Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

I can't recall or find any information on why the state agreed to a deal with Adams for a life sentence. Wasn't that right at the start of the penalty phase? It was a death penalty case but all of a sudden there was a deal for LWOP.

Does anyone know why such a deal was agreed to, or under what circumstances a deal like that would happen? Usually it would be if the perp agrees to give valuable information but I don't recall anything like that in this case.

Slightly off topic, but I want to ask: I've been thinking about writing a book about this whole debacle. My question is - are there any legal rammifications as the court could go to appeal? Or could one of the families sue?
I am not in the US so I am a unfamiliar with the legal spiderweb that could be invovlved. I've seen people have written kindle type books self published on amazon about this case, but they all seem to be from before the trial.
Is it libellious to speculate about this case in a book basically?

I can't recall or find any information on why the state agreed to a deal with Adams for a life sentence. Wasn't that right at the start of the penalty phase? It was a death penalty case but all of a sudden there was a deal for LWOP.

Does anyone know why such a deal was agreed to, or under what circumstances a deal like that would happen? Usually it would be if the perp agrees to give valuable information but I don't recall anything like that in this case.
I think it was agreed to on the defense's part because of the large amount of evidence against Zach, including eyewitness testimony by a co-defendant. I think Zach, believing a guilty plea to be imminent, wanted to avoid the death penalty so opted for LWOP.

IIRC, the Bobos agreed to the plea deal. I don't think they wanted Zach executed, and just wanted an end to the trial and to avoid appeals. Come to think of it, wasn't part of the plea deal that he wouldn't be able to appeal the case? Maybe I remembered that wrong (I could be thinking of another case). IDK.

I believe it was the Bobo's decision, against the State's wishes. They had made plans to move and did not want to come back for endless hearings and appeals. They also wanted Clint to get on with his life without her Murder hanging over his head. They also knew an execution may not take place during their lifetimes.

JMO

Jason Autry, the third and final defendant accused of murdering Holly Bobo has finished a federal prison sentence for a different crime. But he'll remain in prison for now -- waiting to see if a plea deal will set him free.

Before he was arrested in the murder of Bobo, Autry was in prison on a federal gun crime. His eight year sentence on that crime is up.
Suspect in Holly Bobo murder finishes sentence, will remain in prison

Not long after her daughter’s murder, Karen Bobo approached Wysocki about getting involved in her daughter’s disappearance. Within a year and working pro bono because it was such a high-profile case, Wysocki and her team had identified four main suspects – Zach Adams, his brother Dylan (who was sentenced to 35 years), Shayne Austin (who committed suicide in Florida in 2015) and Jason Autry (arrested and testified for the state).

A press release was issued on May 17, 2013, with this headline: ‘TBI determines non-profit “Without Warning” did not conduct investigation on missing West Tennessee woman to law enforcement standards.’ It got worse from there.

“They came and intimidated and they came to the house and took things and subpoenaed things and harassed and harassed and harassed,” Wysocki recalls. “They told me not to speed –you know, I’m thinking, I haven’t done anything.

“And, like hello, do you find that a little intimidating? So I’m scared I’m being followed by them. And you know, what, are you going to argue with them at that point?”

“And until the trial happened, I kept my mouth shut about the way we were treated. And they wanted me,” Wysocki adds. “Once that case went to trial and they saw what we were talking about, and they had to admit that they lied on the stand, it changed everything. So everybody turned to me and goes, ‘oh, you were right, you were telling the truth.’ Yes, I was.”
Law enforcement, media often resist private help

Jason Autry will be released from jail soon he just plead guilty to the last of the charges and they gave him time served no probation or anything from the state of Tennessee. He will however be on supervised probation with the Federal government for a length of time after his release. I cannot believe he's just going to walk free for everything he had a hand in doing to Holly. I don't understand how that is even possible.

Holly Bobo case: Jason Autry pleads guilty to lesser charges.

Jason Autry will be released from jail soon he just plead guilty to the last of the charges and they gave him time served no probation or anything from the state of Tennessee. He will however be on supervised probation with the Federal government for a length of time after his release. I cannot believe he's just going to walk free for everything he had a hand in doing to Holly. I don't understand how that is even possible.

Holly Bobo case: Jason Autry pleads guilty to lesser charges.
This totally disgusts me. Not only am I sorry for Holly but I will be praying for her family and friends.
something is totally wrong when it takes longer to find out what happened to a victim than what time the criminals are sentenced to.
unbelievable.

A bit more and video:

Man Accepts Plea Deal In Holly Bobo Case

"The final suspect charged in the Holly Bobo murder case is free to walk after making a plea deal.

Jason Autry pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and facilitation of especially aggravated kidnapping charges.

He made the deal in exchange for his testimony against Zach Adams in the case.

Autry was serving an eight year sentence on a drug charge when he was arrested for Bobo's murder.

He will be released once the deal is processed.

Bobo was 20 years old when she was killed in 2011.

Authorities found her partial remains in Decatur County in 2014."

Last edited:
It's a "deal with the devil for the greater good of securing an important conviction," is how the DA in Colorado, Dan May, terms these. Dan May had to offer a lenient sentence to a co-defendant in exchange for truthful testimony of the only eyewitness and helper to the disposal of Kelsey Berreth, in a case he successfully prosecuted last year, in order to get Kelsey's killer sentenced to LWOP.

Justice is really not served unless Autry gets a life sentence too.

With Holly Bobo, I'm convinced he was just as complicit as the rest, perhaps even more so, but he was allowed to give whatever story he wanted with no consequences or way to be forced to tell the truth. So he pointed the blame away from self, gave the DA a story he liked, and was given a free pass. I doubt the prosecution believed he was really telling the truth, but he was convenient to their case and ability to convict someone, so they didn't care.

His claims he was pointing the finger at others because he was a changed man and all that nonsense were bad theater.

Hopefully the penalty for this sort of new stuff, in light of his priors, can be to lock him away once and for all. For the safety of those in Tennessee, that's where he needs to be.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but has anyone else read Terry Dicus's book that came out in September and focuses on Terry Britt? I'm about halfway done now. It's on Kindle.

Anyone know what county in TN he is in? I'll see if I can access it & find out when his next court date is.

TIA!
animated-smileys-christmas-033.gif

Forgive me if this has already been brought up, but has anyone else read Terry Dicus's book that came out in September and focuses on Terry Britt? I'm about halfway done now. It's on Kindle.

I have not read it. What are your thoughts?

I have not read it. What are your thoughts?
I was hoping to discuss with others who had, but it's basically the same things we knew from the trial. Dicus makes a case against Britt.

It's very poorly written grammatically, but that's obviously not the point. If I knew nothing else about the case I'd be convinced it was Britt.

I followed religiously (daily) and watched the trial but have admittedly dropped off since and haven't kept up with all the hearings and updates.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back