Identified! MO - Dixon, Wht/NtvFem UP10222, >35, off Hwy MM, upper denture, May'81 - Karen Knippers

According to Google Maps, Dixon is over 3 hours from Kansas City -- today. Likely a longer trip in 1981.

Dixon is a small town. Haven't read up on Gilyard, but there would be more available victims in greater Kansas City.

JMHO YMMV

She seems to have exactly the same admixture as Julie Doe? Isn't that weird? Or did something went wrong with copy-pasting?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/julie-png.263472/
Their admixtures are very similar, oddly, but Pulaski Doe has a touch of Siberian admixture present that Julie Doe doesn't have. Pulaski Doe looks to have a bit more West Asian ancestry as well. There's a few other differences, but, all in all, they seem pretty minor.

Their admixtures are very similar, oddly, but Pulaski Doe has a touch of Siberian admixture present that Julie Doe doesn't have. Pulaski Doe looks to have a bit more West Asian ancestry as well. There's a few other differences, but, all in all, they seem pretty minor.

Thanks! I was very early here when I looked at it. :oops:

Just want to throw out that There was an active serial killer in Missouri at the time.
His name was Lorenzo j gilyard but it’s highly unlikely he was responsible the killing didn’t fit his mo and he only targeted sex workers. And all of his crimes were committed in the Kansas City area.

Although according to Wikipedia most of his victims were found without shoes this Jane doe didn’t have shoes when she was found.. But.. Lorenzo was known to stuff paper towels and cloths in his victims mouths after he was done with them, this Jane doe didn’t have a paper towel or cloth stuffed in her mouth.
Sometimes serial killers switch up their signatures with their victims. Sometimes it depends on the time and place the crimes take place. The killer, if it's Lorenzo, may not have had time to stuff anything in her mouth and took to fighting her (possibly because she fought back).

That's a great match. Second cousin range. Half first cousin, first cousin once removed etc all also possibilities. Unless there's endogamy in this case (a possibility since we've been seeing that a lot lately!) it should be a quick ID. There might also be NPEs though, that's also something to consider.

That's a great match. Second cousin range. Half first cousin, first cousin once removed etc all also possibilities. Unless there's endogamy in this case (a possibility since we've been seeing that a lot lately!) it should be a quick ID. There might also be NPEs though, that's also something to consider.
That’s great! Just asking, what’s a NPE?

Hopefully she’s identified soon!

Oh i see, meaning that her father could have adopted her?

More often, misattributed paternity is a result of affairs between the mother and someone else. Adoption is one reason for NPEs, but it's not the most common. Donor conception (because of an infertile parent) adoption, affairs, the mother simply thinking the wrong man is the father... There are thousands and thousands of people who have taken DNA tests (with Ancestry, 23andme, etc) and found that the father on their birth certificate is not their biological father (or sometimes, both parents). And this could be the case for any of the Does, the Does parents etc... or their relatives in the GEDmatch system.

For me, if I were to match one of the Does on GEDmatch, I might confuse DDP. Legally, on every system and legal document, my dad is my dad. But he's not my biological father, because I was donor conceived, and wasn't told. So my family trees were made before I found out, and they show my dad as my dad. So if I were to paternally match one of the Does, DDP might start looking into my dad's family... when really they would have to look at my donor's family. That's why NPEs might make DDPs work harder.

Adding to that, there are plenty of men who have kids they don't know about, out there. So if this high match is a half first cousin, for example... let's say the Doe's half uncle has a child out there he never knew about, and that's the match. It might be hard for DDP to untangle the web, because the match will have a different father on their birth certificate and won't have any tangible connections to the Doe.

Of course, there's a good chance there's no NPEs in the mix, but it does happen!

Daisy Mullins Dungan (1935-Unknown) - Find A...

Found this woman on find a grave who is apparently missing but not documented in any of the databases. I haven't found any other info, but I think she looks a lot like our doe. Not sure if I should turn it in our not since DDP is likely close. Thoughts? The dates don't align, but they only list Daisy as having gone missing in the late 70's so that doesn't sound definitive. The ages also don't quite align but I've seen them further off. They just look so similar to me.

Side note, I prefer to compare post mortem photos, so if you would like to do the same, you can find that here:

WARNING, POST MORTEM PHOTO: Pulaski County Jane Doe - Defrosting Cold Cases

Last edited:

Found this woman on find a grave who is apparently missing but not documented in any of the databases. I haven't found any other info, but I think she looks a lot like our doe. Not sure if I should turn it in our not since DDP is likely close. Thoughts? The dates don't align, but they only list Daisy as having gone missing in the late 70's so that doesn't sound definitive. The ages also don't quite align but I've seen them further off. They just look so similar to me.

Side note, I prefer to compare post mortem photos, so if you would like to do the same, you can find that here:

Interesting find! Daisy might have been a little bit to old to be Pulaski Jane Doe, who is estimated around 30 (Daisy would have been 49 in 1981) , but I think it's still a very interesting angle and opens up a whole lot of different potential Jane Does who could be her. Should we make a new thread for Daisy?

Interesting find! Daisy might have been a little bit to old to be Pulaski Jane Doe, who is estimated around 30 (Daisy would have been 49 in 1981) , but I think it's still a very interesting angle and opens up a whole lot of different potential Jane Does who could be her. Should we make a new thread for Daisy?

I think we need to keep track of Daisy some how.

I do agree with the others that Daisy may be too old to be Pulaski but when I saw her photo I saw a resemblance. Good find!

It looks from the photos (that of course can be deceptive) that Daisy was a more full figured lady, something I do not see with Pulaski JD. Also, Daisy seems to have pronounced wrinkles around her mouth, but decomposition and bloat can change skin composition a lot.
Regarding the age, there is no big morphologic difference between a 40 and 49 year old and we have seen cases where the estimate was way younger than the actual age (take the Belle in the Well case - Louise Flesher, her body was estimated 35-45, while she in fact was in her 60s).

Did you start a thread for Ms. Mullins Dungan?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back