Found Deceased ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, vehicle found, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 #2

From the article:

Falmouth Police Chief John Kilbride said although no witnesses observed Heinig jump off the bridge on Middle Road in Falmouth, there is a witness that saw a young female fitting her description walking toward the bridge.

“We have reason to believe Anneliese was distraught and may have taken her life," Kilbride said.

Heinig's family released the following statement, thanking first responders and asking the public to please help them bring Anneliese home:

We regret not being able to attend the press conference today. The last several months have been very difficult and as family, we are still seeking closure to Anneliese’s disappearance and are asking for your help. We are deeply grateful for all of the efforts made by the Falmouth Police Department and all of the other agencies that have worked so hard to help find her. Now we are appealing, once again, to the community to help us. If you remember seeing Anneliese in the Portland area early on the morning of November 26th, please contact Falmouth PD. She was last seen dressed in all black - jacket, pants, boots and hat. While it is the season for folks to be spending time on and near the water we ask that you please keep an eye out for anything unusual, as minor as it may appear. Every effort is greatly appreciated.

Boaters asked to be on lookout for Maine woman missing since November, as police revamp their search

Joining Falmouth police in the search this week are staff from the Maine Marine Patrol and the Brunswick Police and Fire departments, along with Falmouth fire crews. It took time to organize, Kilbride said, and this was the first week when staff from all agencies or organizations could come together in Falmouth.
“I know Marine Patrol has been extremely busy up and down the coast,” he said. “We got a commitment from them this week, so that’s why we’re going to do it the best we can, when we can.”

Kilbride met reporters Tuesday at the mouth of the Presumpscot on Middle Road, the nearest point to the overpass where police believe she might have jumped into the water.

upload_2020-8-12_0-59-39.jpeg

A new flyer has been created as well.

Falmouth police renew search for missing Richmond woman

Search renewed for woman who disappeared in Falmouth last November

An additional link from today

The search for Heinig resumed in April after the ice began to retreat from the river, but no fresh clues emerged, according to the Press Herald. Police have held out hope that increased boating and swimming traffic along the lower Presumpscot River would turn up fresh clues.

I find it really odd that LE and family are encouraging people to look in the water for her after nine months. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but I don't think I've seen that before. I believe that Anneliese's father is in the environmental marine business. Maybe he has some insight regarding tides or currents. They certainly seem convinced she is in the water. If so, I hope this prompt helps to find her. They must be in a lot of pain with no answers after nine long months.

If Anneliese went in the water in November what would they be looking for 10 months later? I don't want to be graphic, just honestly wondering what they are looking for.

Not for the squeamish: this study says a few weeks in the water and there is nothing left to find.
Here’s What Happens to a Dead Body at The Bottom of The Sea
I did not realize decomposition would be so fast. I'm guessing the water in Anneliese s case is not as deep as the 900 feet cited in the article plus she was presumably clothed. Those factors might play a role. That being said, the article was discouraging but thanks for posting it.

If Anneliese went in the water in November what would they be looking for 10 months later? I don't want to be graphic, just honestly wondering what they are looking for.

Not for the squeamish: this study says a few weeks in the water and there is nothing left to find.
Here’s What Happens to a Dead Body at The Bottom of The Sea
I could be wrong but Laci Peterson was murdered in December, and if I remember right, her body was found in the San Francisco Bay in April.

I don’t know if I am way off for thinking this, but it could be possible that the person seen walking away from the vehicle was not actually Anneliese, rather someone abandoning her car there to make it look like she was going to jump off the bridge.

Last edited:

“'We have reason to believe Anneliese was distraught and may have taken her life,' Kilbride said."

I think this is the first time we've seen suicide acknowledged as a potential reason for AH's disappearance (outside of social media and random speculation).

"While it is the season for folks to be spending time on and near the water we ask that you please keep an eye out for anything unusual, as minor as it may appear."

I also think its interesting that the family basically acknowledges the likelihood that AH is in the water with the comment above.

In both cases, there was pushback before on both points. Maybe the truth is coming out. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back