UT UT - Shelby Campbell, 29, did not return from hike, North Ogden, 8 Sep 2020

wnk

Reaction score
5f5baf6a90951.image.png

The North Ogden Divide Trail is shown in this April 22, 2020, photo.

He said searchers found the woman's car in the trailhead parking lot at the top of the divide.

The search resumed at 8 a.m. Wednesday, and again Thursday, aided by a state helicopter, Ryan said.

Weber County Search and Rescue members searched extensively on the north and south sides of the divide, he said.

A scaled-back search will continue for several days, Ryan said.
Searchers comb North Ogden Divide for hiker missing since night of high winds

5f5baf6a90951.image.png

The North Ogden Divide Trail is shown in this April 22, 2020, photo.

He said searchers found the woman's car in the trailhead parking lot at the top of the divide.

The search resumed at 8 a.m. Wednesday, and again Thursday, aided by a state helicopter, Ryan said.

Weber County Search and Rescue members searched extensively on the north and south sides of the divide, he said.

A scaled-back search will continue for several days, Ryan said.
Searchers comb North Ogden Divide for hiker missing since night of high winds
It looks pretty rugged, I'm trying to imagine walking along that trail in high winds. Urgh. Another one to add to the missing while hiking category. :(

I'm in that area and very familiar with it as a "car drop".
It's unlikely that anyone would have willingly gone there with the storm about the start in a few hours.
Agree with this. Anyone familiar with this area knows the north Ogden divide is a dangerous place within itself, add on top of that the hurricane force winds we had that day and the days following which most the state was aware of for a few days... which also has me scratching my head... I would think she would have known the wind was supposed to be bad that day so it’s strange to me she would go hiking ALONE on a day like that.

I'm starting to wonder if Shelby really went hiking that day? I clicked on the find facebook group and someone asked that very question. There are some interesting replies here Facebook Groups
I don’t have Facebook but I’m very interested in what some of these say.. could you possibly give me a little outline lol. I’m very close to this area and from the very beginning Something didn’t sit right with me about the whole thing... would

Did everyone see the latest post (by admin) on the Help Bring Shelby Home FB page? Very revealing IMO.

Facebook Groups

Part of most recent post from admin on the public FB Group “Help Bring Shelby Home”:

“Hello everyone. So, here is where we’re at. First off, Detectives have been working around the clock with this case since the night she went missing. They have ruled out any foul play surrounding her disappearance. We strongly believe Shelby is up there...

Evidence Shelby left behind gives us reason to believe she made plans to go up there but didn’t plan on returning. It’s nerve wrecking and confusing because we don’t know why!? What’s made this even more difficult is trying to find someone who doesn’t want to be found. There’s just so many unknowns at this time and it’s taking a toll on all of us having more questions then answers.

We also get everyone has their own input and ideas. But, we are asking you leave it up to law enforcement to seek those answers. They have asked and looked into everything with those exact questions. We will only do what we can, and right now all we can do is search, try and Find, Recovery. Whatever you want to call it. She’s up there and we will not quit until she is found.”

It's unlikely that anyone would have willingly gone there with the storm
(snipped)

I'm also in Layton (hello, neighbor!) and have been thinking the exact same thing. I woke up early that morning (5 or 5:30ish) because the wind gusts were so noisy and tried to talk my husband out of going on his usual 3-mile run around our neighborhood around 7am bc I thought it was too dangerous with all the debris blowing around. Hiking in the mountains, especially near a canyon, would have been extremely dangerous.

-MOO-

Facebook Groups

Part of most recent post from admin on the public FB Group “Help Bring Shelby Home”:

“Hello everyone. So, here is where we’re at. First off, Detectives have been working around the clock with this case since the night she went missing. They have ruled out any foul play surrounding her disappearance. We strongly believe Shelby is up there...

Evidence Shelby left behind gives us reason to believe she made plans to go up there but didn’t plan on returning. It’s nerve wrecking and confusing because we don’t know why!? What’s made this even more difficult is trying to find someone who doesn’t want to be found. There’s just so many unknowns at this time and it’s taking a toll on all of us having more questions then answers.

We also get everyone has their own input and ideas. But, we are asking you leave it up to law enforcement to seek those answers. They have asked and looked into everything with those exact questions. We will only do what we can, and right now all we can do is search, try and Find, Recovery. Whatever you want to call it. She’s up there and we will not quit until she is found.”
It sounds like there may be evidence- perhaps a note she left, that is pointing to self-harm? But searchers are determined to find and bring her home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back