Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first case I’ve followed on WS. I am very pro LE, but sometimes I don’t get the lack of skepticism I see where the sheriff is talked about here. I understand holdbacks, but why the complete lack of info.

Why not share where they have searched? Why not talk about the composition of the search teams, I.E. volunteers from out of town LE, pro SaR teams with Tracking dogs during the early days, Human remains dogs later or whoever? Who searches matters IMO.

Most places I’ve lived Sheriffs are elected. Most are politicians with LE backgrounds. Some are great, some are Not so good. It’s been 4 months with no information. I have no idea if that means they have done a great job and are holding the info close or they have done a crappy job and have nothing to share.

When I read LE asked people to save video instead of going to collect it right away , my skeptical side said this is not good. Now reading that after 2 weeks they still hadn’t collected video, I would expect a lot of it would be gone. I’m glad LS has brought this up.

MOO

BM says he was on his way, hurrying home (so hurried he left his tools in Broomfield. Huh?) at 5pm.

But he got there at 9pm?

Must've taken the scenic route. You know, it's often never too soon to grab a nice dinner or something.

JMO
Or take a shower in the room you rented for employee and leave the wet towels around. (PJ says he arrived hotel after 6pm)

In the phone call with Lauren, BM's voice was booming and confident until he was asked if he'd be at the vigil and for the search .... his voice dropped to almost a whisper when he said his yes and absolutely ..... didn't sound like he was being honest or sincere just there, I could be wrong. MOO
I thought he sounded less than enthusiastic about the vigil but she put him on the spot so he couldn’t say no. I seriously will be shocked if he is at the vigil...no way. Especially with AM there. Wouldn’t that be something if BM did go and lost his temper with Andy in front of everyone?

A few things: Tomorrow we are going to hear from another employee of Barry’s, regarding Mother’s Day weekend. I’m sure Barry will call this employee a liar as well.

Barry’s concern that the Sheriff’s Department doesn’t have Suzanne’s missing poster up is rich. This, coming from a man who made no effort to utilize the media to help find his wife (26 second recording aside).

If Barry does in fact keep his promises to do an on camera interview with Lauren and attend the vigil, I’ll sign him up to the “Peanut Butter of the Month Club.” That just has to be a thing.

This is the first case I’ve followed on WS. I am very pro LE, but sometimes I don’t get the lack of skepticism I see where the sheriff is talked about here. I understand holdbacks, but why the complete lack of info.

Why not share where they have searched? Why not talk about the composition of the search teams, I.E. volunteers from out of town LE, pro SaR teams with Tracking dogs during the early days, Human remains dogs later or whoever? Who searches matters IMO.

Most places I’ve lived Sheriffs are elected. Most are politicians with LE backgrounds. Some are great, some are Not so good. It’s been 4 months with no information. I have no idea if that means they have done a great job and are holding the info close or they have done a crappy job and have nothing to share.

When I read LE asked people to save video instead of going to collect it right away , my skeptical side said this is not good. Now reading that after 2 weeks they still hadn’t collected video, I would expect a lot of it would be gone. I’m glad LS has brought this up.

MOO
The sheriff in this county is also elected.

Sheriff-elect John Spezze returns to hometown with big-city experience

A few things: Tomorrow we are going to hear from another employee of Barry’s, regarding Mother’s Day weekend. I’m sure Barry will call this employee a liar as well.

Barry’s concern that the Sheriff’s Department doesn’t have Suzanne’s missing poster up is rich. This, coming from a man who made no effort to utilize the media to help find his wife (26 second recording aside).

If Barry does in fact keep his promises to do an on camera interview with Lauren and attend the vigil, I’ll sign Barry up to the “Peanut Butter of the Month Club.” That just has to be a thing.

But it's only got 4.5 stars....

Peanut Butter of the Month Club | The World's Most Popular Peanut Butter Club from Amazing Clubs

Last edited:
I thought he sounded less than enthusiastic about the vigil but she put him on the spot so he couldn’t say no. I seriously will be shocked if he is at the vigil...no way. Especially with AM there. Wouldn’t that be something if BM did go and lost his temper with Andy in front of everyone?
Yup. Not putting money on that one....

Several times BM says to LS that he "left his tools at the hotel". And in several outlets we read/hear JP saying there were none left, or maybe he said machinery, no machinery left.

With the number of times this discrepancy has come out in MSM, I don't think it's too much for her to ask him where the tools were left.

Unless she's just getting him to say things like this and it's up to LE to notice.

Last edited:
I wish I could attend but being on the coast of NC and being my sons teacher for virtual school and finishing up breast cancer treatment I cannot. But I am supporting in other ways and praying for all of you to be safe and find much needed answers!

Finishing Cancer treatment, must be a relief to you.
Good luck with this, Gamecockinnc, in the years to come.:):):)

Your thoughts of support, for others is admirable, unlike BM, with LE criticism, stopping SM's decisions re ' rehab for depression etc

He didn't say anything about the search, re his taking part. All he said was he'd give an interview to them.

True, you are correct.

I will keep an eye out for him on his dirt bike while we are there. I think if I heard him drive up or drive by, it would spook me. Either that or my MA ways would come out and i'd be full of questions and undeterred by any shenanigans he may try...

So it actually was, more or less, a bash-piece on the CCSO.

Color me disappointed.

jmo
I wish Barry would say exactly what he thinks LE has done to mess up this investigation so that his allegations could be disputed or supported. The only thing I recall hearing him say is that several police officers touched the bike when it was found. But I doubt he will state his reasons for making such statements. I suspect he believes this because he has been the main focus of the investigation and he wants the focus off of him.

He states LE has destroyed his and his family’s lives. Just how? If he’d been honest about the facts since day 1 and made honest search efforts, etc., etc., he and his family members may feel they have a future free of being under a microscope.

I do understand immediate family being frustrated with not being given updates from LE. I’d feel the same way. I know I’ve seen this happen before in investigations but I can’t pinpoint a particular case at the moment.

MOO

As someone who has followed numerous cases here on Websleuths, I don't find this silence from LE at all unusual.

The sound of crickets is nothing new to these ears.

This has been especially true in cases where LE knows what's happened, and that the missing person is deceased.

They aren't going to share specific areas they've searched, because they don't want the perp to know the specific areas they've searched.

LE has in fact issued press releases where they've identified which agencies/organizations were/are assisting them in their searches and/or investigation into SM's disappearance, as well as what types of searches (air, water, etc.) were carried out.

They're building a case behind the scenes.

As Barry angrily noted in his recent interview with LS: "I'm in the dark here."

Indeed, Barry. You are.

Advantage: LE.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors