation is their MO when their ego has been injured. Any perceived slight will provoke a reaction. He has to put people and the record "straight".
MOO

PE guys allude to some kind of activity on her digital media that was off.

To me, that suggests it wasn't her doing.

While it makes sense that she might have searched his facebook, sparking a conversation with deadly consequence, that IMO doesn't account for activity on her account. Which of course wouldn't be visible by those suddenly receiving friend suggestion notices but would be by those already friended.

I think he accessed her facebook in an attempt to stall a real-world friend from sounding any alarms.

JMO

I do not recall anyone claiming that investigators took their blood sample?

IMO if LE had found any blood evidence anywhere that they thought was the missing person's blood, they would typically need a relative's blood (child, sibling or parent) to compare for identification.

Pretty sure if LE had requested blood samples from family members in this case we would have heard about it in the last couple of weeks...IMO

IMO SM's father, in Mears, Mi would have no problem allowing LE to take a sample of his own blood. I think he would have quietly agreed to that several months ago. He loves his daughter and would do anything to help.
MOO

Eggsalad, I'm so impressed.

Thanks. Ironically, I haven’t been on Facebook for at least 10 years because of all of the data privacy issues but that’s also why I know a lot about them. (And I work in tech and have been at several big Silicon Valley companies)

I think it would be a good test to have two members here that aren’t connected on FB test out looking at each other’s profile or liking each others content to see if that would generate a friend request. Having the answer to that would pretty much make my explanation definitive.

IMO, it’s pretty clear what happened. Before it is known that SM is missing, multiple people that are connected to BM on Facebook but not SM, start receiving notifications that they should connect with SM.

For the algorithm to make that suggestion, something needed to happen for it to connect SM’s profile to BM’s contacts.

Facebook states this: Help Center

What that link is saying is that any device you use to log into your profile on the Facebook app and separately Facebook messenger app, the apps will be allowed access to all of the contacts you have saved on that device.

The algorithm then takes in these new contacts and makes suggestions on connecting.

So if BM logs into to Facebook or Facebook messenger as SM on BM’s phone, SM’s profile then reads all of BM’s contacts (since it’s his device) and for any of those contacts that SM is not connected to, it suggests that they connect.

Thus why you have all of BM’s contacts receiving notifications to connect with SM before she is even reported missing.

This makes sense to me...... if by 'contacts' that includes his FB friends - because if contacts is only connected via phone numbers saved in his phone, then I'm not sure that's the case. I'd have to ask, but I'd be surprised if BM had all these people saved in his phone under his contact list. MOO.

Agree - and he's becoming increasingly dangerous as the walls close in around him. This is someone who'll become more calculating, more defiant, less cooperative (if that's possible).
He's already tried using his daughters as a shield. Nothing is off-limits.

I worry a great deal about the daughters’ safety! Man up, BM! Where’s SM?

PE guys allude to some kind of activity on her digital media that was off.

To me, that suggests it wasn't her doing.

While it makes sense that she might have searched his facebook, sparking a conversation with deadly consequence, that IMO doesn't account for activity on her account. Which of course wouldn't be visible by those suddenly receiving friend suggestion notices but would be by those already friended.

I think he accessed her facebook in an attempt to stall a real-world friend from sounding any alarms.

JMO

Bammity bam bam.

This makes sense to me...... if by 'contacts' that includes his FB friends - because if contacts is only connected via phone numbers saved in his phone, then I'm not sure that's the case. I'd have to ask, but I'd be surprised if BM had all these people saved in his phone under his contact list. MOO.

What Facebook is doing is that it accesses all of the contacts on your device. That can be all of the contacts in the phone book, in your email address book, in a messenger app or any other place contacts are stored on the device. It then matches those contacts (through things like email address, name, phone number etc...) to existing profiles on Facebook. And if you are not connected to that persons profile, the suggestion to connect is made.

I’d also imagine that Facebook reverse syncs your Facebook contacts to contacts on your device because that way it gives them an exponential way to grow the network of connections.

Last edited:

Can someone dumb down this one part so I can digest it-if Barry logged in as Suzanne, would the “contacts” that were only Barry’s Facebook friends (no phone numbers, emails), be pulled up and suggested?

What Facebook is doing is that it accesses all of the contacts on your device. That can be all of the contacts in the phone book, in your email address book, in a messenger app or any other place contacts are stored on the device. It then matches those contacts (through things like email address, name, phone number etc...) to existing profiles on Facebook. And if you are not connected to that persons profile, the suggestion to connect is made.

I’d also imagine that Facebook reverse syncs your Facebook contacts to contacts on your device because that way it gives them an exponential way to grow the network of connections.

So if I use my face book to sleuth , for example ,Barry's face book,he is not going to get a message suggesting me as a friend.

Re the fb activity (thanks @Hoosierfan72 for sparking so much interesting speculation). I think we should keep in the equation the most simple explanation - it was Suzanne herself.

Imagine if something had come to light, a suspicion or more, that your husband was playing away. It's quite possible that you would be all over their social media, including looking up their female friends, what posts had he liked, location check ins etc. This would generate friend suggestions I believe.

Just an alternative thought.
Here's what I'd say about that - if SM had suspicions, I don't think she would have needed to click on the Indiana FB friends of BM (she already knew them) - so I think she it's more likely she would have been sleuthing local FB friends of BM. I do think Ontario Mom mentioned that she's seen the PYMK pop up on her FB when one of her daughter's friends was liking posts on her daughters page..... so if SM was spending time on BMs page for whatever reason, I suppose it's possible she'd pop up to all of BMs friends (as opposed to just BMs friends whose profiles she looked at)?? Again, I just don't know how the algorithm actually works.....

Mine is hardwired and I changed the settings to detect people and alert me I have the newer version although I’m still getting used to the alert “there is a person at your front door” - I’m on another free trial so I can view the cause of the alert and I think I may keep that feature - I have ring cameras inside as well and I also have the original wired security system which has motion and heat sensors, monitors for the doors and windows but I dropped Live monitoring.

I was searching, and luddite here. Is there a thread at WS re security systems? That would be a fabulous thread if allowed. May not be allowed though for the community here unless associated with a case durn it?

Thanks - that is helpful - and I think is the most plausible explanation that I've heard so far.

Good info. So it would appear that BM either knew her password, or did the reset option you mentioned.

Keep in mind this is conjecture upon conjecture... not that "it would appear".. It's all moo for folks that are commenting

MOO

Exactly. The person that impersonated SM was doing so to act as if she was still alive Sunday to create a false timeline of events.

At the very least, it indicates something unusual happened during the time frame SM disappeared. An external indicator that can't be ignored. MOO.

This is really getting legs at WS. Do we know for a fact this happened?

So theoretically, BM logged into SM’s FB account to send messages as her. When he logged in as SM, the phone read his messenger contacts and sent out friend suggestions.

WOW. Normally, that might be fairly innocuous. Under the circumstances, WOW. Think of that timeline. Think of ALL those people seeing that suggestion pop up. It’s almost like a message from the voiceless. And potentially, he sent it out into the world, himself. There is some justice in that.

I’m losing hope that BM will ever put his daughters before himself. I hope the evidence is clear, for their sake.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member