Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not quite sure the penalties they are currently facing would result in imprisonment for the rest of their lives. (But, I wish that was the case).

"The felony charges filed on Tuesday each carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison and/or a fine of $10,000."

There was a good post on this a couple of weeks ago. I believe each charge carried a maximum sentence of 20 years, plus five years for some other aspect, so a total of about 60 years each for Mr. and Mrs. Daybell. I will try to find that to determine the source. I thought it was Nate, but let me go look.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Wow that’s interesting. I’ll keep that link handy. So IMO, LVD may be throwing CD under the bus.
BBM. I think it might be the opposite. Chad wants a separate trial because he'll try to separate himself from Lori's actions. She wants to stay glued to him. She's using her married Daybell name while Chad's attorney is consistently addressing her as a Vallow.

I'm not quite sure the penalties they are currently facing would result in imprisonment for the rest of their lives. (But, I wish that was the case).

"The felony charges filed on Tuesday each carry a maximum sentence of five years in prison and/or a fine of $10,000."

Lori Vallow, Chad Daybell face new conspiracy charges | ktvb.com
I think you are correct. Chad could get 5 years MAX for each of the four current charges, which amounts to 20 years IF sentences are run consecutively. So the best scenario is 20 years for Chad, but it could be much less. Lori only has 2 felony charges. If they both got the maximum, she'd be out before him.

Last edited:

In addition to the notice of no objection, Means filed a motion to allow Lori Daybell to wear street clothes to upcoming hearings rather than jail clothing. Means says in the motion he’s previously discussed the issue with District Judge Dane H. Watkins Jr. but did not elaborate on the reasoning. Lori has appeared at recent hearings wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt.

Watkins granted the request and said Lori can wear street clothes of her choice as long as they are “solely provided” by her.

What's that mean? No one can bring her clothes? Jmo

In addition to the notice of no objection, Means filed a motion to allow Lori Daybell to wear street clothes to upcoming hearings rather than jail clothing. Means says in the motion he’s previously discussed the issue with District Judge Dane H. Watkins Jr. but did not elaborate on the reasoning. Lori has appeared at recent hearings wearing a long-sleeved blue shirt.

Watkins granted the request and said Lori can wear street clothes of her choice as long as they are “solely provided” by her.

What's that mean? No one can bring her clothes? Jmo
I think the judge was just clarifying the court would not be footing the bill for her new wardrobe. A family member can arrange for her personal clothing to to left with her attorney

LV and her lawyer, MM, are OK with a combined trial while CD and his lawyer, JP, do not want a combined trial.

We've seen that MM uses the name Daybell for LV while JP uses the name Vallow for her.

JP is a seasoned defense lawyer while MM advertises to specialize in family law, not criminal law.

JP has motioned for all charges to be dropped while MM has not, as far as I know. MM's latest motion is about what clothes LV can wear at trial.

If the trials are not combined, so far CD goes first. According to Scott Reisch, the first at trial has the advantage. JP wanted and got a preliminary hearing while MM waived it for LV so maybe MM was attempting to go first. Just a guess.

LV has with an investigation ongoing in AZ with the murder of CV whileCD has not been implicated with that. CD may be suspected in the death of his previous wife, TD with results of her autopsy un-released at this time. I don't know if either is suspected in the death of AxC since so far his death has been deemed to be natural, however the FBI was at his autopsy. Stay tuned as there may be more to come with all of the above.

CD has his kids still around, a home, and a possible career as a so-called author or speaker, CD/JP may figure he still has something to live for. I believe CD has whatever money is left while LV has close to nothing since prior to hooking up with CD, she was living off of insurance money, Social Security fraud, etc. Other than MP (who has her own problems) and the Cox clan, LV has nothing and no one. I don't count CR since he alienated himself from her a while ago.

JP's job is to defend CD and no one else. I'd guess that JP has educated his client with the reality and history of LV and that she's simply bad news with husbands. JP is obviously distancing his client away from LV and depending on further evidence and how the trial goes, I still believe CD/JP will flip or at minimum, the CD/JP team will blame AxC. As we know, LV was glued to her brother thus making it easy to implicate her involvement with him. At CD's preliminary, JP asked MG if LV and AxC had a 'special' relationship which led me to believe he have been probing for or implicating possible incest. Maybe I'm off base on this one but it seemed like that to me.

Of course, this is all based on my observations and the evidence that has been disclosed so far and with evidence that is probably yet to come plus the complexity of this case, this can all rapidly change.

LV and her lawyer, MM, are OK with a combined trial while CD and his lawyer, JP, do not want a combined trial.

We've seen that MM uses the name Daybell for LV while JP uses the name Vallow for her.

JP is a seasoned defense lawyer while MM advertises to specialize in family law, not criminal law.

JP has motioned for all charges to be dropped while MM has not, as far as I know. MM's latest motion is about what clothes LV can wear at trial.

