Australia- Jack, 15 & Jennifer Edwards, 13, shot dead, West Pennant Hills NSW, July 2018

Olga wrote in a family court affidavit in 2016 of her “tremendous fear” she would one day come home to find her 15-year-old son dead at the hands of his father.

After the custody battle, he wasn’t meant to know where his kids were living.

At his post-mortem a bloodstained piece of paper with 13-year-old Jennifer’s train timetable and movements printed on it was found in his pocket.

Police have never figured out how he got it and suspect he may have hired a private investigator.

But John burned his tablet and mobile phone before he died, cutting off possible leads.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/a4322501c20def0cbfe4671305afdafa

His rental car was captured on CCTV tailing her bus, and then her eight-minute walk from the stop to her West Pennant Hills home.

At 4.59pm, as Jennifer was entering the house, John pulled up. Inside, he fired 14 rounds into his kids with a Glock semiautomatic. Their bodies were found crumpled under Jack’s desk. By 5.01pm he was gone.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...s/news-story/a4322501c20def0cbfe4671305afdafa

2f28853d8f2b2d2b93d684e71806517b

This is a very brave man.

upload_2020-9-14_22-6-42.jpeg
Around 5pm on July 5, 2018, Bruce Wilson was watching the sunset on his back veranda, as he does every day, when an “almighty bang” pierced the tranquillity.

He put down his cup of tea and walked next door, hearing more bangs as he went.

There, he saw a man walk out of Olga’s house and calmly proceed down the stairs, not using the handrail.

Mr Wilson knew something horrific had just transpired. He eyeballed the stranger, determined to commit to memory his hair colour, build and the contours of his face.

“What have you done?” he asked, as the man walked straight towards him. He didn’t get an answer.

The man moved methodically to his car and backed out of the drive so slowly that Mr Wilson, continuing to scrutinise him through the window, kept pace.
Evil dad’s twisted final act

Not just one "first family" left behind, it appears that he had six! earlier families, according to this article he had a total of ten children (including Jack and Jennifer) with seven partners.
Dad's sick final act after shooting dead his son and daughter before taking his own life | Daily Mail Online
Yes, I was shocked to read that in Caroline Overington’s piece for The Australian that I posted above. It seems Edwards left a trail of devastation through many women’s and children’s lives.

The police force remains a boy's club. A close neighbour of mine wanted to take out a restraining order against her partner and the police came to my door to ask if I thought that he was violent. I told them that that was nothing to do with me and I should not have any input.
Before they left one officer said to me 'Some of these women take them out to manipulate men' and she was a woman.

John Edwards kept machete under bed and threatened to murder ex, inquest hears

“In an affidavit justifying her concerns to the Family Court, Ms Edwards once said John Edwards made threats to kill a former partner on the anniversary of the death of one of his children to that woman.

"He made verbal threats to her he would kill [the child's] mother because she had taken the children away from him," Mr Fowler said.”

Edwards had also conceded, during evidence to the Family Court, that he kept a large machete under his bed, Mr Fowler said.”

Mum’s tragic tribute to murdered kids

After her children were murdered, Olga Edwards carried them around with her in her handbag, in two tiny urns.

One of them, pink, had a small portion of the ashes of her 13-year-old daughter Jennifer, an inquest heard on Thursday.

The other, blue, contained some of 15-year-old Jack’s ashes.

The teenagers’ lives were cut short on July 5, 2018, when their father John Edwards brutally gunned them down at their home in West Pennant Hills before killing himself.

It was the culmination of a long history of domestic violence inflicted by Edwards on a total of seven ex-partners and 10 children.

It set off a world of pain for Olga, who took her own life five months later.

Mum’s tragic tribute to murdered kids

After her children were murdered, Olga Edwards carried them around with her in her handbag, in two tiny urns.

One of them, pink, had a small portion of the ashes of her 13-year-old daughter Jennifer, an inquest heard on Thursday.

The other, blue, contained some of 15-year-old Jack’s ashes.

The teenagers’ lives were cut short on July 5, 2018, when their father John Edwards brutally gunned them down at their home in West Pennant Hills before killing himself.

It was the culmination of a long history of domestic violence inflicted by Edwards on a total of seven ex-partners and 10 children.

It set off a world of pain for Olga, who took her own life five months later.

She said Jack would have recently turned 18, on September 12, and Jennifer would be 16 now.

“They will never get to grow up,” she said. “I didn’t know them, but in many ways I did. They were other versions of us. They have lived with John. I know what that meant. We were bonded by that alone.”

There was barely a dry eye in the courtroom as she spoke.

“Their mother loved them so much, just like our mothers. She was the last one. The one to bear it all. A lifetime of his anger pent up and unleashed.”

What can stop people like John Edwards? How many more inquests like this? And there are so many like him, who abuse woman after woman, child after child.

One home is the killing field where monstrous father John Edwards gunned down his two children, the other the house where he killed himself after his unspeakable evil.

The sale of both of the Sydney houses reveals the varied fates of properties stained in blood, their criminal history a challenge to real estate ambitions.

A violent or lawbreaking past can demand a discounted price, and the erasing of memories through demolition and rebuild.

The Hull St, West Pennant Hills house where financial planner Edwards shot dead his children Jack, 15, and Jennifer, 13, his teenage son and daughter in 2018, sold in July for $1.1 million.
Murder houses and drug labs: the haunting fate after the crimes - realestate.com.au

(By law agents must disclose any history of the house such as this)

Edwards later committed suicide inside his Normanhurst house. His home sold shortly after for $1.05 million – also below the price of comparable properties. It remains intact.

Ms O’Brien said the property where the murders took place was beyond renovation and selling it was “emotionally draining”.

“There were some people I would meet on the front porch and I would offer full disclosure before they even set foot inside,” she said.

“The property was ready for (knockdown) and it was always marketed as that.”
Murder houses and drug labs: the haunting fate after the crimes - realestate.com.au

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...amily-court-inquest-told-20201112-p56e36.html

Debbie Morton, the independent lawyer appointed to represent Jack and Jennifer Edwards as their parents battled over their custody, misled the Family Court when she characterised their father's violence as mere "heavy-handed parenting" and failed to mention his 18-year police history of domestic violence, an inquest had heard.

Ms Morton also failed to tell the Family Court that Jack and Jennifer had told a psychologist they feared their father because of his violence, and wanted no contact with him.

5f9923ccf9d102e6d10ff6c78432198063119d6f

Pictured are Jennifer and Jack Edwards, who were shot by their father, and their mother Olga (centre), who later took her own life.

Ms Morton's failure amounted to a breach of her duties as an Independent Children's Lawyer, the inquest heard, a charge she rejected.

IMO restraining orders only aggravate a crazy person.

I think they work... when the person they're held against isn't really a 'bad' person, they're just temporarily acting out of character and need a reminder to pull their heads in. Anyone truly violent or evil or with psychiatric conditions etc aren't going to pay attention to them at all. A girl from my year at school got one to protect her from her ex who would wait outside her house for hours, send her messages, etc. She never heard from him or saw him again, it worked. This was 15 years ago and he literally disappeared*. I think he was massively ashamed. I think a person incapable of feeling shame or being humbled is just going to get angered by an AVO, not learn from it.

*Given this is WS I should clarify I mean figuratively disappeared

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back