GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Where his phone was found makes sense as Wade Ave gets them back on the interstate. Wonder why Danville tho?
And what is the point of all this with the RR abandoned? Thrill crime?

Regarding Danville - it could be the place were the perps or a chop shop is located.

I’m honestly very concerned about a potential sighting of the car, parked shortly after sundown (8:30pm) in Blair’s which is a remote town just a few minutes north of Danville. Nothing good seems like it could come from that scenario. Especially when you consider the car was driven through Danville to Blairs, parked, and then returns to Danville where it was found the next day.

another option for Danville is that is a route to drive up North into PA or NY. It’s less traveled than I85/I95, has less highway patrol presence, no toll booths and would be the route you’d take if you were trying to get to NY and not be detected. Perhaps the news coverage blew everything up before the perps got far away and they abandoned the crime/car.

Last edited:
Yes, assuming that it wasn’t removed. I was reading that the onboard computer/gps equipment is typically the most valuable for a car that is being stripped down for parts.

If that Rover was found intact, that really doesn't jibe with a crime where car theft is the motive.

Pros are going to steal the vehicle, drive it to a chop shop nearby, and get that puppy stripped asap.

They're not going to take it for a drive across state lines, stopping along the way, then park it and leave it out for LE to find.

If that vehicle wasn't stripped down at all, then I'm really side-eyeing the narrative re: the Craigslist meet up.

It would be interesting to know where/when the burner phone FIRST pinged, and where it was located when the texts were exchanged with AB's phone about the Craigslist ad.

When was the last verified sighting of AB?

JMO.

Justin Fernando Merritt, of Danville, Virginia, was arrested Monday in the disappearance of William “Andy” Banks.

Merritt faces charges of robbery, larceny of motor vehicle, and possession of a firearm by convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle.

More @ above link with Merritt's mugshot. WS/TOS

I was hoping for confirmation of arrest but it hits hard. Andy is still not located and no further info at this time.

JUSTICE4ANDY

Raleigh police said Tuesday Justin Fernando Merritt, 34, was taken into custody in Danville, Virginia, and charged with robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle.

And previously
"Two men charged in storage unit thefts - Mar 28, 2013"
Justin Merritt was also charged with possession of a firearm after being a convicted felon and possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.

So I'm assuming his firearms are stolen or someone bought for him, b/c how can a convicted felon keep having a firearm.

Raleigh police said Tuesday Justin Fernando Merritt, 34, was taken into custody in Danville, Virginia, and charged with robbery, larceny of a motor vehicle and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle.

And previously
"Two men charged in storage unit thefts - Mar 28, 2013"
Justin Merritt was also charged with possession of a firearm after being a convicted felon and possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.

So I'm assuming his firearms are stolen or someone bought for him, b/c how can a convicted felon keep having a firearm.
only the good guys (and women) get their firearms legally!
Obviously this guy had to have an accomplice as well to either drive him to Raleigh or drive a car back to Va. Find that person and one will tell the details of the crime and hopefully the location of AB. :(

I'm sure the police are also looking for the cousin of Justin Fernando Merritt. One of the two or both know where the missing man is.

Two men charged in storage unit thefts

So this guy was already a convicted felon unable to legally be in possession of a firearm in 2013.

7 1/2 years later he's out and at it again, and worse, possibly.

Hoping that Andy found a way to get away and guessing they've checked for any CC charges or ATM withdrawals, given that the target car was seemingly abandoned.

I have a friend who buys and sells expensive watches -- if a personal sale is requested he asks for a photo of driver's license and specifies that the meetup takes place in front of a local police station. He says it weeds out some possible quick sales but also adds a few layers of extra safety.

What an awful thing to happen to a good guy.

Justin Fernando Merritt, of Danville, Virginia, was arrested Monday in the disappearance of William “Andy” Banks.

Merritt faces charges of robbery, larceny of motor vehicle, and possession of a firearm by convicted felon in connection with the stolen vehicle.

I was hoping for confirmation of arrest but it hits hard. Andy is still not located and no further info at this time.

JUSTICE4ANDY

This guy looks like bad news.

Very cold eyes. Dead eyes.

The fact that AB hasn't been located does not bode well for his safe recovery.
Man, I was really hoping against hope for a voluntary disappearance in this case.

Sad turn of events…as well as an infuriating one.
I'm sick unto death of these violent morons who rob the world of more than vehicles, taking precious lives that matter as well.

As a matter of potential interest, both NC and VA have the death penalty.
If the worst has happened here, murder during the commission of another felony is a capital offense.

So, if this creep has harmed AB, he really IS a moron in the fullest sense of the word.

If AB has been murdered, this perp needs to swing.
Or fry.
Or whatever they do to rid the world of evil, insensate animals these days.

JMO.

Last edited:

JUSTICE4ANDY
oh no - a firearm???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member