Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize until I listened last night to the PE guys on another channel that LE had the house locked down for 11 days.

I was saying to myself, "I've never heard of that long that LE locked down a site - how did I miss that crime scene folks were on the property for 11 days". I guess I wasn't on this thread during that time.

I can't imaging what they potentially "tore out" or ??? and the reason that Barry and his daughter (per MSM, not rumor) are living elsewhere. To take a child back after crime scene was there that long must have been a horrendous site with all the black powder for fingerprints and who knows what else. I wonder who cleaned up the scene afterwards of all of that, and if they removed walls and/or piping etc also within the home.

All MOO
Yes that first search ended around end of May, and the second search started on July 9th.
Interesting, eh?
about the time the results of testing on first search came back, LE decided they needed to take a second look.
Surely they found some good evidence.
moo

Not following you. When you inhale something at the time of death, MOO there is no way that diatoms from what you breath get into your bone marrow. MOO Impossible.

Questioning as to where you heard "diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones as water is inhaled" as those don't pass through aveoli into blood, and blood doesn't go backwards even if it did into the bone marrow. That is not biologically credible at all MOO
Diatoms
Not following you. When you inhale something at the time of death, MOO there is no way that diatoms from what you breath get into your bone marrow. MOO Impossible.

Questioning as to where you heard "diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones as water is inhaled" as those don't pass through aveoli into blood, and blood doesn't go backwards even if it did into the bone marrow. That is not biologically credible at all MOO
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2SzsBr8hO7263droOX6U6k

IMO

I'm not really suspicious of this 3rd contractor as some others might be right now. It appears he just didn't want to talk to LS or any media, which I think is absolutely fine. It's possible he's been totally cooperative with LE and has told them everything he knows and just wants to get back to his life without the circus of all this.

I took his text to LS as saying - the rumors out there are absurd and laughable. Take this text however you want. He of course does not give any specifics as to what rumors he's referring to. It was a vague text.

BUT, he did leave a cliffhanger. Not sure what this means but he's fine with it being pondered by folks: There might be a reason I don't want to talk publicly there might not be. I'll leave that for you and whoever else wants to ponder that thought.

IMO, I don't think there's really any hidden meanings and he was being a little snarky with LS.

“I’m not the other woman”: Second contractor speaks out about Suzanne Morphew investigation | FOX21 News Colorado

I have been unwell and I am trying to catch up if someone could help me.
1. I thought BM stated he left at 5:00 am for the out of town job which I assumed was Sunday, Mother’s Day and he didn’t wake Suzanne up.

Have I been incorrect and he “says” left Saturday morning not Sunday morning?

2. Can someone explain to me what the information is about him not “allowing” Suzanne to take certain medications or treatments. Having breast cancer this one really blows my mind.

3. Is anyone else concerned that instead of collecting evidence, wire taps, surveillance etc. the LE are actually clueless to what happened to Suzanne?

4. I feel like going down the path of blaming the contractors, small town secrets, drug rings that the truth may be a lot simpler. Either BM lost it and did something horrible or an unknown person did. Idk sometimes the truth is a lot simpler. ‍♀️

5. Convincing the daughters and those affiliated with the daughters not to talk and not to have one leak is strange to me. I have three sons but I know girls and teens talk and share. The total silence is very odd to me.

As always thank you to everyone to sleuthing and I am praying bringing closure to this sad case.

I was hopeful that this steady drip of damning interviews and rumors are leading to an arrest soon, but I hit myself with a good dose of reality and have settled in for the long haul. First, there is no way there would be an arrest before the search, just in case something is actually found, even if it's isn't Suzanne. Secondly is the whole November election. I can't imagine they would start what is a large, complex prosecution, probably one of the largest in Chaffee County history, with that kind of uncertainty looming. Kinda disappointing since I'm so anxious to understand what happened to Suzanne.

I have been unwell and I am trying to catch up if someone could help me.
1. I thought BM stated he left at 5:00 am for the out of town job which I assumed was Sunday, Mother’s Day and he didn’t wake Suzanne up.

Have I been incorrect and he “says” left Saturday morning not Sunday morning?

2. Can someone explain to me what the information is about him not “allowing” Suzanne to take certain medications or treatments. Having breast cancer this one really blows my mind.

3. Is anyone else concerned that instead of collecting evidence, wire taps, surveillance etc. the LE are actually clueless to what happened to Suzanne?

4. I feel like going down the path of blaming the contractors, small town secrets, drug rings that the truth may be a lot simpler. Either BM lost it and did something horrible or an unknown person did. Idk sometimes the truth is a lot simpler. ‍♀️

5. Convincing the daughters and those affiliated with the daughters not to talk and not to have one leak is strange to me. I have three sons but I know girls and teens talk and share. The total silence is very odd to me.

As always thank you to everyone to sleuthing and I am praying bringing closure to this sad case.
Just wanted to say....So sorry you have been unwell !

I have a hot tub. It depends on how big of a pump you use to drain it - and then how empty you want to get it (there will still be some standing water in the bottom of the tub using a pump). But I'd estimate 45-60 minutes to drain it and another 45-60 minutes to fill it......

What cleaning products do you use,and how much would you generally have in stock?
Would undiluted chlorine/bleach damage or mark. the tub if used when the tub was empty ?

From the previous thread @10ofRods:

Since diatoms are known to gather in the bone marrow of the long bones (femur) as water is inhaled, how long is that bone marrow present after death?
Will bone marrow still be present 4.5 months after death in SM's femur? Is the presence of bone marrow in her femur affected by her location ( in soil vs in water?)
Finding her body in late September will be such a blessing for all who love her. I pray that Suzanne will be found.
MOO

I do not know the answer to that and am not able to find consistent research on the topic. However, if there were diatoms in the marrow before death, since they are made of hard minerals, I'd think they would persist. IOW, there should be some trace of them in those narrow chambers. However, I can't find any examples of such being found in any forensic (or other) cases. I'll keep looking. Thing is, if the bones were older bones (not modern, contemporary), diatoms could be there merely due to ingestion of water.

