Found Deceased OH - Braylen Noble, 3, non-verbal, Toledo, 4 Sept 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
TOLEDO, Ohio — Braylen Noble's family has set up a donation fund in which the proceeds will go to cover funeral expenses and fund autism awareness.

Braylen Noble's paternal grandfather, Jeffrey Holloway, said people who would like to donate can go to any Fifth Third Bank branch and give to Braylen Noble.

Holloway added the family is making funeral arrangements Monday at 2 p.m. and he will give more information afterward regarding how they will involve the public.

The grandfather said right now, the family is trying to hold up. He is not putting blame on anyone, he just wants to know what happened. He is leaving the investigation to law enforcement and just wants Braylen to be laid to rest, he said.

How can I donate to help cover Braylen Noble's funeral? | wtol.com

I really don’t understand the fell outta window story and why she’d say that unless she expected trauma , I mean heck he snuck out would be easier when my soon was 2 knew enough to sneak down the stairs with a broom and use that to take the hook off the door. Recently I was at a friends who has a non verbal Down syndrome child and saje can sneak out with the best of them. She could of been on the balcony and the gramma went to the washroom and he snuck out would of been my first thought not he fell out a window that story that just made it not feel right

His disabilities might have meant he would have been unable to sneak out,navigate the stairs and a heavy outside door.

Maybe someone left the door open but is not admitting to it.

That would at least be a plausible accident that many parents could relate to or understand. Lots of parents have had a child who rolled off the bed or a changing table and the child cried hysterically for a few minutes, even if they weren’t physically hurt. Why spin such an unbelievable story that no one believes and is almost impossible to have happened as stated? 3 floors, 2.5 floors, 3 feet, doesn’t matter, majority of children, especially one who is unable to communicate and has a known history of extreme crying, are going to be crying and looking for mommy, not wandering very far.

I really don’t understand the fell outta window story and why she’d say that unless she expected trauma , I mean heck he snuck out would be easier when my soon was 2 knew enough to sneak down the stairs with a broom and use that to take the hook off the door. Recently I was at a friends who has a non verbal Down syndrome child and saje

Another possibility is that grandma may have inadvertently thrown a monkey wrench into this. I DON'T NAME WHOEVER DID SOMETHING that ended with child in the pool. But let's say hypothetically that he was already deceased and ...just theory...his body already somewhere but NOT in apt. A "circumstance" will be figured out soon...but...
Grandma doesn't live in apt.
But she does live downstairs from grandchild!
Knock knock! It's me! Come to join you!
Uh... Braylen is in his room so she cant see him now, he had a stomachache so whatever adults are present can visit quietly. Its so hard to get Braylen to stop crying you know, and take a nap.
But grandma doesn't move along.
It is almost lunchtime after all. She'll stay for lunch, she'll wait to see her grandbaby.
And she is sitting in the living room.
She isn't. leaving.
Just SPECULATION, but maybe grandma got impatient and someone else knew at some point grandma would insist...
He's gone! Oh how could he be gone?!
He must have gone out window!

That is certainly a possibility and then after a quick look outside, perhaps with others helping, grandma then insists LE are called.
Perhaps a different story for him being missing was going to be used.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that it was grandma who made the 911 call, not Braylen's mother. The story about Braylen going out of the window came from her mouth and the mother later corrected it to *maybe* he fell or jumped out of the window.

The disadvantage of having someone else call police is that it's hard to control what that person will say to the dispatcher.

His disabilities might have meant he would have been unable to sneak out,navigate the stairs and a heavy outside door.

That is certainly a possibility and then after a quick look outside, perhaps with others helping grandma insists LE are called.
Perhaps a different story for him being missing was going to be used.
Yeah, I've wondered if it's like a locked room puzzle. We've talked about grandma would have seen baby if he went out the door, all I figure is that noontime is not possible that no one would see! The TV showed all these people there.
The moves all had to be at night. The first one, with the window story got forced by someone showing up.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that it was grandma who made the 911 call, not Braylen's mother. The story about Braylen going out of the window came from her mouth and the mother later corrected it to *maybe* he fell or jumped out of the window.

The disadvantage of having someone else call police is that it's hard to control what that person will say to the dispatcher.
Yes, I believe Someone Else said oh where is he must have fell out window and grandma believed it.

That would at least be a plausible accident that many parents could relate to or understand. Lots of parents have had a child who rolled off the bed or a changing table and the child cried hysterically for a few minutes, even if they weren’t physically hurt. Why spin such an unbelievable story that no one believes and is almost impossible to have happened as stated? 3 floors, 2.5 floors, 3 feet, doesn’t matter, majority of children, especially one who is unable to communicate and has a known history of extreme crying, are going to be crying and looking for mommy, not wandering very far.
I remember Casey Anthony detectives had tried repeatedly telling her (paraphrase) Look, accidents happen, they fall off furniture they climb in pools, they eat or drink bad stuff. You can say it, it's not as bad as the other possibility.
But she painted herself into a corner; the longer she stuck with her lies the less chance to just give it up.

I was on the fence until Braylen was found in the pool.

I heard the 911 call and IMO I'm still unsure if someone said 'I killed him, but I can relate.

I woke up one morning to find my 6 week old son dead. I was screaming on 000 'I've killed my baby' over and over.
When asked about it during the interview by police I told them the truth - I'm his mother I'm meant to keep him alive, I failed.

If one of my kids went missing now I would probably say the same thing. I would also be acting a lot different than Braylens mother has been.

Anyway I wanted to share this in case it helps with any case that may come up.

