Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve always believed this was a crime of passion, and that BM actually wasn’t a terrible guy before this event. The thing stopping him from owning up to this, is that he’s managed to justify it in his mind.

I think she learned something about an extramarital affair, or something financial, and she told him it was over.

Something scared him, enraged him, and caused him to lash out.

I don’t believe for a second that he will get away with this, and I think in the coming months we will see an arrest. I cannot wait for the day.

I'm still on the fence regarding premeditation (at least from a legal standpoint - I agree that this doesn't appear to be well planned, but am unsure if it was a crime of passion or if it was something else).

My wife would say he was never a bad guy growing up. He wasn't perfect - was a bit arrogant and cocky, but we all knew many guys (especially athletes, IMO) who were that way in HS. He wasn't a troublemaker. Certainly time and life experiences can change a person, but I think it's accurate to say that nobody who knew him growing up would have ever imagined a scenario like this with BM a POI in something like this.

My wife has said that, literally, SM may be the absolute sweetest person she has ever known. Truly an extraordinarily kind soul. (We joke about how every victim on Dateline could "light up a room" - but the positive comments you've heard about SM are not exaggerations). DW's impression through the years was they were happy together (and not simply posing for FB). If BM is indeed guilty, something significant changed - with him, with the relationship - or both. JMO, MOO.

Not that's likely, but if it turns out that BM is innocent of killing his wife there will be a cart load of attorneys clambering to bring lawsuits against the multiple internet news outlets and online media commentators for the evisceration of BM's reputation.

Well, IF and that is a big IF.... He should be first in line. IMO he's done more damage to his reputation than all media outlets put together. He has made himself look suspect, has not been forthright and has given several statements that lead down the liar path. I'd bet some money your scenario won't be the case, but boy i'd be happy for everyone if they figure it out and there is #justiceforsuzanne. More than anything, i'd like to see it for her daughters.. They deserve closure and I hope they haven't lost both parents to this travesty..

I can’t tell you how much I love the situation right now. And I do have a great deal of hope we are closer to the end than ever.

I just think local LE, the CBI, and FBI are ready. But they need a willing DA. Things are coming to a head.

It feels that way.

I also love the situation right now.:):):)
BM must be sitting on the loo continually, thinking about his next line of defence.

It's a pity, we can't sit here, all day, waiting for the arrest.
What will be the final straw?
Can't wait.

I'm still on the fence regarding premeditation (at least from a legal standpoint - I agree that this doesn't appear to be well planned, but am unsure if it was a crime of passion or if it was something else).
E
My wife would say he was never a bad guy growing up. He wasn't perfect - was a bit arrogant and cocky, but we all knew many guys (especially athletes, IMO) who were that way in HS. He wasn't a troublemaker. Certainly time and life experiences can change a person, but I think it's accurate to say that nobody who knew him growing up would have ever imagined a scenario like this with BM a POI in something like this.

My wife has said that, literally, SM may be the absolute sweetest person she has ever known. Truly an extraordinarily kind soul. (We joke about how every victim on Dateline could "light up a room" - but the positive comments you've heard about SM are not exaggerations). DW's impression through the years was they were happy together (and not simply posing for FB). If BM is indeed guilty, something significant changed - with him, with the relationship - or both. JMO, MOO.

BBM; To a person, everyone has said this. I truly lose a piece of my heart every time I hear it :(

And that’s my read, absent of your solid insight. I just don’t think when all is said and done, we’ll hear about evidence that Barry planned this for any length of time. In fact, I don’t think he woke up that morning knowing he would murder his wife.

Despite that, legally, this very well could meet the definition of premeditated murder, but everything after that looks sloppy as all hell.

Your wife’s description of him seems to jibe with some of the things we’ve heard. I think he lost his temper, and dug his own grave.

I think anyone saying "She was/is the light of my life" is creepy.

Having been married for 20+ years, I love my wife. She gets me, and I get her. Neither one of us is perfect. But she is not a light, nor am I hers. People who try to project perfection....

Well....

My $0.02

Having been married for 20+ years, I love my wife. She gets me, and I get her. Neither one of us is perfect. But she is not a light, nor am I hers. People who try to project perfection....

Well....

My $0.02
Ok “Frank Barone.”

Haaaaa. Agreed though, he was trying to sell an image.

I feel confident that BM had the most expensive, most popular cooler on the market. It's about image. It was probably large enough to hold Suzanne. I'm also thinking that someone would have noticed. I imagine BM liked showing off his possessions. Moo
I agree. It’s all about image. The following are thoughts I’ve had, all based on speculation and supposition.

IMO he’s all flash, no cash. Everything he owns has to be the biggest, best, newest, shiniest and he will go into debt to maintain his image. He loves playing with his manly tools and machinery like a kid with Tonka trucks. I think they had a very traditional marriage for many years. He worked and told her how to spend his money. Her life was her family, her home, her church.

The girls are growing up and starting to go off in their own directions. Suzanne feels it’s time for her to start living her best life. She’d like get out and do things as a couple but he has no time for that. Maybe she tries voicing her opinion about business matters and he really doesn’t like that. Barry has no interest in this new Suzanne. She becomes more active in her church and with friends. She develops outside interests. Even worse, she starts sharing her thoughts and feelings about the state of the marriage with her friends. Barry feels something has to change so he moves her to Colorado, where she has no one but him. Suzanne doesn’t like the isolation and misses her family and friends. I get the feeling she was seriously entertaining thoughts of moving back to Indiana. She may have wanted to hold off on the sale of the house as an option to return to Indiana. That would infuriate him, “Why can’t she be happy in this million dollar house I bought for her?”

