Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! The original DM Puckett article specifically stated no “tools”. So I thought they were referring to hand tools as well. If, as you stated, the materials would be delivered the next day, they would have been pre-ordered, correct?

Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

excerpt:
But Puckett said the crew couldn’t finish their work.

“We had nothing to work with,” he said. And he described what would have been necessary in order to complete that particular job.

“Once you build [the wall] up, you run a layer block, some dirt, get [it] inspected, then you keep continuing until the next level – and there was nothing like that to work with,” Puckett said. “That kind of pissed me off, so I come on back.”

My long-winded point: Can you order dirt last minute, say, Monday morning and have it arrive before Monday noon? I assume you can’t order dirt on Sunday, so would Barry’s departure cause the materials to not arrive? I’m still unclear as to what was missing-tools, dirt, an actual wall to fix....
Fair question. My long winded answer, sorry. Barry would/should have ordered the materials earlier in the week. Last minute would depend on the supplier and their relationship with 'Sunset farms" IMO. If they have the manpower, material and truck just sitting there and he's a decent guy to work with they just might help out, on the other hand if their delivery man has a full day on the road (not to mention a full truck) they may not. Around our metro area there has never been any such thing as last minute concrete, never. If it's for a retaining wall...definitely not last minute. Architects/Engineers have always required a specific mix design and there are a tons of different ones, it's not cookie cutter, that's done at the plant.

I was talking to @Seattle1 about the chlorine earlier, and I really liked her thoughts. I think this could account for the smell in the room, and Barry’s need to shower.

Barry buys or steals chlorine from the hotel, and uses it to clean the bed of his truck. It’s possible that he used the chlorine to also sanitize any equipment he may have used, to include whatever was used to contain Suzanne’s body.

During this process, he would have certainly come in contact with it. We all know how strong the smell of chlorine is, and that’s when it is diluted.

He’d need to take a nice long shower to get the smell off, and that room would still smell.
I know absolutely nothing about trucks, but to a novice his looked pretty new. Would use chlorine cause rust in his truck bed?

I saw that yesterday and immediately remembered there is a hot tub at the Morphew residence.
You can see the covered hot tub here starting at just about 2:00 into the video:

The label itself says "for the control of algae and bacteria in swimming pools and spas".

Did a jug of Ezy Chlor find it's way from Maysville to Broomfield for some reason?

I really don't know what to make of this chlorine odor.

jmo

Respectfully I dont think its BPD, just to overshare my mom has BPD and I havent gotten that vibe from him at all. When I talk to someone with BPD I usually get a weird red flag, early warning feeling like theres something strangely familiar about the person but also im fearful of them and my internal red flag system was not set off by him (LV is another story) granted my personal feelings should not be taken as scientifically valid just JMO.

usually BPDs are charming, they make friends easy (but rarely keep them), like NPD they do care alot about their perceived image and always want to seem perfect, they are always the victim and the hallmark trait is being surrounded by chaos, whilst still appearing in no way at fault for the chaos. BPD's love attention and thats just not BM and while his failure to be a criminal mastermind is comical its not the type of constant chaos and drama that usually surrounds BPDs again IMO this is just from personal experience not professional

granted he could have some sort of depression or other personality disorder. its hard to gauge with the little interaction hes had with the media

I agree, we have tried hard to put him in the SO square, but he is just too round to fit, his actions until that weekend show nothing but a simple hardworking, successful man, who loved his wife...
I’ve seen some additional px of SM and BM, they show them holding hands, and not in a “possessive way”. In fact it appears SM is controlling the closeness, which seems to fit with her nurturing personality. They are candid, as if someone caught such an endearing shot. The couple doesn’t look bothered at all by being caught in a private moment, just happy together.

IMO, There are a lot of creepy people everywhere, I am still looking for the real culprit...
I’m new to WS but have read and watched real crime, forever.

BM is not LS, PF, CW, the list goes on, he is the 3%er.

SPECULATION:

I imagine a Q&A between LE and BM, on or about May 11th.

LE: tell us what happened
BM: Let me tell you what happened. I was in Denver for fire training so it couldn't have been me who left her bike with the whee--
LE: when did you see Suzanne last?
BM: Sunday morning, 5am, when I left for Denver
LE: but how could you have seen her at 5am if you were away for the weekend, at training? Oh and we know there was no training.
BM: I know, that's why I decided to fix a wall.
LE: so you were home all night May 9/10?
BM: yes
LE: so why do we have evidence that suggests you were at a jobsite, running equipment at midnight?
BM: that's right. I was remembering the time wrong, because I'm not in my right mind. I couldn't sleep so I asked Suzanne, because we had two daughters, "listen, I'm going to Salida for a while, to do a mechanical thing with my Bobcat" and she agreed, because if some good can come from that, she'll be okay with it.
LE: so where is she, BM?
BM: where is who?
LE: Suzanne. Your WIFE, BM.
BM: Oh, that. I'm so over that.