If the trials are not combined, so far CD goes first. According to Scott Reisch, the first at trial has the advantage. JP wanted and got a preliminary hearing while MM waived it for LV so maybe MM was attempting to go first. Just a guess.

LV has with an investigation ongoing in AZ with the murder of CV whileCD has not been implicated with that. CD may be suspected in the death of his previous wife, TD with results of her autopsy un-released at this time. I don't know if either is suspected in the death of AxC since so far his death has been deemed to be natural, however the FBI was at his autopsy. Stay tuned as there may be more to come with all of the above.

CD has his kids still around, a home, and a possible career as a so-called author or speaker, CD/JP may figure he still has something to live for. I believe CD has whatever money is left while LV has close to nothing since prior to hooking up with CD, she was living off of insurance money, Social Security fraud, etc. Other than MP (who has her own problems) and the Cox clan, LV has nothing and no one. I don't count CR since he alienated himself from her a while ago.

JP's job is to defend CD and no one else. I'd guess that JP has educated his client with the reality and history of LV and that she's simply bad news with husbands. JP is obviously distancing his client away from LV and depending on further evidence and how the trial goes, I still believe CD/JP will flip or at minimum, the CD/JP team will blame AxC. As we know, LV was glued to her brother thus making it easy to implicate her involvement with him. At CD's preliminary, JP asked MG if LV and AxC had a 'special' relationship which led me to believe he have been probing for or implicating possible incest. Maybe I'm off base on this one but it seemed like that to me.

Of course, this is all based on my observations and the evidence that has been disclosed so far and with evidence that is probably yet to come plus the complexity of this case, this can all rapidly change.
Also according to Scott Reisch, JP's objection to joinder wasn't well-argued. Scott expected MM to object, too. Based on that, it seems more likely to me that a joint trial will be granted.

Scott said that Chad was legally in a better position than Lori. I don't know about that, since he's the one with more charges. Lori's attorney's website slogan is "Don't get thrown under the bus...". It seem like he's trying to prevent it from happening.

We don't know if Lori still enjoys support of her sister and parents or if Chad's children support him nowadays. I'm wondering who's paying for Lori's defense ATM. Can Chad cut her funds off? They are legally married after all.

I doubt going the incest route will work, unless proof exists. Chad's distancing from Lori won't work in a joint trial. I hope there's electronic evidence showing that they plotted the murders together.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who or what first requested them to be tried together?

Im trying to understand what started the initial request to have their cases tried together.
Like was it the court process itself or was it either CD or LV side that started this request?

If anyone knows. Thanks in advance. Been trying to catch up the past few days.

Im trying to understand what started the initial request to have their cases tried together.
Like was it the court process itself or was it either CD or LV side that started this request?

The prosecution requested a joinder of the two cases quoting judicial economy.

From September 2nd
Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix

13 hrs ·

BREAKING: Special Prosecutor Rob Wood & State of Idaho motion to join Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow’s cases together.
Official motions for joinder below.
“Charges against defendant & the co-defendant allege they participated in same act or series of acts & conspired to commit the alleged act or series of acts.”
Both sets of remains of Vallow’s kids Tylee & JJ were found on Daybell’s property (6/9/20).
So far, Daybell has pleaded not guilty to all four charges against him and asked for them to be dismissed.

118597761_1697132653783078_8412451593151048478_o.jpg

118621002_1697132693783074_5236731321115735185_o.jpg

Here’s the request from the prosecutor if you like reading court documents.

https://coi.isc.idaho.gov/docs/case/CR22-20-838/Memorandum in support of Motion for Joinder.pdf

It will be hard to be on that jury.
Chad's ex wife's died under suspicious circumstances, he had the children's dead bodies in his backyard. Lori let someone kill her kids then lied about their well-being & Multiple DEAD ex husbands. MG lied to the police about JJs whereabouts. MG may be spilling the beans now, but a reliable witness??? Not as long as she still believes in visions and people being 'chosen' for life, death or zombiehood

This may be pedantic, but let's remember that Tammy was not Chad's ex-wife, she was very much his wife at the time of her death.

When Chad runs of money for his private attorney, is he entitled to a public defender if he owns property?
https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1306028397294833667

Justin Lum
@jlumfox10

KEY COURT DATES: Chad Daybell appears in court again on 10/29 & 11/24. Remember, his attorney motioned to dismiss the charges against Daybell. There’s also a motion by State to join both Daybell & Lori Vallow’s cases. The change of venue motion will be heard 11/24. #fox10phoenix

5:33 PM · Sep 15, 2020·

https://twitter.com/jlumfox10/status/1306028721749413893
Working to confirm if the motion for joinder will be heard in court on 10/29. Lori Vallow’s attorney does not object to it unlike Daybell’s attorney.
Why is Chad's address on the Notice of hearing listed as Springville, UT?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members