Passing of US Supreme Court Justice: Ruth Bader Ginsburg at 87, 18 Sept 2020

Oh, my, what a sad day for her family, for The Court, and for everyone here in the United States.
What a standard she set, and how hard she fought to stay healthy enough to continue to serve on the High Bench. An icon for all of us.
Thank you, @Richrd, for the post, and for continually keeping us informed on so many things.

Such a dedicated advocate of the law, for us women and for protecting civil liberties. Nothing stopped her, as she said, she loved her job... continually working as she received medical treatments, and at an age where most would have decided to retire. She was sharp as a tack until the very end. What a loss.

Thank you for your dedicated service to our country RBG. RIP. I hope your last wish is honored.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Champion Of Gender Equality, Dies At 87

"Our nation has lost a justice of historic stature," Chief Justice John Roberts said. "We at the Supreme Court have lost a cherished colleague. Today we mourn but with confidence that future generations will remember Ruth Bader Ginsburg as we knew her, a tireless and resolute champion of justice."

I really hope they looked up when they were searching the reserve.

It's a sad day. I can only hope whoever fills her seat will also be able to fill her shoes. There may be a storm on the horizon...

Indeed, I can already hear rumbling. SMH.

I hope that her dying wish, that her replacement will not be appointed until after the presidential election takes place, is upheld to the fullest.

I vow to be a part of the storm and rumbling!!!

Let's hope McConnell can follow the same opinion he held when Scalia died. It only seems fair and a decent way to handle a similar situation.

"The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," the top Senate Democrat tweeted in a reference to a statement made by McConnell in 2016 after the passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

Congress is getting ready for a fight over who will fill RBG's seat as McConnell vows to have a vote on Trump nominee - CNNPolitics

Ginsburg Expected to Lie in Repose at the Supreme Court

Plans for a commemoration and services have yet to be made final, but large crowds are expected to pay their respects for a justice who became a feminist icon and liberal hero.

WASHINGTON — Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is expected to lie in repose at the Supreme Court for two days, according to two people familiar with the preliminary plans, a public ceremony that is expected to draw large crowds of admirers who have come to view her as a feminist icon and liberal hero.

A ceremony inside the court is expected as early as Tuesday, according to someone familiar with the plan, followed by an outdoor viewing that would adhere to social distancing guidelines.

A small funeral service is also expected to be held for Justice Ginsburg, who died on Friday at 87, as well as a burial at Arlington National Cemetery later in the week. Her husband, Martin D. Ginsburg, was buried at Arlington in 2010...

RBG was a powerhouse who spoke in slow measured style so no-one could misconstrue her stance. She was a champion for women who put to rest the June Cleaver fantasy that women are defined by marriage and motherhood. I fear a sharp right turn is on the horizon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back