Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you’re safe. Our area just got slammed by Hurricane Laura. What’s remaining of some communities have been without electricity for 20+ days.

Oh my gosh I’m sorry @Teche. I feel so bad for anyone having gone through the terror of a destructive hurricane and then being without power for that long afterwards is just miserable. I know there are so many people struggling with way worse than we are and my heart goes out to you guys and I hope you are doing ok too! The only good thing about it is neighbors and families helping each other...and the kindness of friends and even strangers can make such a difference too. :D

Yup, just heard that. Whoaaaaa --

So when he said he was searching all the mountains, did he mean garbage cans? Why was he looking in trash cans?????

JMO

Maybe he had disposed of said helmet in the Ponch Market trash so, when there were rumors that her helmet had been found, he frantically dug through the trash to see if it was still there. MOO

LE has not disclosed what the item is, IMO we won't know what it is until the PC affidavit is released or at trial.

That's why I went back and looked at the timeline again, did LE suspect BM of tampering with evidence? Who knows ... he'd have to be an absolute idiot to do that.
But old Barry hasn't proven to be the sharpest tool in the shed so far.

Don't you mean the cleanest tools in the tub?

I just noticed something else from the PE Storymap- in the Cellular Towers & Tracking section.

Key locations are highlighted in yellow, key towers are marked in purple. What's up with the two towers located near Cougar Canyon Pt in Divide, CO?

Did I miss some speculative discussion about pings in this area?
Suzanne Moorman Morphew

Maybe he had disposed of said helmet in the Ponch Market trash so, when there were rumors that her helmet had been found, he frantically dug through the trash to see if it was still there. MOO
Was he digging through the garbage before or after the item was found? I guess he could have said he was searching because he thought an abductor threw it there, but even that seems strange.

Posters have been suggesting (in jest I thought) he may go hunting the past couple days. I scrolled & rolled thinking how dumb that would be and surely he wouldn't o_O
Barry is really a special kind of stupid.
You just can’t make this stuff up?!

It’s like he’s doing the exact opposite of what one would think an innocent husband would do.

Is he that confident? Arrogant? Stupid?
I’m going with all of the above, since I don’t think he’s innocent. IMO.

BBM:

This line has always, always struck a wrong chord with me.

Did the best you could to do what, exactly?

Tell the truth? Come up with a good story?

"I did the best I could" is something you say when you know you've completely blown something.

I wonder what BM blew in his interview with LE.

JMO.
Good point. I couldn't figure out why that line bugged me, but you've nailed it.

Was he digging through the garbage before or after the item was found? I guess he could have said he was searching because he thought an abductor threw it there, but even that seems strange.
And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
image0000.jpg

The note left by Barry, Courtesy of Poncha Market
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

Personal item was found by LE on Thursday, May 14th.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

AM Staying Where in CO?
Just adding to the things we're curious about ... I'm curious about why BM hasn't offered up the house to Suzanne's brother to stay at ..... instead he has to go find accommodation for the duration of the search and vigil. That's not a good look in my opinion. I'm sure he would have liked to stay there, sit out in the garden where Suzanne sat, feel the closeness of her there ... ;)
@Itsapuzzle Good point.
But even if BM offered to let AM stay at house, some ppl in AM's shoes might not sense a genuinely warm welcome. Annnd staying in house w BM might muzzle AM from talking freely w members of his posse there or even on the phone. I wonder if AM would be concerned about his own personal safety.jm2cts.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps Suzanne both wanted out AND was growing more concerned about his actions, which may have seemed off. I think it's entirely possible they DID plan to go on a bike ride. On Saturday. His idea IMO. And she found it suspicious, especially if it's something he'd never done or (pretended to) want to do.... so, yes, she may well have been in bike clothes, expecting to go (perhaps reluctantly, perhaps a touch frightened, but surely not expecting the worst), entirely possible BM left Salida expecting to go on an actual bike ride with his wife, just for very different reasons.

As staged as the bike appears to be, maybe what's most telling is that the bike was on his mind, because a bike ACCIDENT was the original plan, but rage preempted it.

JMO
Agree, but how does this scenario fit with the day long conversation with her friend?

And a store manager at the Poncha Market described an encounter with Suzanne’s husband, a few days after Suzanne’s disappearance was publicized.

“Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala said.
image0000.jpg

The note left by Barry, Courtesy of Poncha Market
Butala is a store manager at the market and watched Barry on May 12th around 8 p.m. write the note on the back of a receipt.

Personal item was found by LE on Thursday, May 14th.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

1. This story differs from what the PE guys just stated. They said a young man saw a man digging in the trash. He walked out and asked him if he needed help...

2. I'd love to know what is on the receipt!

I've said before that BM had several pieces of a puzzle he believed to be foolproof. When something was found, or not found it eats at him not being in the loop. I think he was looking for something alright and it wasn't his wife.

I just noticed something else from the PE Storymap- in the Cellular Towers & Tracking section.

Key locations are highlighted in yellow, key towers are marked in purple. What's up with the two towers located near Cougar Canyon Pt in Divide, CO?

Did I miss some speculative discussion about pings in this area?
Suzanne Moorman Morphew
Are you talking about the map that shows towers and blue and pink trails along roads? I have no idea what Cougar Canyon is all about or the pink path is that ends in the middle of wilderness on a NF road. I keep hoping someone will mention this and explain it.

Not really. In the rushed desperation of the moment I suspect BM felt it important to provide info on what SM was *wearing* as opposed to what she might be carrying with her.
BM didn't even think it important to tell them WHO he was looking for.

"he leaves a note in the Pancha Market. “Somebody knocked on the window and it was Barry Morphew,” Tiffany Butala (Store Manager). There was no mention of who he was looking for, no description, only this note."

Now that is wacked out strange!

I think Knox has the link.

Are you talking about the map that shows towers and blue and pink trails along roads? I have no idea what Cougar Canyon is all about or the pink path is that ends in the middle of wilderness on a NF road. I keep hoping someone will mention this and explain it.
Yes, I can't do a direct link to map. Glad to see someone else has the same question.

1. This story differs from what the PE guys just stated. They said a young man saw a man digging in the trash. He walked out and asked him if he needed help...

2. I'd love to know what is on the receipt!

I've said before that BM had several pieces of a puzzle he believed to be foolproof. When something was found, or not found it eats at him not being in the loop. I think he was looking for something alright and it wasn't his wife.
Maybe not differs

After talking to that person he could have knocked on the window and then proceeded to talk to the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288