How many times do we suppose his story changed during those 3-30 hours?

Confident LE is busy laying out the actual story --

It's coming!

JMO

Priceless, reading in BM voice. Lol. Thank you! @Megnut

I’m curious as to what people are thinking. SM is somewhere. Where is she?

1) At the home property?
2) At or near the Salida job site?
3) Somewhere close to home?
4) Somewhere between home and Broomfield?
5) Elsewhere?
in my totally non-expert opinion based on no facts, just speculation i think he put her at or near one of his construction sites. Would love to hear what everyone else thinks

If we could nail down when BM contacted JP to work the job, it would help the timeline.

My point- if BM contacted him last minute to add to the work crew, it could indicate he knew he wouldn't be there to help. For that matter, hope we learn how far out he scheduled the other employees. BM did say in Lauren's interview "It was not a last minute project, Barry explained, the job had been in the works for a month".

If you listen carefully at 2:48 JP says "as far as no dirt" then jumps into describing how you actually build the wall. Earlier, Barry says he left all the tools in the room and took off for home. So unless something else comes out to disprove, I'm going with the materials at the jobsite itself weren't in place.
Exclusive: Barry Morphew responds to explosive claims regarding the disappearance of wife, Suzanne | FOX21 News Colorado

Maybe the problem was payment? Wouldn't be surprising if the delivery was COD, maybe a credit card number was given and the card declined? I'm grasping at straws now :)

I was talking to @Seattle1 about the chlorine earlier, and I really liked her thoughts. I think this could account for the smell in the room, and Barry’s need to shower.

Barry buys or steals chlorine from the hotel, and uses it to clean the bed of his truck. It’s possible that he used the chlorine to also sanitize any equipment he may have used, to include whatever was used to contain Suzanne’s body.

During this process, he would have certainly come in contact with it. We all know how strong the smell of chlorine is, and that’s when it is diluted.

He’d need to take a nice long shower to get the smell off, and that room would still smell.

It's possible, but I'm not a huge fan of this theory.

I say that because it doesn't explain Barry's need to include his tools in his hotel story.

I think BM added the bit about "leaving all his tools at the hotel" because he was worried about cameras showing him carrying some type of tote into the hotel.

If he did bring any type of luggage/tote into the hotel, it could have contained a chlorine jug and items he wanted to sterilize, i.e., evidence he wanted to destroy.

In my mind, that would best account for multiple wet towels being left in a room that "reeked" of chlorine.

JMO.

Not only could he have gotten chlorine from his house, but while shopping this summer I saw all kinds of big box stores who still had pool supplies on the shelves.
I would also like to know if LE has monetary records that would show if BM took cash out of his bank before this trip as to keep a money trail on his way to Denver, or if he was using his bank card to make purchases along the way. Like buying supplies at a a place like home Depot or at a Walmart like store for pool supplies
I can't wait to see what LE has

Could not agree with you more, abuse doesnt have to be physical to be damaging, psychological and emotional abuse can be very damaging and is an effective tool controlling people often use to manipulate those around them. the really sly ones do it in a way the undermines the person but in such away that is so slight it can be played off as a joke or taken out of context, but when your husband is telling you something repeatedly about yourself and no one else is around to say its not true, the person can start to believe it. gaslighting is powerful and hard to recognize when your in it, especially when it comes from someone you love and want to believe would have the best intentions for you

BBM So very, very true! Love this post!

Perhaps he had chlorine on hand as well since I did spot a hot tub in the aerial footage of their house.

Didn't want to be spotted buying anything of that nature so he used what he had?

edit: oops i'm way behind, see a lot of people brought that up

Thanks @MassGuy :)

And one more thought!

Can't forget pig-pen BM probably leaving his chlorine laced clothes on the bathroom floor for who knows how long before he collected them-- leaving his smelly, wet towels on the bathroom floor.

ETA: There are a few car washes near HIE. Let's hope LE has surveillance of BM washing down his truck, and a chlorine jug nearby!

EhVFxwnXcAYUp-H

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members