Deceased/Not Found CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller Co, 22 Nov 2018 #71 *GUILTY*

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
No appeals for this license. When the board gives an indefinite suspension that means the suspension is infinite, on going. Note that it also states the license will not automatically renew after the suspension date.
Example: if a nurse is disciplined for a narcotic violation for some other drug infraction the discipline may say 6 month suspension. If the nurse follows the corrective actions set by the board the license will automatically renew if that is what the original paperwork indicated.
Also, the Idaho board did the correct action by reporting this to the NPDB...the national practitioner data bank. The name as well as the license will alert when entered in this national system. Unfortunate that the NPDB does not allow its documents to be read by the public.
I am thankful this license is null. KK is not deserving of it. She does not have the characteristics or standards of an upstanding nurse. It is shameful that her professional governing body took so long to act, and it took an emergency action to get this unquestionable task completed.
If you contacted the Idaho board of nursing...thank you!
JMO

***sigh** Dates are moving up. We knew this but wow, seems so fast.
Just yuk.
All I can think of is bad things to say about her.

Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 02/01/2021
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Dec 2020

This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 08/01/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

***sigh** Dates are moving up. We knew this but wow, seems so fast.
Just yuk.
All I can think of is bad things to say about her.

Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 02/01/2021
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Dec 2020

This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 08/01/2022

Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
I hope they keep this disgusting person the full term . I hope she is reminded everyday of the things she did. I hope she has nightmares every night for the rest of her life . I hope she smells that fire every night in her dreams. I hope she sees the look of disgust when people see her I hope she sees it every time her children look at her . I got a lot of hope for this horrible person none of it good just my opinion

Just looked to see if the parole hearing date might be in the court site - came up with this:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
9/28/20
3:00 PM 1Hr KENNEY, KRYSTAL Restitution Hearing D602019CR17 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search
WOW!
So is this for her to pay for expenses/damages to KB's family or maybe to the state?

I hope they keep this disgusting person the full term . I hope she is reminded everyday of the things she did. I hope she has nightmares every night for the rest of her life . I hope she smells that fire every night in her dreams. I hope she sees the look of disgust when people see her I hope she sees it every time her children look at her . I got a lot of hope for this horrible person none of it good just my opinion
By all acounts her community does not think that she is disgusting and was just led astray by a man and because she was a people pleaser.

Just looked to see if the parole hearing date might be in the court site - came up with this:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
9/28/20
3:00 PM 1Hr KENNEY, KRYSTAL Restitution Hearing D602019CR17 Teller County DIV 11 - TELLER DISTRICT COURT

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search
Thanks @Niner.

Interesting examples at the link below:

Restitution is an order of the court. Once the offender has been sentenced and the court has ordered the amount to be paid as restitution, a payment schedule is established that details when payments must be made to the court to be distributed to the victim. This payment plan includes the restitution amount to be paid to the victim once the offender has paid the statutorily mandated amounts for Victim Compensation Cost and Victim/Witness Assistance Surcharge.

Other court fines, costs, and fees are paid after restitution to the victim is paid in full. Please understand that the collection of restitution can take place over a length of time, particularly on large balance cases, and depends on a number of factors such as the defendant’s financial circumstances, ability to maintain employment, status of incarceration, etc.

[..]

Colorado Restitution Orders and Department of Corrections (Inmates)

When an inmate is sentenced to the DOC the mittimus that accompanies the offender indicates the amount of restitution owed. Upon admission to the DOC, an individual restitution account is created for the inmate and the inmate designates the amount of money that will be credited to that account. The DOC, on a quarterly basis, transfers moneys from the account to the court clerk for distribution.

How Restitution is Calculated and Ordered in Colorado Criminal Cases

Thanks @Niner.

Interesting examples at the link below:

Restitution is an order of the court. Once the offender has been sentenced and the court has ordered the amount to be paid as restitution, a payment schedule is established that details when payments must be made to the court to be distributed to the victim. This payment plan includes the restitution amount to be paid to the victim once the offender has paid the statutorily mandated amounts for Victim Compensation Cost and Victim/Witness Assistance Surcharge.

Other court fines, costs, and fees are paid after restitution to the victim is paid in full. Please understand that the collection of restitution can take place over a length of time, particularly on large balance cases, and depends on a number of factors such as the defendant’s financial circumstances, ability to maintain employment, status of incarceration, etc.

[..]

Colorado Restitution Orders and Department of Corrections (Inmates)

When an inmate is sentenced to the DOC the mittimus that accompanies the offender indicates the amount of restitution owed. Upon admission to the DOC, an individual restitution account is created for the inmate and the inmate designates the amount of money that will be credited to that account. The DOC, on a quarterly basis, transfers moneys from the account to the court clerk for distribution.

How Restitution is Calculated and Ordered in Colorado Criminal Cases
She can pay it in installments taken out of her cleaning job.

I really dislike kk and all she did . I hope one day pf tells where Kelsey is so atleast there’s a place for baby to lay flowers but I don’t think he will ever give her closure
I think that there is nothing left of Kelsey. That accomplice of his watched and smelled her body burn and cleaned her blood off the walls should be incarcerated for the same time that he had. And his nasty, old witch of a mother.

I think that there is nothing left of Kelsey. That accomplice of his watched and smelled her body burn and cleaned her blood off the walls should be incarcerated for the same time that he had. And his nasty, old witch of a mother.
Unfortunately, I totally agree. Kelsey's remains have been dumped in a stream or disposed of in some way that they'll never be found IMO.

So very sad how she was treated by PF in life and in death.

By all acounts her community does not think that she is disgusting and was just led astray by a man and because she was a people pleaser.

That was a whole lot of people pleasing if you ask me! Just a phone call would have saved the life of a little girl's mom. She should be kept away from ordinary humans for the rest of her life!

I have searched but could not find how much restitution KK owes and to who. She could have along haul on jobs she might beable to get.

See 4, 27, & 28 of KK's plea agreement linked below.

https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/50/6a/c2d18a2348ada954313acca450c5/19cr17-lee-plea-agreement.pdf

Krystal Kenney sentenced to 3 years in prison in connection to the Kelsey Berreth case

Kenney will have to pay felony court costs, restitution and any surcharges should the court order her to do so as part of her plea agreement, which was unsealed Tuesday after the sentencing hearing. As a term of the agreement, the district attorney’s office would have been able to withdraw the agreement if she failed to comply with all of its terms, which included her agreement “to testify truthfully at any trial or proceeding concerning the death of Kelsey Berreth.”

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347