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I can't even begin to tell you the amount of my heart I am sending to you, for what you have had to live through

And yes, it does help, because where most of us feel we can't make judgement, you're unfortunately qualified to tell us we're right

In the remotest possibility he did fall and remain uninjured,he would have either been too shocked to move or would have been crying loudly.
Given his known disabilities,he would not have been able to move far without being seen.

Something that keeps coming to mind throughout this case is my experience that children on the spectrum don't experience pain like we'd expect them to. My nephew had a broken arm, we witnessed the incident where his arm got broken but he didn't display any pain so thought he was fine. He didn't show any pain through the next 7 days while using his arm normally, until my sister thought it had a weird curve so took him for an x-ray. He had a complete, straight-through, humerus fracture.

Only since that experience I've been working with children with disabilities and learned that it's a common aspect of many conditions that pain doesn't compute as we'd expect.

OK so I've regained my suspiciousness and my cynicism is back, with help from very logical posters posting about the impossibility of various scenarios that might exclude foul play. I'm still open to gross negligence though and like others have suggested, drowning in a bathtub as a possibility. I'm still not sure though why falling out a 3rd story window was created as a cover story when so many other possibilities would seem more believeable. Covering up injuries, possibly, for sure. But from the get go it seemed implausible.

As always with these types of case, I'll wonder (even though we're at this point not allowed to sleuth), did Braylen's mom have a man in her life? We know the bio dad was not in the immediate picture.

You are sitting in your comfortable, innocent situation, with all the time in the world on your side. A guilty person would not think quite so rationally

Also, in an accident, if you're relaxed you're far less likely to acquire an injury. A 3 year old autistic child is unlikely to sense the danger of falling out of a window, so the body would be relaxed, and less likely to receive injury

Yeah, I've wondered if it's like a locked room puzzle. We've talked about grandma would have seen baby if he went out the door, all I figure is that noontime is not possible that no one would see! The TV showed all these people there.
The moves all had to be at night. The first one, with the window story got forced by someone showing up.
There is another possibility I am trying to get my mind around. The balcony where mom was hanging out during all this is more private than his bedroom window (I think, from what I've seen). Sorry, I'm tired and can't get this thought to come out coherently within TOS.

There is another possibility I am trying to get my mind around. The balcony where mom was hanging out during all this is more private than his bedroom window (I think, from what I've seen). Sorry, I'm tired and can't get this thought to come out coherently within TOS.

Are you thinking that he may have “fallen” from the balcony? While either alive or already deceased, and perhaps been caught by something/one? That’s an interesting thought.

That's possible. I would mention though Braylen had fear issues and balance so I don't feel he could even do the stairs part.

Another possibility is that grandma may have inadvertently thrown a monkey wrench into this. I DON'T NAME WHOEVER DID SOMETHING that ended with child in the pool. But let's say hypothetically that he was already deceased and ...just theory...his body already somewhere but NOT in apt. A "circumstance" will be figured out soon...but...
Grandma doesn't live in apt.
But she does live downstairs from grandchild!
Knock knock! It's me! Come to join you!
Uh... Braylen is in his room so she cant see him now, he had a stomachache so whatever adults are present can visit quietly. Its so hard to get Braylen to stop crying you know, and take a nap.
But grandma doesn't move along.
It is almost lunchtime after all. She'll stay for lunch, she'll wait to see her grandbaby.
And she is sitting in the living room.
She isn't. leaving.
Just SPECULATION, but maybe grandma got impatient and someone else knew at some point grandma would insist...
He's gone! Oh how could he be gone?!
He must have gone out window!
Eureka

Quote RSBM.

I guess I'm thinking two things.
1) It didn't actually happen to Braylen because virtually no one would take that risk. That leaves what as the most likely scenario? He was not relocated recently, he was missed by human (and search dog) error somehow?
2) What kind of person would move him to the pool days later? The main perpetrator? A co-conspiritor who really never wanted to be involved in the initial scenario but felt pressured to be at the time?

But I don't know that there are any past cases similar enough anyway. I am overanalyzing.
I don't think he would have been missed. If it had only been one search there then maybe but it was searched by many different groups.

OK so I've regained my suspiciousness and my cynicism is back, with help from very logical posters posting about the impossibility of various scenarios that might exclude foul play. I'm still open to gross negligence though and like others have suggested, drowning in a bathtub as a possibility. I'm still not sure though why falling out a 3rd story window was created as a cover story when so many other possibilities would seem more believeable. Covering up injuries, possibly, for sure. But from the get go it seemed implausible.

As always with these types of case, I'll wonder (even though we're at this point not allowed to sleuth), did Braylen's mom have a man in her life? We know the bio dad was not in the immediate picture.

I want to know about possible man in the picture as well.
I want to know when he had scheduled therapy, and did he miss during the week before he was reported missing ?
(HIPPAA laws will prevent that being disclosed yet).
I want to know if there was any questions from med staff about his weight?
I want to know if LE on the scene first just started outside or checked the apartment interior?

Yes, I agree that it doesn't look difficult for a three yr old to get through the gap, follow along the top of the block wall to the steps and get into the pool. I guess we need to be assured that the pool was thoroughly searched. It wasn't drained, was it? I didn't read anything about draining the pool for the search, but I may have missed that.
It was half drained and not very deep. The photo of the pool shows it was clear water.

It was half drained and not very deep. The photo of the pool shows it was clear water.

Ugh. Clear water, not very deep, searched already, no pool cover, and fenced off, sure makes it unlikely he was missed.

One more possible scenerio ... he managed to escape his own apartment and someone else in the apartment block killed him.

Kids with disabilities, who require lots of care and who cry a lot seem to be vulnerable to violence. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin