Outback Death.

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
Woman killed by pet camel.
Police believe the camel knocked her to the ground,stomped on her then laid on her causing her death.
The camel had also tried to kill the coulples pet goat in the same manner.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=287506
What an evil camel.
Tragic I know..but I think I would have got rid of the camel when it started to try and succociate the other farm pets.

Camels are mean and nasty, they are *not* good pets, but are needful for desert travel. Not only do they have a habit of spitting foul smelling stuff on the current subject of their ire, but they love to sneak up on other creatures and lay on them or pin them and crush them. Apparently it's a favorite camel "prank". I've read accounts of camel stealth attacks, they are able to move very quietly and quickly according to witness accounts.

Camel stealth attacks :eek: .....Ok....who wants to buy a camel....hes a very sweet camel..hes only bit me twice and I survived both attacks..hes going cheap:)

Camel stealth attacks :eek: .....Ok....who wants to buy a camel....hes a very sweet camel..hes only bit me twice and I survived both attacks..hes ging cheap:)
Dingo isnt allowed to ride her camel anymore, she was citated by the LE for riding without a helmet and riding too close to the children who live in the mud hut next door. Her camel would be a good buy for anyone interested.

Dingo isnt allowed to ride her camel anymore, she was citated by the LE for riding without a helmet and riding too close to the children who live in the mud hut next door. Her camel would be a good buy for anyone interested.
A strange state of affairs given the number of camels in the outback...killer camel...the I van milat of Camels..

A strange state of affairs given the number of camels in the outback...killer camel...the I van milat of Camels..
It really is a strange story, I had never heard of camels doing that but apparantly they are known for sitting on other animals if they are penned together. What gets me is this woman fed and looked after it, the old saying never bite the hand that feeds you, should have read never sit on the hand of the person that feeds you.
Seriously I send my prayers to the womans family.

I read about this this morning on the Comcast front news page. That is very sad. And she got the camel as a birthday present too. Prayers to her family.

Dingo, do you really have a camel? :waitasec:

I read about this this morning on the Comcast front news page. That is very sad. And she got the camel as a birthday present too. Prayers to her family.

I always wanted a female goat - BUT A CAMEL????????????????

There is just something wrong about a camel sitting on you...maybe it did not like the food she had been serving!:sick:

The version of the story I read said that the camel was trying to have sex with her. :waitasec:

Yes and his name is Bruce:)

Yes and his name is Bruce:)

Dingo, you truly have a real live camel? That's horrible for that poor lady. Perhaps not the best place to say this, but again more beautiful people out of OZ. This morning I saw these guys called "The KIN". Brothers in a band. Lord, handsome every one of them. Keep sending them here to America, please. Y'all can keep your camels.

Here's a good example of how an American (me) might think differently than an Aussie. I read "Outback Death" and I think someone chocked to death on a piece of steak at the Outback Restaurant. :p For anyone not American, "Outback" is a chain of Aussie-inspired restaurants famous for their steak and Bloomin' Onions. Their "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" is to die for.

But seriously though, that is a tragic story, and my heart goes out to her family.

Here's a good example of how an American (me) might think differently than an Aussie. I read "Outback Death" and I think someone chocked to death on a piece of steak at the Outback Restaurant. :p For anyone not American, "Outback" is a chain of Aussie-inspired restaurants

Do they serve camel???
How about dingo???

Dingo, you truly have a real live camel? That's horrible for that poor lady. Perhaps not the best place to say this, but again more beautiful people out of OZ. This morning I saw these guys called "The KIN". Brothers in a band. Lord, handsome every one of them. Keep sending them here to America, please. Y'all can keep your camels.
After reading this story I decided to give my camel to the neighbours.
I havent heard of that band Filly but I will look them up.

Here's a good example of how an American (me) might think differently than an Aussie. I read "Outback Death" and I think someone chocked to death on a piece of steak at the Outback Restaurant. :p For anyone not American, "Outback" is a chain of Aussie-inspired restaurants famous for their steak and Bloomin' Onions. Their "Chocolate Thunder from Down Under" is to die for.

But seriously though, that is a tragic story, and my heart goes out to her family.
I wonder why we dont have those chains here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back