I go back and forth between Barry having a long premeditated plan or a spur of the moment reaction to something Suzanne did or said. The moving to Colorado could have been Step One in the long term plan.

all JMO

Well....

My $0.02
Ain't that the truth.
Those words come from the Paradise is Where I Am people. :p

I agree. It’s all about image. The following are thoughts I’ve had, all based on speculation and supposition.

IMO he’s all flash, no cash. Everything he owns has to be the biggest, best, newest, shiniest and he will go into debt to maintain his image. He loves playing with his manly tools and machinery like a kid with Tonka trucks. I think they had a very traditional marriage for many years. He worked and told her how to spend his money. Her life was her family, her home, her church.

The girls are growing up and starting to go off in their own directions. Suzanne feels it’s time for her to start living her best life. She’d like get out and do things as a couple but he has no time for that. Maybe she tries voicing her opinion about business matters and he really doesn’t like that. Barry has no interest in this new Suzanne. She becomes more active in her church and with friends. She develops outside interests. Even worse, she starts sharing her thoughts and feelings about the state of the marriage with her friends. Barry feels something has to change so he moves her to Colorado, where she has no one but him. Suzanne doesn’t like the isolation and misses her family and friends. I get the feeling she was seriously entertaining thoughts of moving back to Indiana. She may have wanted to hold off on the sale of the house as an option to return to Indiana. That would infuriate him, “Why can’t she be happy in this million dollar house I bought for her?”

I go back and forth between Barry having a long premeditated plan or a spur of the moment reaction to something Suzanne did or said. The moving to Colorado could have been Step One in the long term plan.

all JMO
Double Like.

And that’s my read, absent of your solid insight. I just don’t think when all is said and done, we’ll hear about evidence that Barry planned this for any length of time. In fact, I don’t think he woke up that morning knowing he would murder his wife.

Despite that, legally, this very well could meet the definition of premeditated murder, but everything after that looks sloppy as all hell.

Your wife’s description of him seems to jibe with some of the things we’ve heard. I think he lost his temper, and dug his own grave.

And hers, unfortunately... ITA

Imgur: The magic of the Internet Wonder if that dirt in the back of that trailer is from where he hid Suzanne. Looks like it's the same color as his drive way.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet Dirt over rocks?

Barry has been doing some digging on that property hasn't he?

Jmo, I've always had the thought that the easiest and safest place to bury her would be on his own property. Then there would be no worries about gps, phone tracking, someone stumbling across the body, etc.

Barry would know how to do this with out leaving signs. Scrape off the top layer of gravel in the driveway, dig a small deep hole and put the dirt on a tarp during excavation. Bury the body and refill hole, rake gravel back over area. He would leave no signs of a fresh dig. Maybe even park the big trailer over the area for extra insurance.

What's always stumped me about this theory is cadaver dogs. They should be able to pick up a scent. Now that there may be missing coolers, I wonder if that would contain the scent of a decomposing body? Hmmm. JMO

There are a few things that are not really adding up to me.
1. If BM is guilty why would he have brought insurance paperwork to the hotel, tossed it in the trash and left it there to be found? Jeff claims he thought it was an alibi... But if BM made reservations at the hotel why would he need more proof of him being there?
2. The cooler question is another thing. There is a picture of BM carrying a cooler I guess that picture is supposed to prove he owns coolers? But it looks like one of those Styrofoam coolers. Maybe he only grabs coolers that be tossed since he hunts and it gets messy?
3. Who on earth is Jeff Pucket? What is his story and why does he seem so angry and so ready to say BM is involved?

Jmo, I've always had the thought that the easiest and safest place to bury her would be on his own property. Then there would be no worries about gps, phone tracking, someone stumbling across the body, etc.

Barry would know how to do this with out leaving signs. Scrape off the top layer of gravel in the driveway, dig a small deep hole and put the dirt on a tarp during excavation. Bury the body and refill hole, rake gravel back over area. He would leave no signs of a fresh dig. Maybe even park the big trailer over the area for extra insurance.

What's always stumped me about this theory is cadaver dogs. They should be able to pick up a scent. Now that there may be missing coolers, I wonder if that would contain the scent of a decomposing body? Hmmm. JMO
Yeah I mean I wouldnt be surprised if the body is on the property, there's about 3 sites on the property that look like the dirt has been messed with.

I can believe BM snapped. That was my original belief, if he’s responsible.

The cover up, and subjecting their girls to an extended (possibly unending) missing person scenario, is what makes me think he’s truly a bad guy at core. That takes ice in the veins, daily. If he is responsible.

MOO

I believe the answer to that is yes, although I am sure someone can find a link to affirm. So would everybody go in separate vehicles? It’s a 150 mile drive. In my neck of the woods, I think some people would at least double up, as long as the expected return date was the same.
BM said he was going to prepare the jobsite because he had workers coming in on Sunday night. Didn't he say it was Sunday morning in another interview? Or at one point made contradicting statements to different people?

Oh dear.
We can all be dead by Covid then.:D

No.
Here, we are in stage 4 lockdown, now for 5 weeks.
Curfews at night, no visitors to homes, cannot travel more then 5 km for shopping for food etc.
Spend our time on phones, and social media.

Numbers coming down, so we'll live till Nov.
So I guess, follow this strategy, to see what happens here.

I just think he’s ridiculous. He says absolutely nothing to the media about his poor wife in 4 months, yet comes out how many times to talk about himself once the heat is on? Everything is about him. They were so young when they married. I think she outgrew him. I think she truly believed in Till death do you part, and I think she would never want to disrupt the family unit. I think her faith was a big part of everything. I’m sorry, he just acts like a big jerk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88