CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title makes me nauseous and very angry. Totally disgusting.
Sounds like someone murdered HIM. I have not read it, and won't. Strong possibility that he got that info about how kind, religious, and thoughtful CW is, from Mom. As I pointed out above, author doesn't even claim on his book site to have actually spoken with the murderer.

I wouldn't expect inmates to be on each other's "call lists" as I think it's long understood that inmates that are not immediate family are prohibited from corresponding or communicating with other inmates housed in other prisons.

I also do not put anything past mother Watts trying to spin Watts prison image but I do believe that it's possible Watts and Patterson could have had an opportunity to meet during bible study.

I don't think bible study or religious services would be withheld from maximum security inmates and doubt there are private sessions or multiple days to choose from for bible study. However, if Watts and Patterson were ever acquainted, I believe it was short-lived as Patterson was transferred by July 2019 -- giving him only about 5-6 weeks in DCIA.
IMO the whole thing came from Mom, who got it from CW. I don't hear Patterson coming forth with confirmation on those contacts with CW. If you get a chance, listen to those phone calls between CW, Ronnie, Cindy, and Sis. Easy to find on youtube. IMO confirms everything I've learned to believe about who runs that family dynamic, even with CW in prison. Others have mentioned it here, Cindy tells CW on the phone that she never knew what that advocate was going to say in (sentencing) court, and didn't agree with any of it. The advocate who spoke for Cindy and Ronnie.

I wouldn't expect inmates to be on each other's "call lists" as I think it's long understood that inmates that are not immediate family are prohibited from corresponding or communicating with other inmates housed in other prisons.

I also do not put anything past mother Watts trying to spin Watts prison image but I do believe that it's possible Watts and Patterson could have had an opportunity to meet during bible study.

I don't think bible study or religious services would be withheld from maximum security inmates and doubt there are private sessions or multiple days to choose from for bible study. However, if Watts and Patterson were ever acquainted, I believe it was short-lived as Patterson was transferred by July 2019 -- giving him only about 5-6 weeks in DCIA.
I agree, convicted felons are not supposed to have contact with other convicted felons. Doubt JP would make CW's call list.

Last edited:
American Murder: The Family Next Door

1 hour 22m Crime Documentaries

Using raw, firsthand footage, this documentary examines the disappearance of Shanann Watts and her children, and the terrible events that followed.

American Murder: The Family Next Door will be released on Netflix on the 30th of September.

American Murder: The Family Next Door | Netflix Official Site

The chilling real life facts behind Netflix’s American Murder: The Family Next Door
I hope the documentary is more accurate than the preview article. For starters, his name is Watts, not Wyatt. The wedding band was not found under the bed. And NUA is a lot of wonderful things, but physician isn’t one of them.

In the Netflix preview video, what's that surveillance video of Chris in the white shirt at the counter of some kind of mini-mart/convenience store? (At about 1:31 of the Netflix preview video) I don't recall ever seeing that before. I vaguely recall at one point there was a mention of him stopping after the murders too get a breakfast sandwich or something, but the still shots shown were always of a guy in an orange shirt that clearly was not him.

ETA: This was always the incorrect image shown, so I never realized that CW did in fact really stop to eat somewhere...

Video: Surveillance shows calm Chris Watts getting breakfast after murder | Daily Mail Online

Frankie said on his YouTube channel that his family worked with Netflix on the documentary
They didn’t work with Netflix on the content and I’m pretty certain they didn’t get any $ , but Netflix did talk to them before it was filmed and let them see it before it airs. They also offered to provide counseling for the family if they wanted it. I don’t think the Rzuceks had input or veto power on the finished product, but I understand after seeing it they felt of all the documentaries/docudramas that have been made this one is the most fair/accurate.

I haven’t seen the show yet, but give Netflix producers credit for how they handled it w/family (and some non-family represented in the movie). While it didn’t impact their content, the empathy and courtesy they’ve extended to the survivors was impressive and appreciated. And unfortunately not something other production companies have bothered to do.

BTW, According to the Netflix contact, the written preview wasn’t even created by Netflix or anyone associated with the production. Rather an unaffiliated third party who wrote it as click bait.

They didn’t work with Netflix on the content and I’m pretty certain they didn’t get any $ , but Netflix did talk to them before it was filmed and let them see it before it airs. They also offered to provide counseling for the family if they wanted it. I don’t think the Rzuceks had input or veto power on the finished product, but I understand after seeing it they felt of all the documentaries/docudramas that have been made this one is the most fair/accurate.

I haven’t seen the show yet, but give Netflix producers credit for how they handled it w/family (and some non-family represented in the movie). While it didn’t impact their content, the empathy and courtesy they’ve extended to the survivors was impressive and appreciated. And unfortunately not something other production companies have bothered to do.

BTW, According to the Netflix contact, the written preview wasn’t even created by Netflix or anyone associated with the production. Rather an unaffiliated third party who wrote it as click bait.

Frankie said it is Shannan’s own words and it’s well done. I’m glad they are so happy with it ❤️❤️❤️

In the Netflix preview video, what's that surveillance video of Chris in the white shirt at the counter of some kind of mini-mart/convenience store? (At about 1:31 of the Netflix preview video) I don't recall ever seeing that before. I vaguely recall at one point there was a mention of him stopping after the murders too get a breakfast sandwich or something, but the still shots shown were always of a guy in an orange shirt that clearly was not him.

ETA: This was always the incorrect image shown, so I never realized that CW did in fact really stop to eat somewhere...

Video: Surveillance shows calm Chris Watts getting breakfast after murder | Daily Mail Online
I remember that still shot, too. Now that we can see the whole thing, I think it actually was him. They just didn't show his face before.

Today is the release of the Netflix documentary. After the Suzanne Morphew anxiety filled weekend through yesterday and the debacle of the debate last night I am not sure I am emotionally ready to watch this. I did watch a YouTube of the call made to CW at prison where he and one of his new girlfriends speak to...someone..about CW desire to file an appeal due to coercion of his confession and the fact he says he has so much to offer outside of prison now that he has this newfound connection to God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57