In a modern case, I would think diatoms could still be found in the marrow chambers of the long bones, if they were ever there. As to the question of whether blood circulates through the marrow, there's an entire book on the subject - it's complicated.

Contributions to Embryology

Bone marrow and its surrounding structures have to have nutrition from the bloodstream, in order to survive and get the amino acids they need to reproduce blood cells. Since marrow is working 24/7 and constantly producing red blood cells in particular, marrow does get nutrients from the person's body.

But I'm not sure of the mechanism by which diatoms get so readily into the marrow chamber.

I also wonder just how many diatoms would be found in snow melt water in the Rockies. Most of the work using diatoms to establish drowning have been in fresh water lakes, not flowing creeks coming off snow melt.

(I found the answer after I typed all this):

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/4284/11ed0bbd10f092038e2d33e6046c544c1180.pdf

Yep, diatoms are a thing in snow melt water.

I was hopeful that this steady drip of damning interviews and rumors are leading to an arrest soon, but I hit myself with a good dose of reality and have settled in for the long haul. First, there is no way there would be an arrest before the search, just in case something is actually found, even if it's isn't Suzanne. Secondly is the whole November election. I can't imagine they would start what is a large, complex prosecution, probably one of the largest in Chaffee County history, with that kind of uncertainty looming. Kinda disappointing since I'm so anxious to understand what happened to Suzanne.

I kind of get the feeling that the weekly info drip is part of a plan leading up to next weeks search. It will be interesting to see what might come out this week. I think LE is intentionally rattling BM with the info drip, AM giving a months notice about the search and as of last week LE saying they will help AM.

The Nov election is interesting. I’d have to think that once LE feels like they have an air tight case, they will move forward with an arrest even if that is before November.

Is it necessary for LE to have possession of SM's phone in order to access her phone activity? How much can cell phone records reveal? Not individual texts surely?

I’d imagine LE can subpoena the cell carrier to get a lot of data. At a minimum they’ll know all of her pings and locations, as well as the numbers she called and texted, when they were made and how long they lasted. I don’t know if they can get the actual content of a text though. I think they can also subpoena Facebook and similar app companies to get a lot of info such as what device was used to log into her profile and all sorts of related activity. I’m thinking they can also get the message content from Facebook.

Is it necessary for LE to have possession of SM's phone in order to access her phone activity? How much can cell phone records reveal? Not individual texts surely?

Actually, yes, the individual texts are there in the Cloud - at least for a while, depending on provider. They are encrypted so that in theory, they are safe and and privately stored.

180 days is the storage time listed in the article below, which also says that all it takes for LE to get them is a subpoena.

No Warrant, No Problem: How the Government Can Get Your Digital Data — ProPublica

So yep, with or without phone, text messages are available for 180 days to LE. Must be a fascinating morass in this case.

Facebook messages are also available by subpoena, but I don't know how long they keep them.

Perhaps one of our lawyers will weigh in, but I believe these subpoenas are only available to LE and in criminal cases.

I was asked to come over to this thread to post some technology information. I gather that Suzanne's brother is organizing a search. Lidar technology is available that can be mounted on both drones and small aircraft. Large areas scanned from the air by Lidar produce a ground terrain map that has the option to remove all trees and vegetation, leaving only the ground and objects on it. It has been used with great success in locating lost cities in jungles and old forgotten fortifications here in the US and Canada that have been overgrown. It has now become a Forensic tool to scan crime scenes, air crash sites, etc. This could be helpful in checking areas where the ground may have been disturbed or where there may be dirt mounds from a buried body. Most areas of the country have one or more ground mapping services that have Lidar on aircraft, drones or both.

I am not feeling it. If you’re in a car and attempting to socially distance, you would keep your window down and wear a mask. Sit front and back, yes. But if you’re that concerned, you do the other things as well.
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
Per COVID, this is how I handled a situation just 2 weeks ago: I had to pick up two young hikers that are friends of mine maybe 1 1/2 hours away. It's COVID. I had them sit, masked, in the back, so they were reasonably distanced (maybe 4-5'; guidance would be 6' even if masked). My car has a good air system, but we also stopped to let air through the car. If someone needed water or had a scratchy throat, we had to stop, and they had to get out.

Driving with open windows on these hi-tech, wind-tunneled, cars is very problematic when you're on the highway at speed: it can be hard to control the car. So, this was not an option.

I survived.

Note, however, that other folks might have handled it differently. Everyone has different ideas about guidance. Another responsible adult may have handled it exactly how MG and her passenger handled it. They were on a long drive. They may be on the lower end of the risk spectrum....

Last edited:
I was asked to come over to this thread to post some technology information. I gather that Suzanne's brother is organizing a search. Lidar technology is available that can be mounted on both drones and small aircraft. Large areas scanned from the air by Lidar produce a ground terrain map that has the option to remove all trees and vegetation, leaving only the ground and objects on it. It has been used with great success in locating lost cities in jungles and old forgotten fortifications here in the US and Canada that have been overgrown. It has now become a Forensic tool to scan crime scenes, air crash sites, etc. This could be helpful in checking areas where the ground may have been disturbed or where there may be dirt mounds from a buried body. Most areas of the country have one or more ground mapping services that have Lidar on aircraft, drones or both.

Is this something LE would have used already.
It might be an idea to chat with Andy and speak to him about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk